Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FakeEmpire said:

First timer with some Auditori questions, apologies if these have been asked already.

1. Can you take drinks in?

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

3. If you need to leave the set a bit early, is it awkward because of the seating setup? Trying to work out if I could leave 5-10 mins early to head over to something else without ruining the gig for people.

Thanks

1. no 2. the latter 3. no but people are considerate and tiptoe away etc

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jimothy said:

Hi all,

This will be my first time at Primavera. Just wondering if shuttle buses will be running to move around the site similar to this map from 2019? 

7f9yt0t4jtz21.thumb.jpg.93ed835f65a7aa45020a9ed668c07a31.jpg

 

Does the layout tend to be the same every year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone reckon we'll still get some anniversary surprises/announcements? I'm not expecting any headline acts or anything, but Los Planetos (as mentioned above) would make sense, or someone like Hinds, or Deerhunter (or just Bradford himself?) would make sense I'd say. 

I just don't see where they would fit. 

Not a big deal overall, but just curious as they had made a really big deal about anniversary surprises in the original announcement. I guess they might have just had to abandon the plans because of everything, but just curious for thoughts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Anyone reckon we'll still get some anniversary surprises/announcements? I'm not expecting any headline acts or anything, but Los Planetos (as mentioned above) would make sense, or someone like Hinds, or Deerhunter (or just Bradford himself?) would make sense I'd say. 

I just don't see where they would fit. 

Not a big deal overall, but just curious as they had made a really big deal about anniversary surprises in the original announcement. I guess they might have just had to abandon the plans because of everything, but just curious for thoughts. 

my thoughts are that, if there are to be any surprises - and i'm not 100% convinced - they'll solely be announced once the fest is up and running, in the moment kind of things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Anyone reckon we'll still get some anniversary surprises/announcements? I'm not expecting any headline acts or anything, but Los Planetos (as mentioned above) would make sense, or someone like Hinds, or Deerhunter (or just Bradford himself?) would make sense I'd say. 

I just don't see where they would fit.

An extra pre-pre day on the 31st as 12 days of festival just isn’t long enough really 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

If there is an artist you want a really good front row (ish) seat for the best strategy is to wait by the lower entrances inside the building 15-20 minutes before the show, when the previous show finishes. A lot of people at the front rows will then leave their seats and you can get a prime seat when they leave.

The same strategy may apply to the outdoors shows as well: investing an extra 10 minutes gives you really good spots at the front. So much better than always be on the back foot, arriving just in time or late, to get a spot far behind at popular shows.

Edited by puckno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Primavera did book her, just for a separate paid show on Tuesday May 31st. 😀

Ah bugger! The day before I arrive, missed that! Did just get tickets for Alex Cameron with Fenne Lily on the Sunday though, excellent value at €16.50!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

Surprisingly Thurs w1 is my strongest. Les Savy Fav>Dinosaur Jr>SVE>The Armed>VTSS>100Gecs>Black Lips>Black Midi>DJ Shadow.

The Friday & Saturday clashes are brutal for me.

 

 

 

Yap W1 D2 is my strongest but full of clashes. W1 D1 free from clashes and I’m a happy festival goers that can walk around seamlessly and enjoy the full set from Kim Gordon — Les Savy Fav —- Dinosaur Jr —- Sharon V.E — Yo La Tengo — Pavement — Black Midi — close by DJ Shadow. Perfecto

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that the best way to enjoy the festival, is to have a relaxed schedule between the gigs, and leave some free space for exploring the area, meet people and have some drinks/meal, visit flatstock etc. I used to run like crazy from stage to stage and be anxious about finding a good spot, but this is not for me anymore.

Also for those who ll make a very tight schedule, please have in mind the distance between the stages.. It might take ages to go from Mordor to the Bits area..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

I think that the best way to enjoy the festival, is to have a relaxed schedule between the gigs, and leave some free space for exploring the area, meet people and have some drinks/meal, visit flatstock etc. I used to run like crazy from stage to stage and be anxious about finding a good spot, but this is not for me anymore.

Also for those who ll make a very tight schedule, please have in mind the distance between the stages.. It might take ages to go from Mordor to the Bits area..

I’d love to have this attitude/type of schedule but I’m already missing tons due to clashes so you better believe I’ll be sprinting between stages the moment one act finishes to see the next one who I can see (although definitely gonna try and be reasonable as I realise there is some distance between Mordor and the rest).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

First timer with some Auditori questions, apologies if these have been asked already.

1. Can you take drinks in?

2. To get in for Mavis Staples, do I have to turn up extra early or will 10 mins or so suffice?

3. If you need to leave the set a bit early, is it awkward because of the seating setup? Trying to work out if I could leave 5-10 mins early to head over to something else without ruining the gig for people.

Thanks

If you have drinks , food etc with you it's possible to just leave them with security at a table before you go in and then collect them on the way out, for this purpose a unique carrier bag comes in useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And sorry for the slightly off topic but do we think it’s possibile beach house will announce some more tour dates around the couple uk + Europe festival dates they have planned for August?

 

life or death matter right now that they have released my most feared and anticipated clash 

Edited by Whos3000_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Lars said:

Anyone know if the VIP area in-front of the main stages has been moved back in front of the beer tents? (Yellow area) 

image.png

From the map, I understand the following:

Yellow - VIP areas

Purple - food areas

Grey - bar areas

 

Notice that there is a small red point in the BITS area, which may be a stage (but no name on it). So...maybe Xiringuito is back after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone going to PS from Bulgaria? Booked a flight to Barcelona from Sofia (June 1) and consider spending a couple of days in the city before that. Since I know no one from Bulgaria, maybe someone here is up for a beer? Feel free to DM me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

wristbands, available from the thursday, this year are "more symbolic" with site access via the app, according to PS twitter....  

Oh la la, setting themselves up for failure...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, livenstu said:

very curious that Special Interest are down as 1hr40 on their set time - anyone seen them live before?

On a similar note in La Ciutat, El Mató a un Policía Motorizado are down for a 3hr set. 

Other bands on the night are doing 50mins.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

wristbands, available from the thursday, this year are "more symbolic" with site access via the app, according to PS twitter....  

EDIT: they have now reposted without the "more symbolic" bit...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...