Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Those Timetable changes don't make sense at all, why is there a 45 min gap between Nick Cave and Gorillaz now? Really just loosening the Bauhaus clash?

Hmm thought it might’ve been a case of Gorillaz needing a longer setup but the gap is only W1 and not 2 so who knows! I expect there’ll be more changes before the festival. 

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

These timings are so much better so far, looks like they've fixed the Charli v Rina clash too giving 20 mins to get to bits so I'm happy with that!

Better make sure you position yourself near the back and ready to sprint as I anticipate most of the crowd trying the same thing - that Charli crowd is gonna be rammed!

edit: wait, my app still says there’s a 5 min overlap with Dua and Charli?

Edited by FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Those Timetable changes don't make sense at all, why is there a 45 min gap between Nick Cave and Gorillaz now? Really just loosening the Bauhaus clash?

Any other changes besides that and Mdou Moctar/AG Cook?

Damn this pretty much sucks, Slowdive is still clashing with Big Thief and they just created a clash between Charli and Mdou Moctar, basically the 4 artists I wanted to see the most that day, I don't know what to do...

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Better make sure you position yourself near the back and ready to sprint as I anticipate most of the crowd trying the same thing - that Charli crowd is gonna be rammed!

edit: wait, my app still says there’s a 5 min overlap with Dua and Charli?

Yes, unfortunately looks like the Dua/Charli clash is still there 

10 minutes ago, Float said:

Wet Leg and Fontaines DC are full-on clashing now, think it was only an overlap of 15mins beforehand.

Same with Dinosaur Jr. & Kacey Musgraves.

That Wet Leg/Fontaines new full on clash is gutting. Had been ready to watch first half of Wet Leg before seeing whole of Fontaines. 

Would have loved the Gorillaz/Idles clash to have been fixed too, but ah well

2 minutes ago, pipan said:

I can see girl in red and most of Dinosaur jr. now, so that's good.

However, Gorillaz and Beach House are overlapping now, which is not good at all.

That one hurts for me as well + now I won't be able to see as much of Caribou after Jamie 

58 minutes ago, pipan said:

I can see girl in red and most of Dinosaur jr. now, so that's good.

However, Gorillaz and Beach House are overlapping now, which is not good at all.

Fffffuuuu... 

Gorillaz and Beach House was my highlight of the whole fest. That's a real pain. 

I can now see all of The Smile followed by Run the Jewels as there's now a 10 min gap between them. Also no overlap for Beck and Parquet Courts, so may only miss 15 mins of PC while getting to their stage.  Just wish Pavement and Black Lips weren't clashing still. And can we sign a petition to get Mavis outside on Cupra or Binance?

2 hours ago, jannybruck said:

I probably won't be genuinely excited about this until I step foot on site, know I've got everything sorted and there's nothing left in my control to fuck up.

I'm aware it's a great festival and I've had fun in the past, but I'm sure I'm not alone in finding the lead-up to this extremely stressful and, in parts, pretty damn annoying.

This is also my first time away in a couple of years and there's the additional anxiety of just figuring out how to travel and "do" stuff again, because it's been so long – I'm sure I'm not alone in that either. It feels a little intimidating after such a while.

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

I feel the same but I think a big part of it is having not travelled abroad for three years now. I've never been an anxious traveller but the feeling that anything can change without notice doesn't help control freaks like me who like to have everything planned out 😆

Once we get there it'll all fine, everyone deserves this after a shitty couple of years

I can absolutely relate to both these posts. I'm a worrier and even more so if something is unknown or new so I do understand the nerves and anxiety ahead of time! I actually get that way before Glastonbury too despite having been 10 times or so - so many variables to worry about between leaving my house and being in festival mode. 

I feel better about the whole flying thing having been to Spain just this weekend with no dramas beyond a long passport queue. But it's still a new festival and an almost new city for me so I'll be jittery.

1 hour ago, nekkhab said:

Joey Badass suddenly announced the first european festival performance this year at the Orange Warsaw Festival at June 3. Secret guest at Primavera maybe? Not Primavera type, but fingers crossed 

Interesting that this other smaller festival is able to announce someone relatively big this late and primavera can’t add/double any set of even smaller acts in replacement of a headliner loss 

A few (probably a few hundred) pages back, someone posted a link to the Spanish government's official Covid requirements - can anyone update me on the latest or share the link again? 

Am I right in thinking it's just an EU Covid cert for flying, and a mask for public transport? 

I've really put this to the back of my mind so hoping I haven't forgotten anything!