Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the object on the banned list between the umbrella and the scooter? Looks like a wizard’s staff. Can I not bring my wizard’s staff?!

K-pop lightstick apparently, popular for Dreamcatcher fans

30 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Wait what. I live in Belgium, last time they played here is 2001. They were due to finally return in 2020 at Rock Werchter so I immediately got tickets, but they're absent from this year's lineup. 

You have to visit another country if you want to see them as a Belgian. Which is what I decided to do when buying those Primavera tickets. And why I'm anticipating their show next Friday unlike any other show. 

Still easier than coming from Asia, Africa, Middle East, etc.

As mentioned earlier, they are also due to play Best Kept Secret this year and I imagine it's not as complicated to go there as Indonesia to Barcelona, like some people around here do.

9 minutes ago, puckno said:

If I bring a 'clear reusable bottle' is the drinking water widely available on the grounds, safe to drink and good on taste?

Have they said you can bring a clear reusable bottle? Doesn’t seem to be any guide on it in those pictures - just that a non-clear one is banned 

27 minutes ago, Orens said:

Still easier than coming from Asia, Africa, Middle East, etc.

As mentioned earlier, they are also due to play Best Kept Secret this year and I imagine it's not as complicated to go there as Indonesia to Barcelona, like some people around here do.

You got me mate.. I’m from Indonesia, and any act missing from the lineup is a big loss for my wife and I. The chance to watch most of the artist in the festival is probably once in a lifetime experience for us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Let's hope they'll end up playing, but in case they don't make it W1, have you considered day tickets for Best Kept Secret? Pretty close to Belgium...

(Doing both, fingers crossed)

I was planning to do both WK1 and WK2 (still have tickets for both) but due to unforeseen circumstances (very bad family stuff), I won't be able to attend WK2 anymore. And BKS, which is in that weekend. 

So Strokes at WK1 is my only chance to see them this year. 

On 5/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, FloorFiller said:

They play something from every album. What were you hoping for? 

Westing, weird choice I know

JAMC- Honey's Dead

Beach House- Thank Your Lucky Stars

Looks like I'm gonna miss JAMC cuz of The Strokes, looks like they will only play the 2nd weekend

EDIT: it's rumour that Nick is positive, which means that maybe the rest of them end positive as well 😞

Edited by Festcrazy

22 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

EDIT: it's rumour that Nick is positive, which means that maybe the rest of them end positive as well 

😞

Where’ve your seen this? If he’s decided to tour after his family tragedy and now COVID takes him down… fuck sake.

edit: oh wait, Nick from The Strokes and not Cave, right?!

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

There's definitely still hope for The Strokes. When acts have come down with Covid, I've found they have instantly confirmed which dates will be affected. In not cancelling Primavera yet that suggests that they think it's still technically possible to play.

Fingers crossed.

20 minutes ago, branvan said:

If anybody cancels, please bring WARPAINT to the Mordor stages. It's hard to miss them. But it would even be harder to miss The National. They both are Primavera Family. Strange decision to let them clash. 

Also one of the more weirder clashes (Caribou v Jamie, Slowdive v Big Thief etc.) of the fest tbh.

People were mentioning LCD Soundsystem or Arcade Fire as possible replacements, but I really can't see that happening. LCD's first gigs of the year are a run in London at the end of June, doubt they'll haul everyone/thing over to Spain several weeks before that for a once off.

Arcade Fire aren't touring again until the end of the summer, so highly unlikely to come to PS for a gig.

I'd say someone from W2 playing is far more likely. Phoenix, Interpol, YYYs etc.

Or someone like Foals, who are starting their festival dates in Poland on the Saturday, so should be able to play in Spain on Friday, assuming some agreement could be reached with Mad Cool if there's radius clauses...

More likely though, no-one. Several cancellations already with no replacements, including several of the larger Cituat gigs that just disappeared (and only acknowledged by PS when peple asked them on twitter etc). Probably just move Jamie XX into the Strokes slot and leave it at that.

Edited by ghostdancer1