Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I can see them going for Bieber for weekend two. Slightly depressing writing this...

Hope not...if they abandoned the idea of a September Primavera because the artists would not fit the Primavera 'vibe' why start with Bieber now. August festivals sold out in minutes. If these tickets go on sale don't think they need more commercial names to sell them.

16 minutes ago, stefmartin said:

Anyone got any guesses for primavera weekender? or a date when we think that will be announced? I imagine it will get lost in the big announcements next week so maybe we will be waiting a while for that one 

I think gabi said “in a few weeks” on the radio show last week...

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

I can see them going for Bieber for weekend two. Slightly depressing writing this...

You don’t have to worry. He’s in Toronto 6/8, DC 6/10, and NYC 6/12. They’re not gonna fly his setup to Barcelona and back for one night.

is there anything to indicate Gabi even wants to book him?

Edited by dilgreene13

2 hours ago, dilgreene13 said:

You don’t have to worry. He’s in Toronto 6/8, DC 6/10, and NYC 6/12. They’re not gonna fly his setup to Barcelona and back for one night.

is there anything to indicate Gabi even wants to book him?

Phew.

Just my paranoia then...

On 5/21/2021 at 6:02 PM, xxialac said:

Almost 50% of attendees are Spanish and few accommodation issues.

And I think quite a lot of overseas people will have saved money from a year spent indoors and then feel they can splurge more than normal.

Adding to this, my company has gotten very chill about remote work this year (for obvious reasons). 

So if you’re lucky enough to be able to take your work with you, you can do both weekends and potentially work Monday - Wednesday in between from some Airbnb.

I think their wording on the "upgrade" of WE1 is too strong to drop any headliners. If for example The Strokes would be dropped for NIN, some might consider it an upgrade, some would deem it the exakt opposite. I'll guess it stays about the same in the upper regions but gets some additions in the undercard. 

Kings of Convenience f.e. still look very likely for WE 1. 

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Adding to this, my company has gotten very chill about remote work this year (for obvious reasons). 

So if you’re lucky enough to be able to take your work with you, you can do both weekends and potentially work Monday - Wednesday in between from some Airbnb.

If you're from the UK, that would mean only 2 holiday leave days needed for 10/11 days of music. And I imagine the Monday-Wednesday gigs will be in the evening too after work.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If you're from the UK, that would mean only 2 holiday leave days needed for 10/11 days of music. And I imagine the Monday-Wednesday gigs will be in the evening too after work.

Edit: if you have this kind of job, in fact you could even work the Thursday before the start of the second weekend and only use 1 day's leave allowance for the entire thing!

29 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

depending on where you fly from, and the hotel level you look for, but I'm not sure it wont be cheaper to fly back on Sunday and again on Thursday. Not sure an additional flight will cost more that 4 days in Barcelona (accommodation and food considered)

It's obviously not as fun, but money-wise it might be cheaper

6 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

depending on where you fly from, and the hotel level you look for, but I'm not sure it wont be cheaper to fly back on Sunday and again on Thursday. Not sure an additional flight will cost more that 4 days in Barcelona (accommodation and food considered)

It's obviously not as fun, but money-wise it might be cheaper

Yes, if you live the Barcelona high life for those days.

However it's still cost of two additional flights plus four additional transfers (plus extra stress).

If money was really tight, I'd suggest be better to leave town (Barcelona has excellent train connections) and find a 20-30euro/night (even less if you're sharing) basic place an hour away. You can eat cheaply away from Barcelona.

Or pay a bit more and get a place with a small kitchen area (sometimes get these in bedrooms) meaning you save further on food. And you'd need to eat food back home too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I am not, but Germany also has a holiday on the Monday between both weekends. Would have to take Thursday/Friday off for the first weekend and then again Thursday/Friday the week after.

12 days in Barcelona followed by Glastonbury two weeks later sounds like a proper comeback to me!

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I can imagine the Smile being a surprise show in the city between the two weekends

Will be interesting in general how much information regarding the ciutat gigs we will get on Tuesday. Daily Line-Up?

It's an important part of the Line-Up next year for convincing foreigners to stay for the second weekend.

4 hours ago, Createur said:

Will be interesting in general how much information regarding the ciutat gigs we will get on Tuesday. Daily Line-Up?

It's an important part of the Line-Up next year for convincing foreigners to stay for the second weekend.

I was surprised to read that the day splits will be announced on Tuesday too.  I guess all eyes are on 2022!