Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Not sure I can make both weekends but would be very jealous if weekend 2 had Portishead and I wasn't there. Glad I managed to see them a few years ago. 

Yeah I last saw them at Latitude. I would say if they were there I'd want some new material. And joking aside I don't think they're going to tour anytime soon. 

We knew this anyway but I see they’ve replied to someone on facebook confirming this will be very similar to the 2021 lineup. 

Really excited for tomorrow’s announcement, as much as I’m still a bit unsure on the two weekend thing if anyone can pull it off it’s Primavera. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scattered_screens said:

Sorry! Just me joking on the fact they are predicted every year!

Ha! My comment was equally flippant.

I do think there's a chance all the same. It's a fit after all and their next record is due (as was the case with Massive Attack who've ended up releasing new material). 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Any uncertainty I initially had is well and truly gone now and I’m all in for two weekends! Really hope they can deliver on both lineups and it’s not a case of them clearly being diluted from their usual standard to accommodate the extra weekend.

The first weekend is going to be near identical to this year’s poster i.e. high quality.

If they dilute the second weekend, they won’t anywhere near enough tickets.

Ipso facto we are getting two great posters!

1 minute ago, scattered_screens said:

Wonder if they'll double book the national for both and have one do those High Violet shows. The ship has probs sailed on that though. 

So much time has passed they can pretty much do a special anniversary show for their new album...

• Upvote 1

NIN - NICK CAVE - FRANK OCEAN
MBV - PORTISHEAD - LORDE
PAVEMENT - ROSALIA - THE SMILE
Devo - Phoebe Bridges - Saint Vincent
Mogwai - My morning Jacket - Leon Bridges
Jorge Ben Jor - Run the Jewels - Death Grips

Someone's had a guess at Weekend 2.

Doubt very much it will be this indie. Imagine there'll be a lot of trap, rap and pop at the top of the lineup.

I would love to attend both weekends but I'm personally not getting my hopes up on the second weekend's lineup being to my taste. 
The cynic in me thinks that weekend 1 is already so strong and already sold out, that they'll receive next to no refund requests. Therefore the demand for weekend 2 will be crazy amongst the ticketless regardless of the lineup. 
I hope I'm wrong though! I'd certainly stay the extra week for NIN, Lorde, The Smile and Portishead 🙂 

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The first weekend is going to be near identical to this year’s poster i.e. high quality.

If they dilute the second weekend, they won’t anywhere near enough tickets.

Ipso facto we are getting two great posters!

I'm sure we'll get two great posters, but I'm also sure that adding the second one will make the first weekend a bit weaker

for example, let's say Tame Impala are dropped from the lineup (fingers crossed) - they can be replaced by St. Vincent, or, in a two weekends format, St. Vincent can do the second weekend, and we'll get some weaker replacement for the first one. 

so yes, I'm sure both weekends will be great, but still somewhat less by the split.

and other downside - if, god forbid, St Vincent or The Smile play the weekend I'm not on- the chances of them coming next year are much lower, so it's not only the FOMO, it's also shrinks the pool for next year

Just now, scattered_screens said:

Tbh, I haven't seen that press shot before? Is it old? 

Yes it's from years ago. I would be very surprised if he was there if only because I doubt his team would want Primavera announced without any others in the diary.

I do think we'll be seeing a new poster more like the 2019 one where 'sub' acts are promoted more as headline level and it feels less top heavy: think St Vincent, Phoebe Bridgers, Lorde, etc.