Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

just on the general convo of safety and pick pocketing. avoid the La Mina area , which is not too far from primavera when walking home. one of the roughest areas according to my local catalan friends and told me to get a taxi / tram and never walk through the area at night, even in groups. 

Luckily trams run 24h through the fest so no reason to but if you are staying in the area , better to get a taxi straight to your door. Just a heads up!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

We definitely wanna check out some of the cool food carts but I'm really not sure when. Gonna have to poke a few holes in the schedule!

Any veterans see returning favourites we absolutely must eat? 

I've never taken any notice of the branding of them, to be honest – there's never been anything particularly mindblowing or memorable in the past, but there's generally some stuff across different price points. Some of these sound interesting but eating on site really adds up over the course of a weekend if you're adding in drinking as well.

It's always just been somewhere I'd go if I was hungry and/or needed a sit down rather than somewhere I'd conciously spend time at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

We definitely wanna check out some of the cool food carts but I'm really not sure when. Gonna have to poke a few holes in the schedule!

Any veterans see returning favourites we absolutely must eat? 

not familiar with the names to say if it's the same as previous years, but for me it always sounded good on the website but ended up as overpriced events-junkfood. 

don't get your hopes up

15 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

just on the general convo of safety and pick pocketing. avoid the La Mina area , which is not too far from primavera when walking home. one of the roughest areas according to my local catalan friends and told me to get a taxi / tram and never walk through the area at night, even in groups. 

Luckily trams run 24h through the fest so no reason to but if you are staying in the area , better to get a taxi straight to your door. Just a heads up!

strongly agree with the above. The only hassle ive ever had in Barcelona was when i skirted past this area short cutting back to our room. 

Hi guys, I'm still trying to sell two Weekend 2 tickets. The price is only €150 each now (paid €175 for them back in 2020). Transfer via Dice app. DM me if you're interested!

Lived just one street off the bottom of La Rambla in the Raval neighbourhood for 3 years and can confirm just be self-aware and you'll be fine. Bags always between your legs or in sight when you're sitting at a table outside, slap your pockets every now and then to check it's all there and try and wear trousers with deep pockets that are a bit tight. If you want to wear shorts (recommended for Primavera weather) it's great to have a bumbag or small bag you can wear on your front to keep everything in behind a zip. When you're walking home keep a firm grip on your phone if it's in your hand and try not to look lost or too much like a tourist (easier said than done when sloshed at 5am). I've been here for over 5 years and almost never have problems. 

Biggest advice would be for anyone planning to go to venues in Poblenou for the Ciutat gigs. Razzmatazz is a very popular club and I know a fair few people who've been pickpocketed around there, so leaving concerts late from that venue will be a prime spot. Thieves here run away if you call them out and more sneaky than aggressive. You'll all be absolutely fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Running belt/bumbag/tight zipped or front pockets, anything that keeps valuables close to body/awkward to access that you'd notice absense. I've visited (& lived) in Barcelona many times without incident, I visibly look younger and foreign. Carry yourself like you know what you're doing/ going. Prepare yourself should you lose a card /phone by splitting what you have on you and have in accommodation. Pickpocketing is essentially decriminalised under a certain value of stolen goods there isn't a real punishment in unlikely event they're caught. In a particularly grim example, friend of mine living near la rambla was groped ,their natural reaction to put hands down to protect themselves and then phone stolen from pocket. To counterbalance at PS , I left my phone in portaloo one night (using light) and a Spanish guy answered and arranged to meet near the food court. Does happen everywhere of course but unfortunately there is merit in being particularly vigilant in Barcelona imo. Just be aware of who's in your physical space, people carrying jackets in metro, creating drama etc.

19 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

The VIP thing is such a bummer considering how much more they were this year. Really hope it’s better than it looks. I asked them on Twitter about a pit and got no response, unsurprisingly. 

Have not yet received the email on updated map, but yeah pretty disappointed with the VIP arrangement

38 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

just got an email from Primavera about the food, but the important part is the detailed map. the VIP's in the Mordor are indeed not right in front.

and also if I understand correctly, the bridge is for handicapped only 

image.thumb.png.85bee33d996ec06255f991f385217503.png

Nice! Is there a larger version of this map? 

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No wristband collection on wednesday for the first time (but seems like they’re for superficial purposes this year anyway).

Any source or link on this wristband information?

What time do the gates for the festival actually open for wristband collection on the Thursday? Dice says 16.00 but presumably that's wrong if that's the time Lingua Ignota starts in the Auditori. Keen to make sure I'm there in good time for that.

10 minutes ago, Bram said:

Any source or link on this wristband information?

they tweeted the other day that wristbands were more of a symbolic thing, then deleted/edited it.

Also, on the map - what is GOLF STORE?

2 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

they tweeted the other day that wristbands were more of a symbolic thing, then deleted/edited it.

Also, on the map - what is GOLF STORE?

I'm assuming it's Golf Le Fleur, Tyler's clothing brand. Could be a really cool store and makes sense with him headlining.

51 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

The VIP thing is such a bummer considering how much more they were this year. Really hope it’s better than it looks. I asked them on Twitter about a pit and got no response, unsurprisingly. 

I just bashed them on Twitter. Won't buy a VIP ticket for next year. Getting tired of this BS, not the kind of communication I expected after holding a VIP ticket for 3 straight years (and upgrading to a 2-weekender VIP for an extra 425 euros). I wasn't too angry about the change in VIP preferential in the Ciutat, but they really f'd it up this time.

3 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

What time do the gates for the festival actually open for wristband collection on the Thursday? Dice says 16.00 but presumably that's wrong if that's the time Lingua Ignota starts in the Auditori. Keen to make sure I'm there in good time for that.

You'll be able to get in with your AccessTicket app alone, you can always go get your wristband after but as mentioned in this forum, wristbands are simply decorative and not necessary to get inside any venues.

Definitely frustrated at paying for VIP to access the front pits and them not being there this year. I don't normally stump for VIP at festivals but figured it would be worth it for that alone.

I'll reserve judgment on the area until we get there. It looks a bit further back than I'd normally choose to be at a show but I like that it has toilets and a bar in the area which will make things easier if watching multiple acts on the main stages. Those 5 minute turnarounds aren't long enough for a toilet and a bar stop otherwise.