Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

11 hours ago, broccoli said:

bit of an odd one..recently really picked up on my running and due to be doing 15-20 miles a week to prep for a half. does anyone have any recommendations of where to run? will be going early mornings inbetween the two weekends

Congrats my friend! So I live quite close to the Prima Forum site and normally around there it is bliss. I run 3 or 4 times a week through the actual Forum site, however, obviously Prima is on so you won't be able to access this area. However, you can just keep running along the coast. You'll have to go along the road for about 2.5km but then you can either jump along the sea and run up to Badalona OR turn inland and run up a river called River Besós. From there you've got about 6km to play with running up the river on really nice road or grass. 

If you want to stay in the city, I'd recommend staying near the beach to stay flat, or up in Montjuic starting from Placa Espanya if you want a hill challenge. Running through the city is really start and stop. Happy running pal!

• Like 1

My third primavera. I agree with all the reasons to date. I love the fact that the primavera, ray ban, Adidas and pitchfork stages are all right next to each other so it allows you to see so much top class music in a day. I particularly remember a run of slowdive, grizzly bear and beach house a few years ago alternating between primavera and ray ban which are a stone's throw from each other. That was an awe-inspiring few hours. 

26 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Congrats my friend! So I live quite close to the Prima Forum site and normally around there it is bliss. I run 3 or 4 times a week through the actual Forum site, however, obviously Prima is on so you won't be able to access this area. However, you can just keep running along the coast. You'll have to go along the road for about 2.5km but then you can either jump along the sea and run up to Badalona OR turn inland and run up a river called River Besós. From there you've got about 6km to play with running up the river on really nice road or grass. 

If you want to stay in the city, I'd recommend staying near the beach to stay flat, or up in Montjuic starting from Placa Espanya if you want a hill challenge. Running through the city is really start and stop. Happy running pal!

Thanks for the recommendation! We’re in La Sagrada Familia so guess we have a few options but up the river sounds great. 

Instinct says today for the timetables now - but zero evidence for this!

There shouldn't be that many new cancellations seeing as they only updated the lineup less than three weeks ago. Perhaps a couple more only. And some replacements to balance.

Do still think Fatoumata Diawara's tour dates are very suspicious. Has to be there surely.

Radiohead 2016, you could hear a pin drop, never experienced that before or since at a big crowd. I had to break the silence to tell the girl in front that her handbag was on fire as she'd dropped a cigarette into it by accident, and even then I had to whisper it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Radiohead 2016, you could hear a pin drop, never experienced that before or since at a big crowd. I had to break the silence to tell the girl in front that her handbag was on fire as she'd dropped a cigarette into it by accident, and even then I had to whisper it. 

You know a band is captivating when you can set fire to yourself without noticing! 

• Upvote 5

Which Ciutat gigs are y’all planning to see?

I had planned to see Beck on 5th and Sons of Kemet on 6th since the day they were announced. But in the past week I’m now leaning towards Alex Cameron/Shame on the 5th and King Gizz/Beak on the 6th?

Im going to RHCP on the 7th (hoping to catch Los Bitchos afterwards) and the Phoenix/Khruangbin/Ride gig on the 8th feels like a no-brainier (really wanted to see Chet Faker though).

55 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's really interesting, thanks! I thought it might be lacking that "all in it together" feeling you get from a camping festival so good to hear. Am very much looking forward to my hotel bed, shower, balcony and swimming pool.

All in it together: wait untill you leave that first night or get back the second day or even better when we're all worn out but so ready for Dj Coco at Ray Ban!!!

8 minutes ago, Float said:

I had planned to see Beck on 5th and Sons of Kemet on 6th since the day they were announced. But in the past week I’m now leaning towards Alex Cameron/Shame on the 5th and King Gizz/Beak on the 6th?

Im going to RHCP on the 7th (hoping to catch Los Bitchos afterwards) and the Phoenix/Khruangbin/Ride gig on the 8th feels like a no-brainier (really wanted to see Chet Faker though).

I want to do Rina / Wet Leg / Linda Lindas on 1st if we have time. We fly in that afternoon so may be a push.

Otherwise, I don't want to spend much time in queues as I want to explore the city in between the 2 weekends so I'll be playing it by ear. If Little Simz or Beach Bunny clash with other stuff at the festival then I'll try and get into those. I want to see Keiyaa, Steam Down, Meet Me @ the Altar and Pom Pom Squad who aren't playing the main festival so I'm going to try and get to those as well.

6 minutes ago, Float said:

For me, the Ciutat highlight are L'Imperatrice, but they're on the 7th. Other than that, it really depends on the clashes during the weekends. So on the 5th probably Boy Pablo + Alex Cameron / Beck / Les Savy Fav and on the 8th either Poble Espanyol ride or P.C. Music night (again, depending on how much of these artist I manage to see during the weekends).

12 minutes ago, Float said:

Hoping to see Wet Leg. Great band but also more than anything to check out the venue, looks stunning!

2 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I want to do Rina / Wet Leg / Linda Lindas on 1st if we have time. We fly in that afternoon so may be a push.

My plane is landing after 7 p.m. so I'm not even trying to get to this one but under different circumstances, I would be definitely there.

9 minutes ago, pipan said:

My plane is landing after 7 p.m. so I'm not even trying to get to this one but under different circumstances, I would be definitely there.

Yeah I don’t get there until late and am gonna have to miss this. Pretty gutted tbh as that would’ve sorted out a few clashes for me and I would’ve booked to arrive the Tuesday if I knew they were gonna add this. Annoying.

25 minutes ago, Float said:

Im going to RHCP on the 7th (hoping to catch Los Bitchos afterwards)

Curiosity had me check out the prices of that RHCP gig ... This new Dynamic Pricing has Ticketmaster looking for €250.

That's the future, that is.