Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bram said:

Probably PS is become a bigger festival than ky

Nah you’re good. Everyone got their own opinion. I’ve been to PS since 2013, and eventho I still have a good time at the fest, it felt different and (way) less magical compare to the previous year. Would appreciate, if you have any opinion on other good festival that I can visit (non camping one).

Cheers! To be honest I've only really done camping ones so can't help with suggestions. This was my first that wasn't (unless you count day festivals in London like All Points East etc). Which obviously shows for one thing that I prefer camping whereas for a lot of people the non-camping aspect of Primavera is a big draw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got back today and was going to post this anyway but my tip for avoiding crowds or queues is to detour to the Sona bit.

Only originally went to use it as a shortcut but thought it was a nice spot to escape the big stages, although it was so weird you had to walk through the dark to get there from the main stages - know it’s a massive area but some parts seem completely forgotten about?

Still, I had a great time (especially with National, Tyler and Nick Cave) but would probably only return with the right line-up rather than a yearly event. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Sorry, I mean now. Probably badly worded. I mean I don't feel inclined to forgive them now as I wasn't a big fan of the whole festival. People who love it will always defend it more. 

I was told by people here it would be fairly easy to get in for the shows so I assumed if I turned up early enough I would. Silly me! 

Not the hugest deal in the world, but I just feel they weren't that honest about the possibility of getting in to them.

We will just go round and round anyway... 

Ah, apologies and actually partly my fault too.

Has always been pretty easy to get into (admittedly much smaller scale) Ciutat gigs and thought trend would continue.

I thought I knew Primavera but this year has turned everything on its head.

Not saying the magic has died but massive problems that didn’t exist before, primarily a bucket load more people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxialac said:

Ah, apologies and actually partly my fault too.

Has always been pretty easy to get into (admittedly much smaller scale) Ciutat gigs and thought trend would continue.

I thought I knew Primavera but this year has turned everything on its head.

Not saying the magic has died but massive problems that didn’t exist before, primarily a bucket load more people.

Fair dos. I'm happy that people still love it despite the issues and I definitely enjoyed all the bands I saw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha. Yeah, the Primavera I know and loved is definately dead. Its okay though, I am probably an nostalgic guy who is too old.

I just spent 20 min to get out of Mordor between 20 year olds vomiting around me. Dua Lipa are headlining and got by far the best reception. The crowd for Interpol was pretty dead..

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, broccoli said:

how many people are in tonight? felt like twice as many for gorillaz as last week. dreading the strokes tomorrow 

Think a lot of people turned up for Dua Lipa during Gorillaz tbf. She had a massive crowd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pne094 said:

Haha. Yeah, the Primavera I know and loved is definately dead. Its okay though, I am probably an nostalgic guy who is too old.

I just spent 20 min to get out of Mordor between 20 year olds vomiting around me. Dua Lipa are headlining and got by far the best reception. The crowd for Interpol was pretty dead..

 

Not my experience at all, I've seen fewer drunk and annoying Brits compared to the first weekend, today actually feels a lot more chill and less crowded than any day last week, I managed to get easily to the front for everything I wanted to see and there's a lot more space to move around (I didn't go to Mordor though so that probably explains it... Also who cares for Mordor when you have Mdou Moctar smashing it on the Plenitude stage?!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kitkat129 said:

Not my experience at all, I've seen fewer drunk and annoying Brits compared to the first weekend, today actually feels a lot more chill and less crowded than any day last week, I managed to get easily to the front for everything I wanted to see and there's a lot more space to move around (I didn't go to Mordor though so that probably explains it... Also who cares for Mordor when you have Mdou Moctar smashing it on the Plenitude stage?!)

Glad to hear that you had a great time tonight 🙂 Yeah, its my own fault for being down there while the festivals maybe biggest teenage attraction was playing. But its still too much people this year. Didnt even bother with Biceps and went home instead.

Gonna stay away from the main stages tomorrow, minus 1 hour in hell while Strokes are playing. Concert I am most looking forward to: Rigberta Bandini 🤌

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had an absolutely banging time tonight. Saw Ride, Slowdive, Duma, Gabber Modus Operandi and Bicep. Everything felt very chill until all the coked up brits arrived for Bicep and I decided to get out of the crowd and back to the steps. Generally much more chill vibe than last weekend but feel that’s probably due to everyone being over at Mordor.

However still far too many people in the site generally. Getting out was harder than it ever has been in previous years. Crushes feel worse than before at any pinch point and I swear there is more vomiting than I have ever seen before?

Anyway I have concluded I am done with the festival, gonna make the most of my last couple of days but the spark is clearly gone. For those saying there are bigger crowds at other festivals that’s the point, Primavera used to be different to other festivals so it feels weird to us all now it’s so huge.

Finally apologies to the people I blinded with my phone light in Duma. Genuinely had no idea it was on when I pulled it out of my pocket and felt like a real dumbass when someone pointed it out. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was absolutely class. Possibly better than any day last week? Khruangbin in the sun ahhhh, King Giz blew my mind, Slowdive the perfect chill, Big Thief were raucous, Dua Lipa is such a performer, Tyler better (for me, I was right in there) than last week, and Bicep absolutely went off.  All classsss.

BBCC was just a bit of fun really, but would have prefer 2manyDJs if I'm picking, but could probably do with the sit and stare on the stairs 😅 Saw a festival goer try and nick someone's hang bag which was reaaaaaaally uncool. Suppose it's easier to pickpocket in the fest than out.  

Edit: how did I forget Metronomy?! Wasn't a big fan of theirs prior, but the vibe down Binance was class..consider me finally a fan 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by adforperu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gregorick said:

I swear there is more vomiting than I have ever seen before?

Probably something to do with all the Brits and that's probably why a lot of the vibes were off for people this year. We can be really awful at festivals. Ran into a LOT of Brits and while most were cool there were definitely sizeable groups of lads on tour just there to get as messy as possible and watch DJs/pop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my way to Best Kept Secret now to revisit W1's highlights Nick Cave and Beach House and see the Strokes, Big Thief and Fontaines D.C. (skipped them last week).

Have fun and stay strong W2-people!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching Tyler The Creators journey from his performance with Odd Future in 2011 (the one with the stage invasion) to now has been pretty insane btw. I think its my fourth(?) time seeing him at Primavera, and the progress has been so cool to see. 

His performance last night was brilliant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Probably something to do with all the Brits and that's probably why a lot of the vibes were off for people this year. We can be really awful at festivals. Ran into a LOT of Brits and while most were cool there were definitely sizeable groups of lads on tour just there to get as messy as possible and watch DJs/pop. 

Ugh, I wanted to strangle three British guys who decided to loudly discuss their itinerary and stage placements in the middle of Richard Dawson set. Standing in the second row, right in front of me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Glenn Coco said:

Nothing wrong with camping for your favourite artist.. but at least show some respect to the acts that come before. Way too many Dua Lipa fans just sitting down and chatting during Interpol

We noticed this. Yes, there's usually people talking at any stage, but the volume of loud conversations even close to Interpol was unusual and a bit disrespectful. Oh well. Did better than my mum who found a spot to sit and watch the main stage but had to move cos of people pissing there... guys, it's AstroTurf, not real grass, that piss is going to sit there and not absorb into the ground! Just no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...