Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

It's still a good festival. Lineup is always killer. Just I personally wouldn't go back.

We wanted to try Primavera and RW this year for the first time (won't go back to PS until they fix a few things) so quite curious to see how it shakes out - it's so strange, 3 of the nights are headlined by fossils and one is clearly for the kids, we're somewhere in between.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

We wanted to try Primavera and RW this year for the first time (won't go back to PS until they fix a few things) so quite curious to see how it shakes out - it's so strange, 3 of the nights are headlined by fossils and one is clearly for the kids, we're somewhere in between.

If I'm being honest I'm 1000000% more likely to return to PS than RW but that's personal preference. Queues to get in were horrendous, crowd was dead, site is out of the way to get to, drink choice was limited, zero nightlife apart from a naff DJ & food was unspectacular.

Though might have just been a bad year I went to RW.

EDIT: Also each act ever so slightly clashes so you'll always miss the first or last 5-10 minutes of the next set on.

Edited by deadpheasant
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

If I'm being honest I'm 1000000% more likely to return to PS than RW but that's personal preference. Queues to get in were horrendous, crowd was dead, site is out of the way to get to, drink choice was limited, zero nightlife apart from a naff DJ & food was unspectacular.

Though might have just been a bad year I went to RW.

EDIT: Also each act ever so slightly clashes so you'll always miss the first or last 5-10 minutes of the next set on.

Fair enough, will see in a few weeks! Clashes for us are mostly fine except some running around between Pixies / Beck / War on Drugs. The water problem at PS really pissed us off so if that's even slightly better at RW we'll be happy. Wasn't fun carrying 8 empty bottles in a bag just so we didn't have to miss half the music

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Fair enough, will see in a few weeks! Clashes for us are mostly fine except some running around between Pixies / Beck / War on Drugs. The water problem at PS really pissed us off so if that's even slightly better at RW we'll be happy. Wasn't fun carrying 8 empty bottles in a bag just so we didn't have to miss half the music

Not having a dig but just curious as to why you needed eight bottles. Are you an elephant? : )

I drank before I arrived and maybe had one (or maximum two) waters among the beers.

Would be very different admittedly if Primavera started before teatime (or for people on mdma) but within a few hours it’s already getting dark and i’m not that thirsty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rhak said:

Question for W2 goers: anyone see Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever? Enjoyed that new album, saw them once at a festival, loved their vibe. 

I was very excited to see them, even though I don't like the new album as much as the previous ones. And they were really good, I enjoyed it, but the crowd was quite dead. I left a little early to catch the start of YYY (which I still didn't since they started at least 5 minutes early).

But definitely would like to see them again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not having a dig but just curious as to why you needed eight bottles. Are you an elephant? : )

I drank before I arrived and maybe had one (or maximum two) waters among the beers.

Would be very different admittedly if Primavera started before teatime (or for people on mdma) but within a few hours it’s already getting dark and i’m not that thirsty.

Yeah I guzzle water normally anyway, add to that Spain heat (I also sweat alot normally), booze dehydration and various smokes, we needed a lot of water. So the tap situation became a pain for us, we got through 8 small bottles in a few hours. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhak said:

Question for W2 goers: anyone see Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever? Enjoyed that new album, saw them once at a festival, loved their vibe. 

I thought they were amazing, but as someone already said, the crowd was quite dead. Expect for a small group of people right next to me, who I think were friends of the band, they knew every single word and jumped through the whole set. Me and some other people joined them when they played French Press and the drummer started to crowd-surf, had a really good time. Top3-gig out of both weekends for me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was stressed and anxious for days running up to festival, probably with life in general but also hearing about festival disorganisation didnt help. 4th time (W2) and i loved it, saw everyone i really wanted to, timed taking it easy and going hard well. Saw people i knew , think only queued long once for a drink during Gorillaz. Drank the free bottles of water when I could and kept a couple of caps for emergency water in bag with emergency sneaked in tinnie... I'd no real desire to be close to main stages tbh so as long as I could hear i was happy enough to be further back, the side by side stages aided this in a way if you were the opposite side still had room to dance. Saw about 20 acts , a majority women I reckon.

