Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

27 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

We didn't get MA replacement, But hey, We got ourselves some NFT...

having a great time learning the spanish for "this is pathetic", "get the fuck out of here" etc in the qts/replies to this

no bleachers to sit on... but you get a free gif!!!

11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So Nick Cave now plays 2 hours instead of 1,5 hours. 

That’s going to be a massive set for the books.

Now means Shame clash with Tyler. Shame only doing 45 mins. I'm sure that's been reduced. What's the point? 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

About £6.60 / pint when you rack it up, if my maths checks out. Not quite UK arena prices but still not great. Won't be drinking much at all beyond the tequila I smuggle in. 

I'm assuming it's for 330ml , although would be good if 500ml. 

5 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

having a great time learning the spanish for "this is pathetic", "get the fuck out of here" etc in the qts/replies to this

no bleachers to sit on... but you get a free gif!!!

I have no idea how they thought they were going to spin "no books because we're green" and then have one of their partners mint something like 200k NFTs. They look ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

People calling out/mocking NFTs is one of the only things that give me genuine hope for the future

If anyone doesn't want their NFT would you mind DM'n me the promo code. Just think NFTs are a bit of fun. Thanks a lot

Screenshot_20220530-194144.thumb.png.f1b49919a18110262b2fc3ee4c78f743.png

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

2 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

People calling out/mocking NFTs is one of the only things that give me genuine hope for the future

Seems to be approximately 100% of replies calling them out on their bullshit, it's nice to see. 

Something tells me the Binance stage will not be the Binance stage next year when absolutely nobody pays for their fucking beers with crypto. 

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I have no idea how they thought they were going to spin "no books because we're green" and then have one of their partners mint something like 200k NFTs. They look ridiculous. 

Depending on the Blockchain. i.e. Eth/bitcoin/polygon etc. some NFTs are carbon neutral. Obviously some are costly like Bitcoin and Eth.

48 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Drink prices are up on Access Ticket app. Dunno if this is the full range. Also has soft drinks for €3 and water for €2.

Screenshot_20220530-190138_AccessTicket.thumb.jpg.d87c2b6cd84eb48467962d285c77380d.jpg

How do you reach that part on the Access app? All I can see is my ticket, and nothing further. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Matt1976 said:

How do you reach that part on the Access app? All I can see is my ticket, and nothing further. Thanks 

Try updating the app - it just appears on the homepage for me, under my ticket. There's a shopping/marketplace option. 

I don't remember seeing it before today. 

11 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Depending on the Blockchain. i.e. Eth/bitcoin/polygon etc. some NFTs are carbon neutral. Obviously some are costly like Bitcoin and Eth.

Here's the thing, "renewable" energy still costs money and resources, it just doesn't rely on a very finite fuel we know is going to run out in a few decades. Solar panels, wind turbines etc. use a whole bunch of raw materials to make even though they then become sustainable, much in the way that we know there simply isn't enough lithium on the planet to make every car electric. 

NFTs are a solution without a problem. They don't do anything that couldn't already be done and I'm sure festival goes would have preferred a nice book - paper being an incredibly sustainable industry - to a receipt of a .PNG of a flower that 99% of them will never engage with. Even crypto is only good for buying drugs online and a fake stock market to bankrupt suckers, absolutely nobody needs to pay for beer with crypto.

tl;dr the idea that we should waste energy on crap like NFTs just because it can be sustainable is ridiculous 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Try updating the app - it just appears on the homepage for me, under my ticket. There's a shopping/marketplace option. 

I don't remember seeing it before today. 

This is all I see when selecting my ticket. Then the option for the NFT and the fast track thingy. Nothing about bars etc

7D403227-0935-4466-95C1-B5611F8E98B8.jpeg

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Here's the thing, "renewable" energy still costs money and resources, it just doesn't rely on a very finite fuel we know is going to run out in a few decades. Solar panels, wind turbines etc. use a whole bunch of raw materials to make even though they then become sustainable, much in the way that we know there simply isn't enough lithium on the planet to make every car electric. 

