Standon Calling 2021

DDave

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 12:18 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Tempted by this. Has anyone been before? What's the vibe? Is there plenty of nightlife? 

Can anybody answer this?

Had Beatherder and Boomtown both cancel so looking for an alternative in July / August, and this is one of the only ones with a (half) decent lineup and tickets remaining

(open to other suggestions if theres others im missing)

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Can anybody answer this?

Had Beatherder and Boomtown both cancel so looking for an alternative in July / August, and this is one of the only ones with a (half) decent lineup and tickets remaining

(open to other suggestions if theres others im missing)

It's a family festival for all ages, there's only one stage that goes on beyond midnight unfortunately, it's deffo not the vibe of boomtown, you wouldn't wanna be off your tits, all day everyday. - Though still fun.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

It's a family festival for all ages, there's only one stage that goes on beyond midnight unfortunately, it's deffo not the vibe of boomtown, you wouldn't wanna be off your tits, all day everyday. - Though still fun.

Thats a shame about the lack of late night entertainment as the lineup had a few gems on there. 

Think i'm just going to hold out and hope a few impromptu festivals are set up nearer the time

Thanks anyway

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thats a shame about the lack of late night entertainment as the lineup had a few gems on there. 

Think i'm just going to hold out and hope a few impromptu festivals are set up nearer the time

Thanks anyway

yeah its been disheartening this year, all the bigger festival that I'd want to go to even selling out in seconds or cancelling, especially since when the roadmap was announced it seemed like all festivals were a go and now tons are having to cancel cause the government don't wanna shell out the money for insurance. 

I have a couple APE days to go to, but for the big festivals, I think I may wait and get early birds for next year. - I think the real sigh of relief festival spirit will come through much more next year, if there's less worry about insurance, variants and having to do tests to get into the venue. 

Everything is uncertain atm, and it would suck if events hinged on testing that meant you could get turned away at the do due to a positive covid test, even if that test is a false postive.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 9:24 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Any reason why this hasn't cancelled yet? Could this possibly be one of the next round of pilot events?

This is my final hope for a festival in July...

Looks like you might be in luck...

https://standon-calling.com/2021/06/june-2021-statement/

They're forging ahead. Positive news after yesterday's WOMAD cancellation

We have tickets to Standon. Never been before but I heard good things about it 12 years ago. 
I haven’t been to a festival with an arena for a long time and I’m now worrying that it’s going to be a bit uptight. Is it tricky to take booze in and does everything finish quite early?  What are the queues generally like and is it a long walk to the campsite from car park. 
Might be a moot point if it ends up being cancelled anyway but I just wondered as there’s hardly any info about it online. 
TIA. 

We're in the same position here - only previously been to half a dozen Glastonbury's and festivals in Europe where you go in each day.

Really excited for this after the long break without a festival, and the line up looks really good.

From what I can gather from the limited amount of information, there are a few options for after the main stages finish - bars and maybe a dance tent/stage.

Looks like they may be strict on bringing anything into the arena, even water bottles are emptied going into the arena(Bringing Alcohol):

https://standon-calling.com/info/essential-info/

Everything crossed that it goes ahead!