Dua Lipa was fun if not a bit boring? But so many hits, had room to dance with friends so passed the time well.

Megan Thee Stallion came at the right time, unexpected great energy after catching end of Jessie Ware. Thought I was gonna go through the ground during 'body.' Nice set up for end of festival dancing at rayban after.

Yyys just great, welled up during Maps, came out of crowd a sweaty mess after Date with the night.

Tame Impala I finally actually watched after being in the vicinity eating when they're been on twice before lol. Wow, took some time by myself and just enjoyed that set in my own world

CMAT crowd showed up for the early trek to Tous. Goosebumps at 'I wanna Be a Cowboy baby' crowd singing video taken from the stage.

Lorde was fantastic, well paced set. Green light was something I'd wanted to see live since i spent a lot of lockdown watching concert footage so that was a real moment for me (as was what's your pleasure JW)

Amyl & the Sniffers surprised the crowd sang so much round me. However it was the first act I saw and I sweat buckets haha. Thought I was gonna be in trouble rest of weekend but adjusted!

Bits was a real trek but I really liked the area, had a different feel to it. Open the bridge at least 1 way and it'd be a winner .

Wore really supportive running shoes and delighted my back is fine. My thighs struggled with the final few steps up from Cupra though on the last day haha.

Enjoyed the first half of Strokes set, decided to eat and sit down at the back but head bopped to the nostalgic classics and adults are talking.

Mostly ended up preparing own food and with the heat didnt drink as much as i thought so have actually came home with money! Have booked a hotel for next year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lot of people with after-PS covid in my group, too 😅: So who's gonna start the forum for the next year? Can't wait already. 

1- remove the vip area from where it was this year. 

2- put the two big stages one in front of the other again 

3- plan some back up headliner. Things aren't going to be any different next year. 

4 - book portishead, nine inch nails and my bloody valentine and I don't need other headliner 

5 - I never thought I would have said this but the worse the clash, the better the outcome of the concert experience, so make everyone clash lol 

 

 

Edited by Whos3000_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rhak said:

There's so many reasons why covid is so abound: massive crowds, people cheering & singing and lots of small shows in packed venues on top of that. But add an import of Portuguese overworked bar staff (Portugal having had a recent surge) who half of the time didn't wash your cup (or even gave you used ones of other people!) and it's a miracle half of BCN isn't down by now

Putting the fault on the Portuguese...

There were people from more than 100 countries, huge crowds, 99% no wearing a mask (me neither...I had Covid three weeks before the festival).

There was no soap or alcohol to wash your hands in the entire place.

But, of course, Portuguese bar staff were the cause.

And yes. I am Portuguese.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This year I missed some musical surprises at the Festival. No Hidden Stage. Thought may Kings of Convencience will play. Or Arcade Fire. But we had only cancellations. For next year, I don't only wait for the line up but even for the timetable. The Line Up Poster shows only half the truth... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And about Covid/Cups: Nowadays unbelieveable: When buying a beer sometimes you got a used cup from another person without cleaning or anything. For me, having been there for my 8th time, there were too many downers this year. They will win some people over the world but will lose some in Barcelona. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, branvan said:

This year I missed some musical surprises at the Festival. No Hidden Stage. Thought may Kings of Convencience will play. Or Arcade Fire. But we had only cancellations. For next year, I don't only wait for the line up but even for the timetable. The Line Up Poster shows only half the truth... 

Just for comparison, the Rolling Stones cancelled their Amsterdam gig a couple of nights ago because Mick caught covid. Gig got cancelled after people had already entered the stadium. So I can cut the organisers some slack here because there's only so much they can do.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, scuzzboy said:

this is the interesting part from the interview:

Quote

We were going to have a very big stage in the beach area that would help spread people throughout the venue but two months before the festival, Sant Adrià town hall said that they wouldn’t give us a licence for 30,000 people and they reduced it to just 15,000. Then we weren’t able to put the big stage with the big acts in that area, so people really didn’t go to that area of the festival much

assuming they'll get the license next time, this means one of the big stages will be on bits. more clashes, on distant stage, bummer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

assuming they'll get the license next time, this means one of the big stages will be on bits. more clashes, on distant stage, bummer

So more people moving from and to BITS. I can see another problem on the horizon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, branvan said:

And about Covid/Cups: Nowadays unbelieveable: When buying a beer sometimes you got a used cup from another person without cleaning or anything. For me, having been there for my 8th time, there were too many downers this year. They will win some people over the world but will lose some in Barcelona. 

