Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Totally the same experience.

I think some underestimate how many people are too tired, have better things to do, are locals at work or have gone home.

In the end Barcelona has so many obvious charms, people don't want to spend precious hours queuing.

Yeah I'm actually thinking along the same lines. Flying in around 8pm so I hope we might make like the last half hour of the Rina set. Would love to get into the Kokoko! show

4 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I think the two shows that it will be hard to get into are Beck and Little Simz on Sunday, partly because they are both on the very clashy Friday and many people will skip them on the forum and wait till Sunday. the rest of the city shows I don't think will be too crowdy

I might do the same as you, hope Poble Espanol is big enough (never been there- how big is it?)

Poble Espanyol is massive and also the most fun site in my opinion, being outdoors and up in the hills.

I reckon some of the smallest shows will be hard, just because capacity can be so tiny, then other than that possibly the PC music show and Beck. Also Kokoko! seems a problem as many of the 1000s of people present at Poble Espanyol will want an afterparty at the sister venue with a very small capacity.  

But for those who arrive when doors open, imagine no problems. Locals will get there later, for one. 

Edited by xxialac

3 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Wait are Kokoko just doing that tiny venue on the opening night and.. not the actual festival itself?! For fuck's sake.

They've not released lineup additions for a while so possibly they may be an inclusion when the schedule drops (if it ever drops)

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

They've not released lineup additions for a while so possibly they may be an inclusion when the schedule drops (if it ever drops)

Yeah, fingers crossed, just they didn't add them in anywhere to the main fest lineup poster with the last batch of additions so I had a bit of a panic when I looked just now. Seems stupid to just have them pass through for one small show.

Edited by jannybruck

trying to work out my top w2 picks (v hard for the Thursday), something like this currently:

Thurs: Dua Lipa / 2ManyDJs / Bicep / Big Thief / Charli XCX

Fri: Lorde / Brittany Howard / Bleachers / Clairo

Sat: Tame Impala / Fred Again... / Jessie Ware

Clash-Gods, be kind to me x

1 minute ago, harryy said:

trying to work out my top w2 picks (v hard for the Thursday), something like this currently:

I'm in the boat that W2 is considerably more exciting (or at least, more to my tastes) than W1, and this little proxy rundown absolutely supports that I think. Those Thurs and Fri lineups are bananas (and that's ignoring The Strokes, Interpol, Dry Cleaning, Slowdive, TYLER AND GORILLAZ ALL IN ONE DAY!!!!)

Just now, JayDiesel said:

I'm in the boat that W2 is considerably more exciting (or at least, more to my tastes) than W1, and this little proxy rundown absolutely supports that I think. Those Thurs and Fri lineups are bananas (and that's ignoring The Strokes, Interpol, Dry Cleaning, Slowdive, TYLER AND GORILLAZ ALL IN ONE DAY!!!!)

Literally!!! everyone not mentioned makes the best lineup ever? how is that possible!

6 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

The electronic stuff in W2 is mindblowing for me, hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in more headliners on W1 and avoid Mordor on the Thursday, for example.

12 minutes ago, harryy said:

I’m so hoping Charli doesn’t clash with any of the thursday headliners, I’m already devastated that she isn’t doing PC Music during the week

11 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

Funny, Im in the opinion that W1 is literally the best lineup I've seen in my life while W2 is quite mediocre and I would've 100% skipped this year if this was the lineup. Different taste I guess

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

I’m so hoping Charli doesn’t clash with any of the thursday headliners, I’m already devastated that she isn’t doing PC Music during the week

Probably bumped to Mordor instead of MA, with fred again.. filling in for her on the former Ray-Ban stage

11 minutes ago, Orens said:

Probably bumped to Mordor instead of MA, with fred again.. filling in for her on the former Ray-Ban stage

I would be very happy with this. Fred Again to finish off a night of Pavement and Tame Impala would be a good start. No doubt, I'd have time for a few extras too. 

What else have you got in store for us in your timetable, Orens? In the absence of a real one, I'm gonna start living through the posters here! 

3 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I would be very happy with this. Fred Again to finish off a night of Pavement and Tame Impala would be a good start. No doubt, I'd have time for a few extras too. 

What else have you got in store for us in your timetable, Orens? In the absence of a real one, I'm gonna start living through the posters here! 

I actually think DJ Shadow will play that post-headliner Amphitheater stage, with fred again.. clashing with one of the headliners instead of Charli

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Post image of a skeleton pressing F5 here...

Just pick the year, mate

26907086_10156147529609444_6426586555917811572_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=9iljBWBjPPkAX8gdg-r&_nc_ht=scontent.ftlv6-1.fna&oh=00_AT-8NXIu120U1vmiUnLCVvz-yJhh2XYRMGVlE14XTbw24Q&oe=62AD51D5

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Funny, Im in the opinion that W1 is literally the best lineup I've seen in my life while W2 is quite mediocre and I would've 100% skipped this year if this was the lineup. Different taste I guess

I think a lot of people on the forum have fairly mainstream tastes and like a lot of real pop type artists and chart fodder, nothing wrong with that, each to their own, I guess that is why a lot of people think W2 is stronger, I am also of the opinion W1  is the better of the 2 as mainstream pop does nothing for me

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, postC86 said:

I think a lot of people on the forum have fairly mainstream tastes and like a lot of real pop type artists and chart fodder, nothing wrong with that, each to their own, I guess that is why a lot of people think W2 is stronger, I am also of the opinion W1  is the better of the 2 as mainstream pop does nothing for me

Same here.

And I'm really happy that the first weekend is the better one (for me) because I will definitely be rather exhausted after the first week in Barcelona and will need longer breaks during WE2.