Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

What keeps them from a proper communication though? 

I agree that Primavera is very well organized - once you're there. But this years communication has been even worse than any year before. Espeically concerning tickets and cancellations.

It's common for festivals not to pre-announce when timetables are coming.

In fact I'd say it's the norm.

And if they post the date on their website, they are then beholden to it when it might be an advantage to delay for unforeseen circumstances e.g. multiple cancellations on one day. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, xxialac said:

It's common for festivals not to pre-announce when timetables are coming.

In fact I'd say it's the norm.

And if they post the date on their website, they are then beholden to it when it might be an advantage to delay for unforeseen circumstances e.g. multiple cancellations on one day. 

Honestly, I cannot ever remember going to a festival where they didn't announce couple days prior, when they'd realease the timetable.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Apparently not going to be released until next week now. Same source as the person who told me they'd re-done the scheduling a few weeks ago and shit hit the fan behind the scenes. So maybe hold off that F5.

Fuck me, one week from the event starting is absolutely savage. 

while you are waiting for the timretable ( what I would do as well as always before Primavera Sound) I‘m still waiting for an answer to get my ticketproblem solved. I‘m getting angry… that‘s not the idea of a VIP ticket. and as well not for a reguar one…

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Fuck me, one week from the event starting is absolutely savage. 

Especially for those going to both weekends. Lineup is already stacked for me to I've been holding off investigating unknowns so that I don't create more potential clashes.

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Apparently not going to be released until next week now. Same source as the person who told me they'd re-done the scheduling a few weeks ago and shit hit the fan behind the scenes. So maybe hold off that F5.

93183465-E626-4060-959D-96F1C8A5254C.jpeg

The scheduling hasn't been re-done, at least not in full. I'm sure some things have changed but there are slots asigned from 2021 that are still in place. So the schedule better come out today.

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Fucking hell

Besides, you don't start posting gifs and literally trolling on Twitter about releasing the fucking horarios today if you delay'em til next week. Yesterday was the first time they addressed this issue differently on Twitter so it's today or tomorrow at the latest.

1 minute ago, Nesser said:

Besides, you don't start posting gifs and literally trolling on Twitter about releasing the fucking horarios today if you delay'em til next week. Yesterday was the first time they addressed this issue differently on Twitter so it's today or tomorrow at the latest.

This is what I figured. If they were being delayed until next week, you think they would hold off the silly gifs.

7 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Could you provide some details on this? Without putting your source in danger, of course.

7 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Absolutely this. 

People are getting a bit overdramatic, the timetable is a nice-to-have right now, but in all honesty it makes little difference whether it gets released today, tomorrow, or the day before bands start playing.

Just now, daveje said:

People are getting a bit overdramatic, the timetable is a nice-to-have right now, but in all honesty it makes little difference whether it gets released today, tomorrow, or the day before bands start playing.

For you that might be the case but many people have things to plan around the settimes. Friends are coming in Thursday and would like to know if they'll travel to the appartment of to forum directly and if so, if they need to pree book luggage storage. I have reservations at restaurants I'd need to cancel by tomorrow if they clash with acts I want to see and many other things that I'd like to have planned by now. 

1 minute ago, daveje said:

There's a lot of planning for 12 days, and people paid a lot of money a year (or 3) ago. I'd expect it sooner rather than later, just to be familiar with bands that might be relevant in case of a free slot, etc.