Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

I have stayed in the Auditori for two acts in a row a couple of times but I have read that on other occasions the place was cleared between shows so who knows. I think there will be a lot of people looking to do the Low-Autechre double.

As stated above, PS have said that inside the building you cannot move between the two rooms in the Apolo and Razz on Ciutat nights.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

The place holds 3K people and their set is at 7pm. They only have 138K monthly listeners on Spotify, I think there's zero chance that fills up.

Monthly listeners really mean nothing on that context.

Nina Kraviz was dropped from 3 festivals around Primavera Sound time because of her stance on Putin, so it might have something to do with the unpublished set times for Brunch on the Beach. We might expect her to drop out this week.

Hi folks, enjoying all the build up chat. To think primavera sound threads on here used to run to about 10 pages max 😂

This will be my 7th PS so I'm not going to make the rookie mistake of trying to wedge in loads of sightseeing, but I am hoping to a wee bit easier at the fest so I can see (and enjoy) a thing or 2 daytime. I'd like to go up to Bunkers. Any tips for a rooftop bar are welcome. Went to a cracker atop a hotel on ramblas in 2016 (can provide further details). I've seen folk mention the Barceloneta one but it appears to just be a few stories high. 

The Beck - Little Simz - Parquet Courts thing is brutal. Is there a definitive clashfinder yet? 

Lastly In slightly off topic chat, all being well I will be back in barcelona at end of June for a few days before I board a cruise. The cruise line says I need the following. Could anyone point me to a decent company in barcelona to book this with? Thanks. "a certificate of a negative Antigen or RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours before embarkation" 

Thanks very much. 

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Monthly listeners really mean nothing on that context.

Nina Kraviz was dropped from 3 festivals around Primavera Sound time because of her stance on Putin, so it might have something to do with the unpublished set times for Brunch on the Beach. We might expect her to drop out this week.

I don't really care about Nina Kraviz, nor will I be at BotB but this is somewhat ridiculous.Expecting her to speak out, simply because she is Russian, seems like a weird sort of essentialism to me. Being outspoken against Putin can get you into jail in Russia and Europeans that have nothing to fear from speaking our mind should not hold someone to such standards, to whom this freedom doesn't extend.

And the evidence of her being "pro-Putin" is effy at best. 

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I don't really care about Nina Kraviz, nor will I be at BotB but this is somewhat ridiculous.Expecting her to speak out, simply because she is Russian, seems like a weird sort of essentialism to me. Being outspoken against Putin can get you into jail in Russia and Europeans that have nothing to fear from speaking our mind should not hold someone to such standards, to whom this freedom doesn't extend.

And the evidence of her being "pro-Putin" is effy at best. 

It's complicated and I can see both sides. Here's another view.

https://clone.nl/blog/trip/

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's complicated and I can see both sides. Here's another view.

https://clone.nl/blog/trip/

I do see their points, but I still don't see why someone would be obliged to speak out against Russian agression just because they are a Russian citizen. In an autocratic state like Russia, people have little power against their governments and putting responsibility for the states actions on the citizens doesn't make sense, even if they are prominent. 

As for the USSR-affection, neither do I see where that comes in in this discussion, nor is that something unique to Nina Kraviz. USSR-nostalgia is just an immensily hip part of current "counter"culture and tying this to a support of Putin or the war just seems immensly fabricated.

Anyway, I couldn't care less, if she drops off, saw her once, was a snooze, not doing it again.

11 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

I have checked with a contact in the know and Quimera is just a promotional act for a new series coming from a well-known platform. The guy is an argentinian actor/trap singer. Can't share more but I have checked the info and matches.

Sad times as C Tangana or Bad Bunny would have been a great addition.

If that’s indeed the case and the organisers stick them on one of the main stages for that open slot…do they expect anyone to show up for that?

3 hours ago, purplecowz said:

Helps you get a good idea of current interest levels at a broad level...Wet Leg currently has 2.1M monthly listeners.

Wet Leg have just released their album last month, which is also featured on all the big indie (and some rock) playlists. They gather a ton of monthly listeners (in some cases might be even 70%+ of their total) off passive listening from those playlists. While they get a higher exposure, it doesn't give us any strong indications that people will actively choose them over acts with less monthly listeners (Fontaines are playing Mordor with about half the amount of monthly listeners)

11 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

I have stayed several times in Auditori without it being cleared. But it will depend if there is a big queue for Autchere. I remember that sometimes is cleared between big acts.

