Electric Picnic 2021

Pateen

20 hours ago, Pateen said:

Looks promising - from their website

Electric Picnic will take place between 3rd - 5th September, 2021.

I think the intention is for it definitely to go ahead, especially as it’s run by R&L promoter Melvyn Benn. Lineup is due out in a couple of weeks so I guess we’ll have a bit of a clearer picture then. The only issue may be the pace of the vaccine rollout in Ireland 

• 3 months later...

Do you not mean forward three weeks its going to be 24th - 26th September, so the weekend after the traditional Bestival dates of old.  Looks like Wild Roots might get the go ahead as well, the date has been changed to 13th - 15th August.

Wild-Roots-2021-Line-Up-Poster-01-2.jpg

Edited by pothead pixie

• 1 month later...

Things are looking pretty dire for Ireland's gig front at the moment and with Latitude just past it really feels like a different world here, we have just opened indoor hospitality for the vaccinated and those recovered from Covid.  Wild Roots, a 10,000 capacity festival which was supposed to happen on 13th - 15th August was cancelled and the only other festival we have going is Electric Picnic. 

Unfortunately our media and RTE have scared the shite out of the population relentlessly for the last 18 months with the worst doom mongering imaginable and has petrified people with even taking a chance at a small event much less the 70,000 capacity Electric Picnic.  All the County Laois councillors are up in arms about this festival going ahead and a number of residents too.  How come Latitude didn't have to go through this shit I ask?  Well it doesn't look like this is going to be happening and please don't think I'm a killjoy ruining your buzz as this is what is happening in Ireland right now.  I'll leave links to some newspaper articles about the complaints against the festival happening. 

https://www.laoispeople.ie/latest-laois-news-every-laois-county-councillor-opposed-to-staging-of-electric-picnic-in-2021/

https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/arts-culture-entertainment/652530/breaking-health-minister-believes-electric-picnic-unlikely-to-happen.html

Laois will not see EP again I'm sure. It will either move to the North or somewhere in County Dublin I suspect. They will certainly regret not hosting the festival this time, when all participants would have been vaccinated. I know Melvin Benn needs the money, but hard to disagree with the points raised by Fest Republic to justify why/how the event should have gone ahead. 

When will Irish people accept the vaccine works and that life needs to return to normal?

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, pothead pixie said:

Some speculation on Goldenplec.com that the lineup has been leaked, but a lot of acts seems more like they should be in Longitude and not EP.

https://www.goldenplec.com/has-the-electric-picnic-2022-line-up-been-leaked/

Coming from no. 1 top source Bandsintown. Not reliable. The bands listed are just copied from 2020.

So who do we reckon for the first announcement then? I’ll throw my hat in the ring and guess;

Rage Against The Machine

Chemical Brothers

Arctic Monkeys

Dua Lipa

Tears For Fears

Fontaines DC

Little Simz

Self Esteem 

Wet Leg

Lewis Capaldi

Picture This

Supergrass 

Very happy with the first announcement, and plenty more good stuff to be added.

At the moment my ‘must sees’ are Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Pixies, Bright Eyes, Sleaford Mods, Fontaines DC, Wolf Alice, Gang Of Youths and Little Simz. 

Will also pop along to Megan Thee Stallion, Kooks, Perfume Genius, London Grammar, Glass Animals and Girl In Red if clashes allow. So that’s 15 already to see. Add in stuff like Body & Soul, Trailer Park, Comedy Tent and some 80s cheese in Electric Ireland and I’m well happy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shanndy said:

Very happy with the first announcement, and plenty more good stuff to be added.

At the moment my ‘must sees’ are Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Pixies, Bright Eyes, Sleaford Mods, Fontaines DC, Wolf Alice, Gang Of Youths and Little Simz. 

Will also pop along to Megan Thee Stallion, Kooks, Perfume Genius, London Grammar, Glass Animals and Girl In Red if clashes allow. So that’s 15 already to see. Add in stuff like Body & Soul, Trailer Park, Comedy Tent and some 80s cheese in Electric Ireland and I’m well happy.

Body & Soul left the Picnic after the 2019 edition of the festival, the area is now being changed to the Mind & Body area, so could be interesting there, wouldn't be surprised of a lot of former B&S staff migrate to this new area.

Edited by pothead pixie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, pothead pixie said:

Body & Soul left the Picnic after the 2019 edition of the festival, the area is now being changed to the Mind & Body area, so could be interesting there, wouldn't be surprised of a lot of former B&S staff migrate to this new area.

Ah yeah, hopefully it’ll have the same vibe as B&S. Sounds like they’re expanding the main stage area too, I’m guessing they’ll be pushing it back into the Mindfield area

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 4:28 PM, pothead pixie said:

Hello where is the second announcement, hello? hello? hello? Hello?

They've just said....

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT FRIDAY

Only less than a month to go, it's only a matter of weeks. We've been announcing lots of exciting line ups for MindField, Ah Hear Now!, Anachronica, The Theatre Casa Bacardí, and Transmission, but we reckon its time for the big one.

Keep an eye out next Friday, August 12th for the next BIG announcement!