Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If you do the brutal run of Lingua Ignota->Kim Gordon->Les Savy Fav on the Thursday, there's a good chance you'll have to retire from the festival with exhaustion and it won't even be 8pm on the first day.

Lingua Ignota in the Auditori should be great, but really not the mood I'd like to kick off the festival with...

27 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

I thought that they were in bad terms. But a Blixa feature in Weeping Song would be incredible.

On the other hand, I dont think there is  going to be much trouble to get a good spot for the Bad Seeds. Arriving around Jorja beginning should do it.

They were both on a YouTube comments chat thing a while back. About the Murder Ballads album, playback with the Seeds making comments and answering questions etc in the feed alongside. So they are at least on speaking terms.

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Lingua Ignota in the Auditori should be great, but really not the mood I'd like to kick off the festival with...

Exactly, of all the vibes to resume festival-going after three years' absence.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Perfect thanks! Got my eye on Low, Autechre and Mavis in particular. Oh and Kim Gordon - was she in there?

Yeah, she's in there as well. I think those first three you mentioned will be the most popular but if you turn up 15/20 minutes before you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Perfect thanks! Got my eye on Low, Autechre and Mavis in particular. Oh and Kim Gordon - was she in there?

Yeah Kim is in there. I think that's where I'll start my day then chill until Dinosaur Jr. 

3 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

clashfinder and primavera website still crashed - I'm reading all your comments and can't see anything for myself lol 

I need to learn patience! 

I know, it's really frustrating! Wanted to start my clashfinder. I did at least get a good look at the app before it went down.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know, it's really frustrating! Wanted to start my clashfinder. I did at least get a good look at the app before it went down.

Both back up and running now

5 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

clashfinder and primavera website still crashed - I'm reading all your comments and can't see anything for myself lol 

I need to learn patience! 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

@Orens posted the screenshots on the previous page.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

Just caught up with the thread after making my initial plan. W1 Friday is an absolute bloodbath. Strokes VS Gizzard is horrendous and then Gorillaz VS Idles the next day is almost as bad. 

Gonna have to convince my partner we can make the Sunday Gizzard show so we don't have to leave Strokes after 4 songs. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just caught up with the thread after making my initial plan. W1 Friday is an absolute bloodbath. Strokes VS Gizzard is horrendous and then Gorillaz VS Idles the next day is almost as bad. 

Gonna have to convince my partner we can make the Sunday Gizzard show so we don't have to leave Strokes after 4 songs. 

image.png

The Strokes notoriously turn up like half an hour late to every show they ever play, so you might not catch any songs if you leave 20 minutes in 😬

• Like 1

Oh and who the hell put Mavis Staples and Rapsody on at the same time? Two of the best black female touring artists clashing? Rubbish. 

Poor Idles clashing again, first Rock Werchter puts them on alongside Turnstile (???) now this. Guess I won't see Idles this year. 

Just now, BenG92 said:

Oh and who the hell put Mavis Staples and Rapsody on at the same time? Two of the best black female touring artists clashing? Rubbish. 

Ugh, hadn't notice this...actual pain.

Perhaps there will be some extra afternoon gigs still to be announced that will help with clashes like with OCR Paper Sessions/Rayban Studios/Firestone/La Casa Teva

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

So it looking like there aren’t any obvious gaps in the schedule for secret sets and whatnot? 

Well they could always build an extra stage like they did with Arcade Fire in 2017...