Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Am I right in thinking that the body searches are more or less arbitrary? I've got a couple of hipflasks and a mini pot of joints to fit down my pants...

Edited by Clakus
Typo

22 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Sitting at the AC pool listening to Pavement’s sound check. Guess this is really happening 

I was in there an hour ago. Now in the Princess. Good Times. 

As for the Strokes - FUCKS SAKE!! 

Oddly this cancellation made things better for me by removing the Jamie xx / Caribou clash. Was always planning to see The Strokes on weekend 2.

It really does suck for weekend 1 people though.

Can't be too surprised about the Strokes but it's a big shame for those mostly going for them. 

I'm actually pretty content with the Mogwai addition and the fact that I can now see Earl and Gizzard and not have to go to sala apolo Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So I guess I will finally see The Strokes in 2023 then? Gutted.

I doubt they will be booked again to be honest. 2023 headliners must be already booked by now.

12 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So I guess I will finally see The Strokes in 2023 then? Gutted.

Nah they’re still doing the second weekend - just not tomorrow unfortunately. 

Sorts out the Jamie/Caribou clash for me, and I’m guessing Mogwai won’t be mad busy so can leave Jamie early and see some of that too. Not all bad, although I am gutted for those just doing weekend 1 as that’s a major blow. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Nah they’re still doing the second weekend - just not tomorrow unfortunately. 

Sorts out the Jamie/Caribou clash for me, and I’m guessing Mogwai won’t be mad busy so can leave Jamie early and see some of that too. Not all bad, although I am gutted for those just doing weekend 1 as that’s a major blow. 

Jamie isn't supposed to play Mordor anyway, it's a bloody DJ set (pretty sure he replaced Brockhampton). Caribou on the Ray-Ban was the perfect scenario and they shat it.

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Jamie isn't supposed to play Mordor anyway, it's a bloody DJ set (pretty sure he replaced Brockhampton). Caribou on the Ray-Ban was the perfect scenario and they shat it.

Yeah you’re not wrong about that - Caribou at Cupra would’ve been incredible so it’s a shame that’s been lost (although Mogwai there will also be brilliant and now relatively clash free, so I suppose I’ll take it given the circumstances). 

1 hour ago, Float said:

Caribou bumped up to Main stage to replace Strokes

Mogwai doing a second set in Caribou old slot on Rayban

I don't care for the Strokes but this is an absolutely horrible change, Caribou at the Cupra stage would have been perfect, now they just created another clash for me and I won't be seeing Caribou either... I get that it's difficult to organise the timetable but Friday was the day with the most acts that I wanted to see and they messed up the schedule so much that now I won't be able see half of them.. 

• Like 1