I've noticed that! I gave them a cup for refill and they gave me the cup from another person who was ordering with me! I was always asking for a new cup just to escape using my old dirty one, but looks like it was a mistake.

I ended up with some sort of cold, my flight went terrible cuz of that, I didn't take a test and I'm working from home now. My friend developed the same symptoms at the same time! We still think that it was maybe cuz of Razzmatazz, but maybe cups, who knows. I've seen dirty cups in Razzmatazz as well, just washed by pure water.

However, if I'm doing Primavera next year, I'll do just Barcelona. Two weeks is def too long for someone who is hitting 30 soon.

It was a great time, maybe I'll write a review about the artists I've seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So people were only annoyed about queuing an hour for beer or water because they're used to getting it out of their fridge? Nice way to blame the punter. They make it sound like no one has been to a bar or a gig or any other kind of event since their last festival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

I've noticed that! I gave them a cup for refill and they gave me the cup from another person who was ordering with me! I was always asking for a new cup just to escape using my old dirty one, but looks like it was a mistake.

I ended up with some sort of cold, my flight went terrible cuz of that, I didn't take a test and I'm working from home now. My friend developed the same symptoms at the same time! We still think that it was maybe cuz of Razzmatazz, but maybe cups, who knows. I've seen dirty cups in Razzmatazz as well, just washed by pure water.

However, if I'm doing Primavera next year, I'll do just Barcelona. Two weeks is def too long for someone who is hitting 30 soon.

It was a great time, maybe I'll write a review about the artists I've seen.

I never noticed that they gave me a dirty cup, assumed a clean one meant a clean one. Really hope they weren't just routinely swapping dirty ones around? Again down to training partly but surely an element of common sense. I guess washing facilties for cups weren't up to scratch either?

I'm lucky to have not come away with covid it seems - we had it in late March so reckon that helped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I'd go back next year only if they lineup is stacked. I saw more music here than at any other festival, probably partly because there's nothing else going on but mostly because there was so much I wanted to see and so much I missed out on due to clashes. It is tiring though, I felt like I missed out on a lot of exploring too because of the festival hours and catching up on sleep. I was somehow away for 11 days and didn't even catch a tan 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scuzzboy said:

I think that we just forgot how music festivals used to be,” she says. “We’ve had two years of being at home, where you could go to your fridge and get a beer and your toilet is your own and you don’t have anyone around you. 🤡🤡

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bram said:

I think that we just forgot how music festivals used to be,” she says. “We’ve had two years of being at home, where you could go to your fridge and get a beer and your toilet is your own and you don’t have anyone around you. 🤡🤡

 

Such a shit take 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, that beer quote is fucking annoying. Of course it's the festivalgoers' fault for.. not being used to queueing? Embarrassing.

The Bits info is interesting but still, potentially tens of thousands of people trying to get back and forth to that area would be a dangerous mess, and only exacerbates the crowding and bottlenecks in certain areas leading to/from it. Just trying to shift people across the site effectively doesn't work when there's simply too many people on site already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The Bits info is interesting but still, potentially tens of thousands of people trying to get back and forth to that area would be a dangerous mess, and only exacerbates the crowding and bottlenecks in certain areas leading to/from it. Just trying to shift people across the site effectively doesn't work when there's simply too many people on site already.

moving more people to bits will obviously make the way there more crowded, but it will help the people who stays on the main site, the stages there will be less crowded.

I don't like this direction, but assuming they are not going to sell less tickets (with or without closing/narrowing down bits area) - this is the only solution they have 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...