Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

Just now, Rhak said:

Well a lot of people I know who are going were gutted. 
Some of them would probably add massive attack to that list. You can say what you want but in comparison to weekend 2 (which had more extra acts added as well recently) weekend 1 does get more of the blows. Especially as there’s still a chance that both strokes and gizzy could still show up for weekend 2

I also wanted to see Massive Attack but these things happen and it hasn't ruined my festival. As I say I'm sorry for you that the bands you want to see might cancel (not all confirmed yet), I just don't think you can speak for all of us that's all. I hope for your sake King Gizz and Strokes still play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I love that they still closed with the triple threat of Terrible Love, Mr November and Vanderlyle! ❤️

What a closer. I'm really looking forward to it now, hasn't felt like I'm even going away yet been a long time coming!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Well a lot of people I know who are going were gutted. 
Some of them would probably add massive attack to that list. You can say what you want but in comparison to weekend 2 (which had more extra acts added as well recently) weekend 1 does get more of the blows. Especially as there’s still a chance that both strokes and gizzy could still show up for weekend 2

Hey, there’s also a chance strokes and gizz could still show up for weekend 1.

Scroll back some pages and there were several people ruling Nick Cave out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xxialac said:

Hey, there’s also a chance strokes and gizz could still show up for weekend 1.

Scroll back some pages and there were several people ruling Nick Cave out.

Yeah exactly. Nick Cave is my absolute number one and I would have been gutted but I would still have had a great time at the festival either way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Rhak said:

If through any change in the program I would be able to see both pavement and 100gecs I’d be very happy.

Since I’m putting out the Wishlist: the whole pavement/black lips/100gecs clash gone would be a serious antidote for no gizzy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fucking fuck. Please please please let Gizz at least be okay for Sunday onwards. 

On a serious note, IF Strokes and Gizz are both unavailable on that Friday then Primavera have a real issue, because that's tens of thousands of people across the main stages and binance who now don't necessarily have anywhere to go. Bumping Jamie with no guitar band alternative probably isn't enough, yes there's Bikini Kill but they're far more niche than even Gizz. That seems like a logistical, maybe dangerous, nightmare if they have far more people in the other areas of the festival than anticipated.

tl;dr strokes+gizz need a real replacement Friday if they can't make it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Hey, there’s also a chance strokes and gizz could still show up for weekend 1.

Scroll back some pages and there were several people ruling Nick Cave out.

 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think the point here really is the lineup is entirely subjective and while some people are devastated others aren't really touched by the changes so we can all only speak for ourselves...

Yes. I really agree and I do realise that but like someone said: it’s the anticipation and me personally having seen like 3 shows since 2020: I picked up cycling which is time intensive with a family + I truly considered primavera as like the ultimate present for waiting it all out. Anyways. It’ll be fun in any way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Fucking fuck. Please please please let Gizz at least be okay for Sunday onwards. 

On a serious note, IF Strokes and Gizz are both unavailable on that Friday then Primavera have a real issue, because that's tens of thousands of people across the main stages and binance who now don't necessarily have anywhere to go. Bumping Jamie with no guitar band alternative probably isn't enough, yes there's Bikini Kill but they're far more niche than even Gizz. That seems like a logistical, maybe dangerous, nightmare if they have far more people in the other areas of the festival than anticipated.

tl;dr strokes+gizz need a real replacement Friday if they can't make it

This is actually a good point re crowd management. They might need to do a bit of timetable adjustment.

But neither band have cancelled yet so I guess we just need to wait and see.

Covid is such a fucker. I guess from my point of view I only bought the tickets in 2021 and by that point I had very low expectations for anything in terms of cancellations, stuff going ahead etc. So I've always seen it through the lens of "wow it will be amazing if I actually get there!". And now I can't quite believe I am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Well a lot of people I know who are going were gutted. 
Some of them would probably add massive attack to that list. You can say what you want but in comparison to weekend 2 (which had more extra acts added as well recently) weekend 1 does get more of the blows. Especially as there’s still a chance that both strokes and gizzy could still show up for weekend 2

Well... Normal that Weekend2 will have it's covid-dropouts as well. Which we can't know by now. Especially since a lot of the acts are ar Primavera weekend 1. Doing some festival is a huge risk for getting covid I suppose. I think we might be even lucky, that primavera is so early. I think it might be even worse in july and/or august. Want bands are touring for a couple of weeks doing loads of festivals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Still can’t get into Pavement, having tried them a whole year.
 

Really want to get excited about them but no single song of them really ‘clicked!’ (and stuff like Cut Your Hair is downright horrible). 

I wanted to report this for heresy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think the point here really is the lineup is entirely subjective and while some people are devastated others aren't really touched by the changes so we can all only speak for ourselves...

Nice bit of perspective/common sense here. You must have misread the vibe around here 😜

The Strokes going would be a big blow for me. So I'm gonna sit and wait for an actual update rather than speculating - for all we know, it could have been a case from ten days ago that simply didn't clear up in time for the two cancelled shows. 

Either way, even if I'll have a Strokes shaped hole in my Friday (Phoenix, please), I'm still getting very excited now. Time to start checking the weather forecast... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhak said:

Right now, weekend 1 people are royally fucked. 

