Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

They've said to someone on Twitter "The VIP area capacity has always been limited. We ask you to take a leap of faith with us, we're sure you'll love the new area. It's bigger than it looks"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and get back to being excited.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

They've said to someone on Twitter "The VIP area capacity has always been limited. We ask you to take a leap of faith with us, we're sure you'll love the new area. It's bigger than it looks"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and get back to being excited.

Also said that the front VIP area is indeed elevated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Orens said:

I'd buy a seperate ticket to the 2nd Thursday Bits area (the 19:00-5:30 Dice lineup +Gizz and Charli XCX at the Tous), but don't think I'll bother going there with no bridge. Even at the end of the night we've got Bicep and 2manydjs at Cupra, no reason to go any further

I thought that it was only the midweek venues that had separate tickets being sold for them. Is there something similar happening with the Bits area?

There's a few things on most days in the Bits area I plan on seeing and then a couple of days where there's 4 or 5 things. A lot of these are towards the end of the night and I'll rarely, if ever, need to go from Bits to Mordor between two gigs. Could the separate ticketing thing interfere with this at all?

Also, what's a realistic walking time from Mordor to Bits? I went in 2019 but don't remember how long it took. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, InvalidUsername said:

I thought that it was only the midweek venues that had separate tickets being sold for them. Is there something similar happening with the Bits area?

There's a few things on most days in the Bits area I plan on seeing and then a couple of days where there's 4 or 5 things. A lot of these are towards the end of the night and I'll rarely, if ever, need to go from Bits to Mordor between two gigs. Could the separate ticketing thing interfere with this at all?

Also, what's a realistic walking time from Mordor to Bits? I went in 2019 but don't remember how long it took. Thanks

No, you're getting confused. Just think of Bits as another area of the main festival, it's just a bit of a walk.

Mordor to Bits is 25+ minutes when it's busy, maybe you could do it in 20ish if you were rushing or there weren't any bottlenecks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Also said that the front VIP area is indeed elevated.

If it really is elevated and includes bars and restrooms like they said on twitter I'll be spending a lot of time there weekend 1. Might just stay in there from Kacey through Pavement on Thursday and Fountaines DC through Jamie xx on Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

No, you're getting confused. Just think of Bits as another area of the main festival, it's just a bit of a walk.

Mordor to Bits is 25+ minutes when it's busy, maybe you could do it in 20ish if you were rushing or there weren't any bottlenecks.

I agree 20 minutes from Mordor to Bits seems reasonable. It would probably take less than 15 minutes if the place was empty and might maybe take 25 minutes at the most crowded moments. 

People have waited so long for this festival and getting very excited, so I dont think it is strange that fear takes over a bit. Fear and worry of missing things. That is why people start building this image in their head that it will be impossible to get into any Ciutat events and that it should take 30-40 minutes to walk from Mordor to Bits (a walk of maybe 1000-1200 meters?). I read some expect it will be hard or impossible to get into Lingua Ignota in the Auditori at 4 pm when in reality it will probably be half empty. But again, it is not strange to feel anxious after having waited for 3 years for this fest!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We can still trade tickets via Dice/AT right?

Might try and convince some VIPs to trade for my normals at a discount. People are shitting on the VIP setup a lot but I think when they get there it's gonna be a blessing in disguise. 

edit Actually never mind, I already activated in AT and did the ID upload thing, guessing it's too late now. 

Edited by BenG92
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

I agree 20 minutes from Mordor to Bits seems reasonable. It would probably take less than 15 minutes if the place was empty and might maybe take 25 minutes at the most crowded moments. 

People have waited so long for this festival and getting very excited, so I dont think it is strange that fear takes over a bit. Fear and worry of missing things. That is why people start building this image in their head that it will be impossible to get into any Ciutat events and that it should take 30-40 minutes to walk from Mordor to Bits (a walk of maybe 1000-1200 meters?). I read some expect it will be hard or impossible to get into Lingua Ignota in the Auditori at 4 pm when in reality it will probably be half empty. But again, it is not strange to feel anxious after having waited for 3 years for this fest!

Although I agree that people might be overthinking it, the fact is there is an increased capacity this year and it's a sold out year, so until that first day happens it's really difficult to predict what's going to go on in terms of how the site functions (particularly given the adjusted layout), how crowded bits of the site are going to get, which artists might be more popular than others, what the walks between things might be like. It just feels like there's a few more unknowns this year, so I can understand why people might be anxious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bram said:
6 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

photo posted on foros.primaverasound.com

https://foros.primaverasound.com/topic/3117/primavera-sound-2021/1492

bce9baa4-5bc7-442c-b2f9-a323c29b6540.jpeNot goood

So based on this, the elevated VIP seating is really far away and you're going to be blocked by the soundtower. Also the VIP area near the stage is pretty far as well. Am I wrong here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

So based on this, the elevated VIP seating is really far away and you're going to be blocked by the soundtower. Also the VIP area near the stage is pretty far as well. Am I wrong here?

There will be a massive TV on that sound tower for people watching from further away, same as a lot of other fests. You wouldn't have a real view of the stage without it anyway, you'd just be watching the front TVs and a few lights. IMO that part is a good idea, say what you will about the new forward VIP area

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

So based on this, the elevated VIP seating is really far away and you're going to be blocked by the soundtower. Also the VIP area near the stage is pretty far as well. Am I wrong here?

Primavera ask us to take a leap of faith with them on this VIP thing.  Therefore, I will take that leap and hope this 3 years waiting is worth big time. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really curious to see how the double-main-stage thing looks from a festivalgoers point of view. Is there just going to be a cavernous space of nothing right next to the current artist's production while the next one sets up? I honestly can't picture how it might feel from a viewing perspective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bram said:

Primavera ask us to take a leap of faith with them on this VIP thing.  Therefore, I will take that leap and hope this 3 years waiting is worth big time. 🙂

I admire your optimism, although the photos tell a different story to me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I admire your optimism, although the photos tell a different story to me. 

Yeah, probably I’m tired with all of my doubt and anxiety with this year PS (my first international fest after 3 long frickin years). From no Massive Attack (my go to act)  replacement up to all sudden changes in the VIP setting (Ciutat priority, Mordor VIP area). If the VIP setting turned out to be a big scam, then this will be my last PS and I’ll try to enjoy both W1 and W2 away from the Mordor area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bram said:

Yeah, probably I’m tired with all of my doubt and anxiety with this year PS (my first international fest after 3 long frickin years). From no Massive Attack (my go to act)  replacement up to all sudden changes in the VIP setting (Ciutat priority, Mordor VIP area). If the VIP setting turned out to be a big scam, then this will be my last PS and I’ll try to enjoy both W1 and W2 away from the Mordor area.

What is the sudden change in Ciutat priority? Why is the VIP setting a big scam?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whereabouts do the shuttle buses leave the site from? Will probably be watching acts until around the time shuttle buses stop so just want to know where we need to get to in time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...