Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, pipan said:

Well, I'm definitely not doing this 2 weekends thing in the future.

Same. It's been an experience but my whole body is aching and I've still got Glasto to do too. Definitely feel the difference being on concrete for hours rather than grass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Same. It's been an experience but my whole body is aching and I've still got Glasto to do too. Definitely feel the difference being on concrete for hours rather than grass.

Huge respect to you guys doing two weekends. No way I could. My feet hurt way more after three days at Primavera than five at Glastonbury! Partly the concrete, partly probably sitting and chilling more at Glastonbury I reckon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, hollyzone said:

We were surprised they were enforcing the mask rule on the buses, don't think they did on the three other nights we took the bus. We got talking to some women who weren't allowed on cos they didn't have masks - they'd queued with us for about 30-40 minutes and in that time no one was going up and down the queue telling people masks were mandatory. Wasting people's time there, especially when the rules were inconsistently applied.

The need to wear masks on public transport is set by Spanish law. If I travel to another country I accept that I have to respect their rules.

Don’t agree that people should expect to be reminded of something that is law.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxialac said:

The need to wear masks on public transport is set by Spanish law. If I travel to another country I accept that I have to respect their rules.

Don’t agree that people should expect to be reminded of something that is law.

 

What I don't get is how did they get to the festival without a mask? Did they not wear them on the metro or tram to get there? So surely you'd have one in your bag/pocket.

They didn't enforce it when we got the bus though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What I don't get is how did they get to the festival without a mask? Did they not wear them on the metro or tram to get there? So surely you'd have one in your bag/pocket.

They didn't enforce it when we got the bus though.

Your second paragraph is the problem. Trust me, I work in healthcare sector intelligence, and the way to get people to do sensible things in a pandemic is to be very very unsubtle and repetitive in your messaging. I've been truly delighted to see the Metro here is 80-90% masked at all times, but that seems firmly built on consistent and good messaging. Primavera just didn't have that with regard to the shuttles (and many other things). You have to make everything so so obvious, especially with many intoxicated people.

And I say this as someone who knew the rules, had my mask at all times, and wishes the UK had done many things differently in the pandemic (a whole other issue, not for here).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hollyzone said:

Your second paragraph is the problem. Trust me, I work in healthcare sector intelligence, and the way to get people to do sensible things in a pandemic is to be very very unsubtle and repetitive in your messaging. I've been truly delighted to see the Metro here is 80-90% masked at all times, but that seems firmly built on consistent and good messaging. Primavera just didn't have that with regard to the shuttles (and many other things). You have to make everything so so obvious, especially with many intoxicated people.

And I say this as someone who knew the rules, had my mask at all times, and wishes the UK had done many things differently in the pandemic (a whole other issue, not for here).

Yeah, I get it. I'm one of the very few people who still wears one on public transport in the UK! But my point was really that they weren't consistently enforcing it as it sounds like they chose to one day and not on others. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was surprised to see so many people abiding by the mask rules on public transport here, but then I saw one guy get denied entry on to a bus for not having one and also a guard walking up and down a train enforcing it, so I guess that explains that! We could’ve done with that attitude in the U.K. instead of just letting people do what they want and wear fake medical exemptions around their necks.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Huge respect to you guys doing two weekends. No way I could. My feet hurt way more after three days at Primavera than five at Glastonbury! Partly the concrete, partly probably sitting and chilling more at Glastonbury I reckon. 

Finally, the last day of the festival plus ciutat. I can’t feel my 40 years old leg anymore and even My stomach seems to reject the intake of Estrella Consumption ( Aperol to the rescue). This whole 2 weekends PS were such roller coaster feeling, but I’m grateful to be able to experience the first international music performance with many goood set after 2 years hiatus due to damn Covid. 
 

Now onto YYY (kind of) reunion performance. Saw them last during my Uni years at 2004 and 2006, and their performance was perfect. Hopefully their today’s set not as crowded as Strokes, Gorillaz or Tame.

Have a safe festival everyone

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If people had a nightmare getting home because they weren’t treated like babies and told they needed a mask for public transport here in Spain, that’s probably the very best way for them to do the sensible thing next time, having learned the hard way!

Primavera’s twitter yesterday posted an infographic saying to wear masks on the shuttle incidentally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If people had a nightmare getting home because they weren’t treated like babies and told they needed a mask for public transport here in Spain, that’s probably the very best way for them to do the sensible thing next time, having learned the hard way!

Primavera’s twitter yesterday posted an infographic saying to wear masks on the shuttle incidentally.

Agree in general, but I must also agree with the health care worker above: repetition of rules is necessary and to be fair, this festival just lacks in personnel/volunteers at a lot of times (ciutat lines, bars first night,...) and definitely was not up for the task with this many extra people.

Bit undecided myself whether the grounds can actually hold as many (i do remember occasions at Pukkelpop for instance where it was almost impossible to get into Foo Fighters headlining but I think the capacity for the main stage might be bigger there - it's hard to actually estimate that) people as were there: you are bound to have a busy festival after corona and them being one of the first big ones on European mainland to go ahead in full force. 

