Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

This 45 min gap between Nick Cave and Gorillaz, could it be just because they expect them to be the two most popular headliners and that would warrant a longer break for crowd control?

Otherwise 45 mins seems a bit long and maybe further schedule adjustments to be expected..

1 hour ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

This 45 min gap between Nick Cave and Gorillaz, could it be just because they expect them to be the two most popular headliners and that would warrant a longer break for crowd control?

Otherwise 45 mins seems a bit long and maybe further schedule adjustments to be expected..

Could be a production thing with the Gorillaz stage, or perhaps they are trying to get make sure the Cupra isn't flooded during Disclosure. I honestly expect it to change again in the coming days.

10 minutes ago, Orens said:

Could be a production thing with the Gorillaz stage, or perhaps they are trying to get make sure the Cupra isn't flooded during Disclosure. I honestly expect it to change again in the coming days.

Disclosure should be on one of the mains imo

9 minutes ago, DDave said:

Disclosure should be on one of the mains imo

Yup, gonna be absolutely rammed. They were seemingly a ‘headliner’ on the 2020 lineup so kinda weird they’ve now been demoted. Should’ve done what Jamie xx is doing and been last on Mordor. 

28 minutes ago, Orens said:

WE2 only has 15mins prior to Gorillaz.

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yup, gonna be absolutely rammed. They were seemingly a ‘headliner’ on the 2020 lineup so kinda weird they’ve now been demoted. Should’ve done what Jamie xx is doing and been last on Mordor. 

..will be much more of a party at Rayban/Cupra. Hard to create that atmosphere in Mordor stages

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Agreed. Nothing to do with our taxi to the airport picking us up at the airport 3 and a half hours after their set finishes of course. 

14 minutes ago, Etaish said:

..will be much more of a party at Rayban/Cupra. Hard to create that atmosphere in Mordor stages

Oh yeah it’ll be a total party for those that manage to squeeze in, but I anticipate crowds of people pouring over from Mordor only to be left disappointed, or even it just being dangerously overstuffed. Think I’m gonna have to miss Tyler entirely for a chance of getting in. 

42 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

WE2 only has 15mins prior to Gorillaz.

Yep, on the same stage on W1 they got 150 minutes to prepare compared to 105 minutes on W2. Looks like a Disclosure thing, and I honestly don't know what to do with the Tyler clashes at this point. I was planning on doing Gorillaz+Tyler on W1 so I can position myself well for the Bicep+2manydjs combo.

40 minutes ago, Dutchfestivaladdict said:

Unfortunately not going to Primavera this year. But can someone explains how this festival is able to book so many huge names ….I am still shocked by there immense line up. 

Judging by the mood here and in other places in the internet, you'd think it's all a big terrible scam. Some people really can't appreciate what they have.

A week from now, so excited!

• Upvote 1

Time changes are good, lets the crowd move around a bit more since they actually might have time to run to the toilet/bar without missing much music. I would bet with the old 5 minute gaps many would just cling onto their place for 3 headline shows in a row which isn't exactly healthy. 

Downside for me is Tyler runs into Disclosure now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Hopefully they'll just add an extra 30min to the Cave show. Seeing him at TWC as well where he he gets to play 2,5 hours. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry to add to the pile of questions about mid-week stuff.  I hadn't planned to attend any of it as my partner is flying over inbetween weekends so we can chill etc.

However, we do kinda fancy that Shaba Hutchings night at Sala Apolo on the Monday night.

Obviously I need to buy her a ticket.. unsure whether to get one for myself too, is it worth doing? I guess there's a chance I won't get in if we didn't go down together early, and even so we'd queue separately right?

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

Clashfinder people - kudos in advance for making these changes. @Nesser@BenjoDiMeo

I've updated my Clashfinder with all the latest changes found on the official website:

https://clashfinder.com/s/primaverasoundoldstagenames/

Keep in mind this is a somewhat niche clashfinder as I've elected to keep the old stage names in place (Pitchfork, Adidas, Beach Club, etc). Because, you know, Ray-Ban will always be Ray-Ban.

For a modern clashfinder, check the core one:

https://clashfinder.com/s/ps2022/

Note: some stuff still doesn't feel right on the official website, such as King Gizzard only playing for 45mn at the Apolo, followed by a 45-mn gap before Les Savy Fav. Also, Las Ligas Minores is still showing on the official tables, despite the cancellation having been announced on the band's social media. To stay on the safe side, I've let them on, as well as Girl in Red (with a question mark next to it).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

I've updated my Clashfinder with all the latest changes found on the official website:

Keep in mind this is a somewhat niche clashfinder as I've elected to keep the old stage names in place (Pitchfork, Adidas, Beach Club, etc). Because, you know, Ray-Ban will always be Ray-Ban.

Note: some stuff still doesn't feel right on the official website, such as King Gizzard only playing for 45mn at the Apolo, followed by a 45-mn gap before Les Savy Fav. Also, Las Ligas Minores is still showing on the official tables, despite the cancellation having been announced on the band's social media. To stay on the safe side, I've let them on, as well as Girl in Red (with a question mark next to it).

Weird, Primavera also announced they're out:

We regret to inform you that, due to unforeseen circumstances that have affected the planning of their tours, Japanese Breakfast, Oli XL and Las Ligas Menores will not be performing at Primavera Sound Barcelona - Sant Adrià 2022.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/p202x1

This one has the best of both worlds, and was the best one I came across 🙂