Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I really do think those disappointed with VIP will change their tune once they're in their private viewing/bar/toilet area watching everyone else scramble about.

Plus, front row is definitely not necessarily the best place to see a band, take it from a Tool fan. 

I would change my ticket had I known about the changes, and I believe the ticket value went down compared to previous editions in Mordor, Ciutat and also at the Primavera/Crypto stage.

I've been easy on PS for years but their lack of communication is inexcusable, they deserve the bash and we deserve better (both regular and VIP ticket holders).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Plus, front row is definitely not necessarily the best place to see a band, take it from a Tool fan. 

Really depends on who you see.

With certain bands like Tool you want to sit back and soak it all in. Tame Impala in my experience are better seen at the back. However with high energy performances such as IDLES and Slowthai I will want to get to where the dancing/moshing is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Orens said:

Except that the VIP section's angle only got worse.

2019:

image.png.0bebb77bf0eb163fc65a1f61f3b13546.png

 

2022:

image.png.3273bc7e9fd9b9bb03604ac6aab7de7b.png

 

VIP's just not worth it anymore in Primavera, I wish we would've known this a while ago.

Same here. I'd rather have my money back than the paltry VIP benefits we're getting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why stop at money back, lets file a class action against those bastards! But in all seriousness, PS have been able to stir this ship through two and something ridiculously challenging years and came out the other end with a phenomenal 20 years edition with an arguably unparalleled line-up, so not getting priority access to the mosh pit this year, seems to me somehwhat of a minor grievance (having said that, I fully acknowledge that each punter's personal financial circumstances are different and mean no disrespect to anyone who feels shortchanged by the limiting of the VIP benefits this year).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the recent VIP bashing is based on a map. I agree it doesn't look great with comparison to the past but would it not be better to wait for the actual festival or any further communication (which they could've handled better yes, I'd imagine you'd get an extra mail when you're a VIP)? I also agree it feels weird they would've upped the price that much for WE2 and then give less. Then again: there aren't any actual promises made on where your vip area will be etc... 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a bit gutted I didn't get VIP this time around, but looking at how far back that VIP viewing platform/area is in the photo, I'm pleased we didn't bother now. Having it that far back is a piss take.

When it was along the side you could quite close to either stage and still feel a part of it all, or, if you weren't too bothered go more in the middle. Having it at the back like that though will just make the whole experience feel removed.

Edited by Familiar2billions
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Most of the recent VIP bashing is based on a map. I agree it doesn't look great with comparison to the past but would it not be better to wait for the actual festival or any further communication (which they could've handled better yes, I'd imagine you'd get an extra mail when you're a VIP)? I also agree it feels weird they would've upped the price that much for WE2 and then give less. Then again: there aren't any actual promises made on where your vip area will be etc... 

 

An extra email? As a 2019 VIP ticket-holder I actually don't get any mails from them, although I mailed them about it (got no response). I only read the mails you guys are posting 😂

So much for a lack of communication...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Etaish said:

Why stop at money back, lets file a class action against those bastards! But in all seriousness, PS have been able to stir this ship through two and something ridiculously challenging years and came out the other end with a phenomenal 20 years edition with an arguably unparalleled line-up, so not getting priority access to the mosh pit this year, seems to me somehwhat of a minor grievance (having said that, I fully acknowledge that each punter's personal financial circumstances are different and mean no disrespect to anyone who feels shortchanged by the limiting of the VIP benefits this year).

You joke but on reddit there’s a post saying that Primavera has broken the law!!
 

I normally trust them to get these things right but my bigger worry is that they’ve messed up with capacity, given inaccessibility of Bits. 

Feels like a very real risk that people won’t bother going to Bits as too far away this year, which could make the main section uncomfortably crowded this year.

Also wouldn’t surprise me if there are other teething problems in Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 people will end up getting a better experience.

 


 

 

Edited by xxialac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

You joke but on reddit there’s a post saying that Primavera has broken the law!!

That's nuts. I actually know their lawyers. Would be very surprised if there were actual grounds.

...and re Bits, I hope you're wrong but I can see where the concern is coming from 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you'll actually be entry without the accessticket thing?

I sold my ticket a couple of months ago via TicketSwap but that was before the emails about accessticket went out. Their customer service is non existent and I don't seem to have a way of contacting the buyer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Etaish said:

That's nuts. I actually know their lawyers. Would be very surprised if there were actual grounds.

...and re Bits, I hope you're wrong but I can see where the concern is coming from 😞

There aren’t any grounds of course. A lot of the people on reddit act like spoilt teenagers - it’s embarrassing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Looks to be one, wide stage.

Is the VIP area in front of the Sound Tower, raised ?

It looks like a screen-sized structure to me? But it's also placed dead centre in the line of sight of the VIP bit at the back? Really weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It looks like a screen-sized structure to me? But it's also placed dead centre in the line of sight of the VIP bit at the back? Really weird.

Everyone at the back gets an official Primavera Periscope, sponsored by Binance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I normally trust them to get these things right but my bigger worry is that they’ve messed up with capacity, given inaccessibility of Bits. 

Feels like a very real risk that people won’t bother going to Bits as too far away this year, which could make the main section uncomfortably crowded this year.

I think you're probably right about this, particularly given that new photo of the main stage area which has made me a little nervous all of a sudden.

Bits is basically half an hour walk at peak times from Mordor – how many people are realistically going to be arsed going back and forth to this to watch stuff that aren't 'key acts'?

Unless they're somehow making that routing between main site and Bits extremly efficient I think a lot of people might just swerve it completely. Even as someone that's been for years even I've been looking at the scheduling and wondering if any of the acts up there are worth sacrificing a 20+ minute walk to when I could be watching something else in main site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Unless they're somehow making that routing between main site and Bits extremly efficient I think a lot of people might just swerve it completely. Even as someone that's been for years even I've been looking at the scheduling and wondering if any of the acts up there are worth sacrificing a 20+ minute walk to when I could be watching something else in main site.

unless you're only using it for the "end of the night" bit when you know there's nothing leftto watch in the main area stages

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...