Judging on what happened this weekend I'm curious how the festival is going to go forward. The 2 weekends had a different approach in my opinion: W1 being more oldschool, W2 leaning more towards pop etc. Risk of 1 being younger people are less interested (although you might get them interested, always the questions whether you want to be leading or following). Risk of 2 being you get Mordor crushes and people setting up camp there (which is an advantage elsewehere). 

Anyways: for people undecided about today's program: Mogwai were stellar last week, Viagra Boys is a raucous gang and Altin Gün is always loads of fun (and you might end up being at the best side for finishing it all of with DJ Coco afterwards, really jealous about that as a W1'er)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bram said:

Finally, the last day of the festival plus ciutat. I can’t feel my 40 years old leg anymore and even My stomach seems to reject the intake of Estrella Consumption ( Aperol to the rescue). This whole 2 weekends PS were such roller coaster feeling, but I’m grateful to be able to experience the first international music performance with many goood set after 2 years hiatus due to damn Covid. 
 

Now onto YYY (kind of) reunion performance. Saw them last during my Uni years at 2004 and 2006, and their performance was perfect. Hopefully their today’s set not as crowded as Strokes, Gorillaz or Tame.

Have a safe festival everyone

 

 

Enjoy! YYYs and Lorde were the ones that appealed most from the W2 lineup for me. Oh and Bicep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Agree in general, but I must also agree with the health care worker above: repetition of rules is necessary and to be fair, this festival just lacks in personnel/volunteers at a lot of times (ciutat lines, bars first night,...) and definitely was not up for the task with this many extra people.

Bit undecided myself whether the grounds can actually hold as many (i do remember occasions at Pukkelpop for instance where it was almost impossible to get into Foo Fighters headlining but I think the capacity for the main stage might be bigger there - it's hard to actually estimate that) people as were there: you are bound to have a busy festival after corona and them being one of the first big ones on European mainland to go ahead in full force. 

Judging on what happened this weekend I'm curious how the festival is going to go forward. The 2 weekends had a different approach in my opinion: W1 being more oldschool, W2 leaning more towards pop etc. Risk of 1 being younger people are less interested (although you might get them interested, always the questions whether you want to be leading or following). Risk of 2 being you get Mordor crushes and people setting up camp there (which is an advantage elsewehere). 

Anyways: for people undecided about today's program: Mogwai were stellar last week, Viagra Boys is a raucous gang and Altin Gün is always loads of fun (and you might end up being at the best side for finishing it all of with DJ Coco afterwards, really jealous about that as a W1'er)

My point was more aimed at maskless people who can hardly complain that they weren't reminded sufficiently that they were expected to follow Spanish law.

Simultaneously agree Primavera should have been more consistent and that they have had issues with staffing/training this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lack of hand sanny and soap this year - barely out of a pandemic, with an increased amount of people on site and an increased awareness of germs and illness - was awful. I've been reading some really bad stories from people who had to use the disabled/accessible provisions and toilets, too, which were a mess. Just so disappointing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

FUCK! They’ve switched Shellac and Sky Ferreira around so now the end of Sky clashes with the start of YYYs. Noooo whyyyyy 😪

Sky Ferreira now also clashes with Rolling Blackouts CF, this is an awful change, really don't get why it was necessary, the schedule was just perfect before...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They should absolutely have stocked more sanitiser themselves, but I can't believe people still go to festivals without their own tiny bottles. Just not worth the filth if you have to use those facilities and there's none there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

Sky Ferreira now also clashes with Rolling Blackouts CF, this is an awful change, really don't get why it was necessary, the schedule was just perfect before...

 

Yep I had a perfect day lined up and they’ve absolutely fucked it with that change. Wonder if it has anything to do with her turning up late at Porto and them not wanting the same thing to happen here. 

Edited by FloorFiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The difference between the two weekends is very noticable. First weekend felt crowded everywhere. Now anything outside of the main stages seem quite empty. JAMC performed in front of the tiniest crowd I have ever seen for a set after sunset at Primavera stage. 

Best performance yesterday for me was The Smile, amazing sound quality. The Murder Capital also very intense. 

I agree with previous posters that it is probably impossible to enjoy double weekend fully due to the fatigue. I have seen some gigs that were amazing but I couldnt really enjoy because of feet aching to the point of not being able to concentrate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve managed surprisingly well with the double weekend. Went way overboard on the first day as is tradition which left me feeling awful on the Friday, and had a run midweek where I felt pretty shitty/comedowny which will inevitably happen again in a couple of days once I’ve stopped fighting the hangovers with more drink and drugs, but I’ve managed better than I thought I would. 

Still though… never again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm seriously considering only going to see YYYs and Jessie Ware tonight. I'm exhausted and my feet are two planks of pain. I can't drink alcohol, so it's not a result of overdoing that side of the fun either, I think two weekends in a row is just too much. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My advice to anyone flying back from Barcelona is to buy fast track security access. On the Aena app they even give you 20% discount which amounts to about 4 euros. Then as soon as through security go straight to the line at passport control at D gates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...