We are? I can see shitloads of great bands there, and loads of other bands that I don't know and I'm looking forward to.

First Primavera I went to (2014) was partly on the basis of headliners like Pixies and Nine Inch Nails, who I love. Didn't see them, watched other great stuff instead, had a ball. Your milage may vary, but Primavera is filled with too many riches to focus just on the headliners, or let them define your festival.

Said this last week and I'll say it again: don't plan too much, don't micro-manage, take things as they come. The timetable we got last week isn't the timetable right now and won't be the timetable on Thursday. Accept the clashes, accept the cancellations, and let yourself be surprised, since the surprises are usually the best bit.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Well... Normal that Weekend2 will have it's covid-dropouts as well. Which we can't know by now. Especially since a lot of the acts are ar Primavera weekend 1. Doing some festival is a huge risk for getting covid I suppose. I think we might be even lucky, that primavera is so early. I think it might be even worse in july and/or august. Want bands are touring for a couple of weeks doing loads of festivals.

That’s a possibility indeed. It’s horrible for bands as well: as long as you’re in Europe/uk and no one gets actually sick it’s ok but if people get real sick and then the next and next it might mean a huge chunk of the tour gone. After 2 years of misery that’s a disaster for smaller scale bands but even for midsize bands and especially the people that work for them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Nice bit of perspective/common sense here. You must have misread the vibe around here 😜

The Strokes going would be a big blow for me. So I'm gonna sit and wait for an actual update rather than speculating - for all we know, it could have been a case from ten days ago that simply didn't clear up in time for the two cancelled shows. 

Either way, even if I'll have a Strokes shaped hole in my Friday (Phoenix, please), I'm still getting very excited now. Time to start checking the weather forecast... 

 

3 minutes ago, daveje said:

We are? I can see shitloads of great bands there, and loads of other bands that I don't know and I'm looking forward to.

First Primavera I went to (2014) was partly on the basis of headliners like Pixies and Nine Inch Nails, who I love. Didn't see them, watched other great stuff instead, had a ball. Your milage may vary, but Primavera is filled with too many riches to focus just on the headliners, or let them define your festival.

Said this last week and I'll say it again: don't plan too much, don't micro-manage, take things as they come. The timetable we got last week isn't the timetable right now and won't be the timetable on Thursday. Accept the clashes, accept the cancellations, and let yourself be surprised, since the surprises are usually the best bit.

I want to upvote both of these!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, daveje said:

We are? I can see shitloads of great bands there, and loads of other bands that I don't know and I'm looking forward to.

First Primavera I went to (2014) was partly on the basis of headliners like Pixies and Nine Inch Nails, who I love. Didn't see them, watched other great stuff instead, had a ball. Your milage may vary, but Primavera is filled with too many riches to focus just on the headliners, or let them define your festival.

Said this last week and I'll say it again: don't plan too much, don't micro-manage, take things as they come. The timetable we got last week isn't the timetable right now and won't be the timetable on Thursday. Accept the clashes, accept the cancellations, and let yourself be surprised, since the surprises are usually the best bit.

I’ve been 4 times. Never seen much of the headliners and yes I should’ve said it otherwise but for me gizzy/turnstile/girl in red are bands I listened to a whole lot over the last year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see Los Planetas did a gig at Razzmatazz this Friday. I guess they are 99% certain to be one of the replacements stepping in. In the old days when a majority of the crowd was Spanish they would have been a big enough replacement for someone like King Gizzard. Now maybe more likely for an early Mordor slot like replacing Girl in Red. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Few other thoughts now that I've done being snarky...

- that National setlist would be perfect. Well, almost. No Apartment Story. But the rest... Its been a long time since I've seen them so I'm looking forward to that now. 

- this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but can we just agree to bin off the "just see BAND X the next time they play". A lot of these acts don't play in my country, or at least not regularly - and I'm in the EU, it's gonna be even trickier for people coming from elsewhere. It's not always easy to get tickets, and these things can be pricy. So while I'm all in favour of the optimistic view that we are gonna have a ball regardless, let someone be disappointed if their band has cancelled. You don't know their circumstances. 

- checked the weather and its looking sweet AF. I can't wait. Its really happening. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

- this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but can we just agree to bin off the "just see BAND X the next time they play". A lot of these acts don't play in my country, or at least not regularly - and I'm in the EU, it's gonna be even trickier for people coming from elsewhere. It's not always easy to get tickets, and these things can be pricy. So while I'm all in favour of the optimistic view that we are gonna have a ball regardless, let someone be disappointed if their band has cancelled. You don't know their circumstances. 

Agree, this is getting really tired now and so is "just see another act" - doesn't work for everyone and money means a lot more to some than others. For some this is going to be a really significant spend and while clashes and cancellations are inevitable, each one is going to lower the value more and more. I was okay with getting a timetable that meant I couldn't see half the acts I liked but losing both Strokes and Gizz (it really isn't just about headliners) on Friday would be an enormous blow for us.

I am still incredibly excited to go but between our full price tickets, flights, spends and having to shell out tons for accommodation because we got screwed over, it's really hit the wallet harder and harder than it might have hit others. Perspective is needed. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...