Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

record shop tip anyone??

Revolver Records in Carrer Tallers, very close to Les Rambles, they got 2 shops side by side. Around that area there are a couple more. Also Ultra Local Records in Llacuna (Poblenou) and Disco 100 in Gràcia. Some of my favorites, highly recommend Revolver, a lot of variety in genres and decent prices. 

34 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

On a positive, free bookings for the first Sunday at Picasso Museum are now open and there's still a good number of time slots open!

Good shout - nice and close to most of the evening gigs as well.

17 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Just noticed that Tyler is doing 75 minutes on weekend 1 now apparently, this is new isn't it? 

Great news if true, now I can see the last 20 minutes of his set after Beach House.

Yeo first I’ve noticed of this! Doesn’t help my Tyler/Beach House/Disclosure quandary too much… but good news nonetheless.

Didn't even attempt Kokoko in the end after all the back and forth to the airport (I picked up the wrong case) but it sounds like there would have been no chance of getting in anyway. So no music for us yet. Last night was very stressful so we ended up just finding a quiet bar for a couple of drinks. Looking forward to starting the holiday proper today!

On 5/31/2022 at 2:52 PM, Gnarler said:

Right round the corner from the Palau is a beautiful place called Antic Teatre. It's down a little alley and up some small stairs. Inside there's a beautiful courtyard full of tables. Great place and great vibe. Highly recommend. 

Also Placa Reial isn't far from you. It gets a bad rap for being a touristy spot but it's beautiful and there's some great bars/venues there. I recommend Ocaña. They have drag queens hosting the door and they're perfectly grumpy and fabulous. 

If you want to explore the Born neighbourhood you're already in, head down to Passeig Del Born and there's heaps of nice bars you can enjoy. There's a place near there called Bormuth that is great for drink(especially vermouth) and tapas. 

Got heaps more recommendations if you need em but this will get you started.

Spent a couple of hours in antic teatre once arrived yesterday. Great recommendation. Lovely little sun trap and secluded patio garden which is 2 mins from our apartment. Thanks again , would never have found it ourselves , can see this becoming our ‘home’ bar for a early afternoon beer 

• Thanks 1

Had a notification from the Prima app about getting free drinks credits on access ticket if you had tickets since 2020… we have and can’t see any kinda option in the access ticket app itself, anyone been able to see or redeem and drink credits yet

19 hours ago, Johndenis said:

@Ohad "The Cut" has told me to turn up with my ID and pay 10 Euros for entry.  If I end up in the vicinity of it, I will pop in.  It's near the modern art museum and also garage beer co, both of which I want to visit.  I don't really know how the shop works though - if I can buy pre-rolled reefers (or cakes?) and then take them away for later?  The Thursday line up is a bit  retro/weak imo so something to liven up tame impala could be good.

Haha my thoughts exactly

I didn't pay attention for pre rolled, but I walked out with like 10g and no one seemed to care (or think I'm gonna consume 10g on the spot)

Just smuggle some in, roll inside, life will be simple

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Didn't even attempt Kokoko in the end after all the back and forth to the airport (I picked up the wrong case) but it sounds like there would have been no chance of getting in anyway. So no music for us yet. Last night was very stressful so we ended up just finding a quiet bar for a couple of drinks. Looking forward to starting the holiday proper today!

Dude we chatted to in Poble (who looked like Keith Flint) said he was there all day just to be able to get into Upload, don't think you had a chance if you weren't already there for the bands. 

Hope you have a great rest of the fest, sorry day one was a bit rough 

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Dude we chatted to in Poble (who looked like Keith Flint) said he was there all day just to be able to get into Upload, don't think you had a chance if you weren't already there for the bands. 

Hope you have a great rest of the fest, sorry day one was a bit rough 

Thanks! Entirely my fault so can't really complain! Just delighted to have my stuff back. Bar we ended up in was surprisingly nice and very chilled, which was what we needed.

Bit worried about the Ciutat queues in general now!