Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

30 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Les Savy Fav, Linda Lindas, Kacey Musgraves, Richard Dawson & Circle, Dinosaur Jr. You're missing a good 3hrs of music if you're only turning up in time for Sharon's set.

Some good listening ahead this evening so. 

29 minutes ago, Bram said:

Kim Gordon? Faye Webster? Dinosaur JR?

How the hell did I miss Kim Gordon on the lineup???!! 😂

29 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Absolutely dude, Dinosaur Jr. are on Cupra straight before her, crusty old rockers. One of my personal weekend highlights. Alternatively Kacey on the main stage for some modern country. Or another alternative, The Linda Lindas, 11-17 year old girls making light punk.

Before them, Faye Webster also on Cupra, really soothing dreamy voice. 

Hoping to catch the Linda Lindas on Wednesday ahead of Wet Leg, but if not, they might be a good option. 

3 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I just bought a random ticket on Ouigo for the fast track thing but low and behold it hasnt worked... Have emailed them to see what the craic is but hey ho was a 9 EUR cheeky gamble so no biggy.

Anyone else tried it with more joy than me?

Does it get you anything else apart from fast track entry to the festival site? 

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I. Can't. Wait. 

My first gig is gonna be Sharon van Etten I think. Anyone have anything earlier than her that think is unmissable? I'm open to suggestions. 

I'm doing Faye Webster and Les Savy Fav, but gonna take it real easy before Pavement in order to make it to black midi, otoboke beaver, DJ Shadow and of course Myd. Still can't believe he's got the sunrise live set, gonna be fabulous.

Two guys on a bus |  MYD IS PLAYING THE RAY-BAN AT 5:00; ME; EVERYONE ELSE | image tagged in two guys on a bus | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Like 1

Has anything official been released about the beer prices inside the festival? 

Went to Mad Cool a few years ago & if I remember rightly that was about 9 euro for a large beer (around 750ml give or take). Presume it will be a bit more expensive now with the events / hospitality industry trying to claw back some of the massive shortfall caused by COVID. Am I right in thinking it will be all cashless too? 

11 minutes ago, Orens said:

I'm doing Faye Webster and Les Savy Fav, but gonna take it real easy before Pavement in order to make it to black midi, otoboke beaver, DJ Shadow and of course Myd. Still can't believe he's got the sunrise live set, gonna be fabulous.

Two guys on a bus |  MYD IS PLAYING THE RAY-BAN AT 5:00; ME; EVERYONE ELSE | image tagged in two guys on a bus | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

I am really liking what I've heard from Myd. I hope I can stay awake that late - I usually crash around 3. 

6 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Has anything official been released about the beer prices inside the festival? 

Went to Mad Cool a few years ago & if I remember rightly that was about 9 euro for a large beer (around 750ml give or take). Presume it will be a bit more expensive now with the events / hospitality industry trying to claw back some of the massive shortfall caused by COVID. Am I right in thinking it will be all cashless too? 

I’ve got a bad feeling it will be a significant bump from last time what with high inflation, 3 years passing and need to make it profitable.

I always console myself though with thought that the price in US festivals is about double.

Cash and card accepted.

43 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

Does it get you anything else apart from fast track entry to the festival site? 

Might be worth the 9 euros

"...and an exclusive area for those of you who have come in OUIGO? With games, gifts, raffles and... most importantly: a place where you can recharge your batteries!"

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

There’s still time for them to announce a hidden stage.

Here’s hoping…

Probably a surprise stage if anything, as they would've put it on the map. On the other hand, a week ago they promised to announce the Boiler Room lineup 'in the coming days'.

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I am really liking what I've heard from Myd. I hope I can stay awake that late - I usually crash around 3. 

You're into fun live bands, username checks out 🙂

They're even better live from what I've been gahering, that's why I'm gonna pace myself and stay up even though it's Thursday (especially as the other Thursday is gonna be even more intense)

2 hours ago, Traci said:

Does anyone know how internal connections work in Spain?
If you are flying UK - Palma and then Palma to BCN whether you have to go back through security in Palma? 

You only have to go back through security if you're taking checked luggage and you booked two separate tickets for each journey. Otherwise you just stay in departures 

18 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

The lack of people mentioning Lingua ignota for day 1 is disappointing

I'm up for this having only learned about her the other day! In fact most of my exciting stuff is early evening that day with Kim Gordon and the Linda Lindas too. After that I might see some Dinosaur Jr and then try to make it to DJ Shadow. May necessitate leaving and coming back.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm up for this having only learned about her the other day! In fact most of my exciting stuff is early evening that day with Kim Gordon and the Linda Lindas too. After that I might see some Dinosaur Jr and then try to make it to DJ Shadow. May necessitate leaving and coming back.

Oh and Pavement but only out of curiosity as don't really know them!

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Les Savy Fav, Linda Lindas, Kacey Musgraves, Richard Dawson & Circle, Dinosaur Jr. You're missing a good 3hrs of music if you're only turning up in time for Sharon's set.

True, although the later you turn up in my experience, the later you are then able to stay out!

It's so, so hard doing 12 hours+ on site (unless you're in your 20s (or just hardcore)!

Soho House lineup (only for VIPs and Soho House members):

Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip)  •  Chacha Soundsystem  •  Chloé Caillet  •  Cucut  •  Dom Chung  •  Femi Koleoso (Ezra Collective)  •  Florentino  •  Gilles Peterson  •  Glade Marie  •  ISAbella (Maricxs)  • Jordss  •  Keyrah  •  Loli Zazou  •  Lovefoxy  •  Metronomy (DJ Set)  •  Naguiyami  •  Pascal Moscheni  •  Shygirl

No horarios, not even day splits at this point

Just now, Orens said:

Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip)  •  Chacha Soundsystem  •  Chloé Caillet  •  Cucut  •  Dom Chung  •  Femi Koleoso (Ezra Collective)  •  Florentino  •  Gilles Peterson  •  Glade Marie  •  ISAbella (Maricxs)  • Jordss  •  Keyrah  •  Loli Zazou  •  Lovefoxy  •  Metronomy (DJ Set)  •  Naguiyami  •  Pascal Moscheni  •  Shygirl

I think Soho House is for Primavera Pro people too.

Not sure about how many people you are allowed to take in. 

41 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

The lack of people mentioning Lingua ignota for day 1 is disappointing

She sounds interesting but then you've someone else recommending Myd (who also sounds great) at 5am...something has to give 🙂

On that point - how busy do we expect the site to be at 5am? Presume a huge chunk will have filtered home by then?

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

Nice! Hopefully I'll have some free time to see Alexis Taylor.