You can stay in Auditori for the next act. It is cleared, only if the next act is ticketed (ps Spiritualized )

On 5/20/2022 at 3:14 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm with you - I've never been to Primavera but have had to adapt my approach to Glasto similarly in the last few years! 

What is Flatstock? Seen a few people mention it.

It is a poster exhibition. I'm not sure if they mentioned sth for this year, but i believe it ll happen again.

Autechre was a fun sell for my Mrs. She's happy to try stuff but doesn't listen to that kind of thing at all.

"Are we seeing that woman with the nice voice?"
"Weyes Blood? No, it's a clash sadly."
"With who?"
"Two Manc DJs that play experimental stuff in the pitch black indoors."
"Oh... fair enough"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Anyone know what the VIP benefits for 2022 are?

Its chopped & changed a bit with the few false starts over the last few years.

Exclusive entrance to the festival site // Acces to all VIP areas until full capacity is reached // Access to the exclusive viewing areas until full capacity is reached // Welcome pack

Seems it’s the same as every year except that the viewing areas at Mordor aren’t right next to the stage any more.

Last couple of years has also included a beach club just across the bridge. Does appear that VIPs will be only ones able to used that bridge. Unclear if that will also be shortcut to BITS.

36 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Autechre was a fun sell for my Mrs. She's happy to try stuff but doesn't listen to that kind of thing at all.

"Are we seeing that woman with the nice voice?"
"Weyes Blood? No, it's a clash sadly."
"With who?"
"Two Manc DJs that play experimental stuff in the pitch black indoors."
"Oh... fair enough"

Ha yeah I’m pretty much dictating who me and my partner are gonna be seeing throughout most of the festival, but I think this is gonna have to be one of those times where I’m somewhat reasonable and go see the thing she’ll actually enjoy rather than the weird stuff I’m in to. Was kind of hoping Autechre would’ve been relatively clash free so I could pull the ol’ ‘well we might as well go see em’ but alas it wasn’t to be. Weyes Blood is a nice alternative though so I can’t complain. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Exclusive entrance to the festival site // Acces to all VIP areas until full capacity is reached // Access to the exclusive viewing areas until full capacity is reached // Welcome pack

Seems it’s the same as every year except that the viewing areas at Mordor aren’t right next to the stage any more.

Last couple of years has also included a beach club just across the bridge. Does appear that VIPs will be only ones able to used that bridge. Unclear if that will also be shortcut to BITS.

The area on both side is yellow on the maps, which I assume means VIP area, so probably VIP only on the bridge indeed

I saw Parquet Courts last night, very disappointed with their setlist. Don't know if they change their sets a lot on the same tour. But it makes the clash Parquet Courts / The National / Warpaint atleast a little easier for me. 

Edited by Boss89

4 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

I saw Parquet Courts last night, very disappointed with their setlist. Don't know if they change their sets a lot on the same tour. But it makes the clash Parquet Courts / The National / Warpaint atleast a little easier for me. 

What was your problem with the setlist? That it was so new album heavy?

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

What was your problem with the setlist? That it was so new album heavy?

Atleast 5+ of their bests songs not played (if you ask me). Don't want to spoil it for everyone, so not going to say which ones. If you'd like to know check setlist.fm. And everytime when they played a song that was well received and got people moving a bit, they seemed to play a slower/experimental song after, so that the atmosphere was dead again. Like they didn't want to win over the crowd on purpose. 

But the band played very well, just a shame what decision they made regarding their setlist.

5 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Atleast 5+ of their bests songs not played (if you ask me). Don't want to spoil it for everyone, so not going to say which ones. If you'd like to know check setlist.fm. And everytime when they played a song that was well received and got people moving a bit, they seemed to play a slower/experimental song after, so that the atmosphere was dead again. Like they didn't want to win over the crowd on purpose. 

But the band played very well, just a shame what decision they made regarding their setlist.

When I last saw them on the Wide Awake tour they had a habit of killing the momentum with shit stage banter and fucking around with their instruments whilst they tuned them up etc.

Tbh their new album still hasn’t really landed with me so I’m not nearly as gutted about missing them as I would’ve been a few years back.