Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

They should have (if they haven't already) had some back up acts ready in the wings really given how this is becoming quite common.

Yeah that should’ve always been the plan. Say what you want about American festivals, but they’ve been absolutely on the ball with replacements for all the dropouts over the last year, so much so that the replacement announcement usually comes along with the news of the initial dropout.

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

They're playing loads of sets, hopefully if they do have to cancel it's only the Friday, keep your chins up guys ❤️

I want to believe that they will still be able to play one of the week shows...but Covid usually is like: I get it one day, two or three days later my wife...and so on. In a band, may be somerhing similar. 

And these  kind of drop outs are the ones that are nobodies fault. Think I will stop reading this forum until the festival. I think I will prefer to know that this or that has cancelled just a few minutes before the scheduled time. At least I will not be thinking "who else is going to cancel?".

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that should’ve always been the plan. Say what you want about American festivals, but they’ve been absolutely on the ball with replacements for all the dropouts over the last year, so much so that the replacement announcement usually comes along with the news of the initial dropout.

Different timing. By now, everyone is on tour

4 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

I want to believe that they will still be able to play one of the week shows...but Covid usually is like: I get it one day, two or three days later my wife...and so on. In a band, may be somerhing similar. 

And these  kind of drop outs are the ones that are nobodies fault. Think I will stop reading this forum until the festival. I think I will prefer to know that this or that has cancelled just a few minutes before the scheduled time. At least I will not be thinking "who else is going to cancel?".

I had it earlier this month, didn't confine myself from my husband & he never caught it. I also tested negative within a week (likely due to taking antivirals) & have read of cases of people testing negative after four days. So there's some hope they they will still play at least some of the scheduled shows. I'm feeling too devastated to even try to feel hopeful right now though.

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

They're almost definitely out of W1 then. No way they're able to fly internationally in 2-3 days if this is a new case. So depressing.

yeah they played 2 nights ago. I'm sorry everyone, my nightmare scenario of Mr Burn's Baseball Team is somehow coming true. 

• Upvote 1

You know what, I feel like Primavera is kind of suffering from US festivals needing covid tests to play. I really don't think that will be the case in Spain BUT I think a lot of asymptomatic positive cases will be picked up like that and that really has a knock on effect for a festival in another continent in a week. 

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

(cope but yeah)

yeah, it's more just they NOW know they have a positive case because they need it to play a US festival today, which means they technically shouldn't get on a flight in a few days to Spain, even though they wouldn't have known if they hadn't had to do the test for the US festival.

Honestly, I don't think America, in particular, has been proactive with their rules in the age of omicron. The fact Americans still need to show a negative test to enter back into the US is absolutely bizarre 

Just now, KGeedora said:

yeah, it's more just they NOW know they have a positive case because they need it to play a US festival today, which means they technically shouldn't get on a flight in a few days to Spain, even though they wouldn't have known if they hadn't had to do the test for the US festival.

So annoying. But I think they are actually allowed on a flight, though it's probably not advised by the Aus gov or whatever but if it's like the UK then it's legal to travel so long as you've got a vaccination certificate. 

6 minutes ago, DDave said:

The only 2 bands playing Boston Calling and week 1 PS and they've both had a covid case. Ffs

So in case they are both negative the festival could actually send a private jet for both bands, right? They both play Friday (and actually the same time)

Just seen The Strokes news. Would be gutted if they pulled out. Not a mega-fan or anything, but they were one of the bands that shifted me from nu-metal back to indie as a teen, and still haven't managed to catch them yet. Was hoping this was finally the time.

At this point, I guess we ain't getting a NIN or Arcade Fire replacement, so will just hope this somehow ends up with me being able to see The National as well as Warpaint.

Edited by Lubic87
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National setlist tonight, 3 new songs:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2022/baluarte-pamplona-spain-33b4b0a9.html

Would be very happy with that on Friday.

About as much of a ‘greatest hits’ set as you could reasonably expect from them these days. Would be very happy if we got anything like that. Stoked. 

• Upvote 2