NFTs are a solution without a problem. They don't do anything that couldn't already be done and I'm sure festival goes would have preferred a nice book - paper being an incredibly sustainable industry - to a receipt of a .PNG of a flower that 99% of them will never engage with. Even crypto is only good for buying drugs online and a fake stock market to bankrupt suckers, absolutely nobody needs to pay for beer with crypto.

tl;dr the idea that we should waste energy on crap like NFTs just because it can be sustainable is ridiculous 

Hey dude i'm not going to lecture you the plus uses of blockchain technology. But there are real life uses and the fact that it's recorded in a blockchain ledger allows these transactions to be audited by everyone (not just banks and authorities) very easy and hard if not impossible to corrupt. Like everything it can have it's silly uses but that the same with most products or applications. 

For every google maps there will be a snapchat cat face filter. One is useful. You know what i mean. I wouldn't just dismiss a technology that i haven't read into. You'll find that you probably actually use blockchain technology by proxy everyday just without your knowledge. 

10 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

What I find funny is that people only remember about energy scarcity when it is about NTFs and crypto. Posting a comment or pic on Instagram (or this thread) also has an energy cost. And obviously, printing a whole book just so you can have a nice souvenir requires energy at orders of magnitude higher than minting a freaking image for an NFT. But hey, most of us around here are travelling from around the globe spending insane amounts of energy just to have some fun over the weekend. So please enough with the hypocrisy.

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

4 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Hey dude i'm not going to lecture you the plus uses of blockchain technology. But there are real life uses and the fact that it's recorded in a blockchain ledger allows these transactions to be audited by everyone (not just banks and authorities) very easy and hard if not impossible to corrupt. Like everything it can have it's silly uses but that the same with most products or applications. 

For every google maps there will be a snapchat cat face filter. One is useful. You know what i mean. I wouldn't just dismiss a technology that i haven't read into. You'll find that you probably actually use blockchain technology by proxy everyday just without your knowledge. 

Any and all current worthwhile uses - which are few and far between, it's mostly buying drugs and bankrupting idiots - are vastly outweighed by completely worthless ones. Most of the time when people try and convince me blockchain tech is the future it's because there "might" be some better uses for it but I've yet to be told or shown any we can't already do. It's just trendy and people like to be part of things.

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

What I find funny is that people only remember about energy scarcity when it is about NTFs and crypto. Posting a comment or pic on Instagram also has an energy cost. And obviously, printing a whole book just so you can have a nice souvenir requires energy at orders of magnitude higher than minting a freaking image for an NFT. But hey, most of us around here are travelling from around the globe spending insane amounts of energy just to have some fun over the weekend. So please enough with the hypocrisy.

Still totally missing the point. I have no alternative method to get from the UK to Spain without a plane or incredibly long car/ferry journey and it's been like that for a very long time. I can't grow wings. We can't have this live communication right now without some sort of public forum/social media. The Primavera NFTs do not solve a problem. It's just a fad forced on people that quite clearly overwhelmingly, if you check the feedback, do not want it. People will forget about their receipt for a .PNG of a flower very quickly.

Anyway, I'm out for the night, if people really want to die on hills for this stuff then that's their prerogative. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Any and all current worthwhile uses - which are few and far between, it's mostly buying drugs and bankrupting idiots - are vastly outweighed by completely worthless ones. Most of the time when people try and convince me blockchain tech is the future it's because there "might" be some better uses for it but I've yet to be told or shown any we can't already do. It's just trendy and people like to be part of things.

Still totally missing the point. I have no alternative method to get from the UK to Spain without a plane or incredibly long car/ferry journey and it's been like that for a very long time. I can't grow wings. We can't have this live communication right now without some sort of public forum/social media. The Primavera NFTs do not solve a problem. It's just a fad forced on people that quite clearly overwhelmingly, if you check the feedback, do not want it. People will forget about their receipt for a .PNG of a flower very quickly.

Anyway, I'm out for the night, if people really want to die on hills for this stuff then that's their prerogative. 

I don't know dude by your logic we should be cancelling Fiat (Cash) and the stock exchange as well if we want to mitigate drug purchasing and people becoming bankrupt from a bad investment which is way more used than people who understand how to use crypto. 

You're reminiscent of those people who said social media wasn't a worthwhile venture. Yet here we are, better or worse here we are. 

• Downvote 2