Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, pretzelaf said:

Was thinking about the Pitchfork announcement as well recently because I thought they used to announce their running order earlier. However they are not listed as a partner on the poster for this year's edition. I guess this means no Pitchfork stage? Maybe NTS will take their place.

With the NTS stage called "NTS Warehouse", I reckon it's located in either the 2014-2018 or the 2019 Hidden stage

 

19 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Yep, I think this will be it, more or less. As an Australian, I've grown up with Bad Seeds music constantly so I luckily know all these. Stagger Lee live is amazing. I'm always hangin' out for some Lyre tracks, but he never seems to go back to that one. 

Stagger Lee was great the last time he came to Primavera, I happened to get onstage for the last couple of songs. Stunning view!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

On another note, what's the best performance that people have seen at primavera before? Just curious 

After a short glance at posters:

- 2013 Titus Andronicus, Goat, Nick Cave, Mac De Marco

- 2014: Television, Neutral Milk Hotel, Sun Ra Arkestra (& Stromae, but that was a Belgian thing)

- 2015 the replacements, ride, strand of oaks, single mothers

- 2016 preshow in apollo by SUUNS, radiohead, action bronson, julian baker, pet sounds, ty segall aftershow in Apollo

- 2017: preshow Kate Tempest, sleep, japandroids, run the jewels, angel olsen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

On another note, what's the best performance that people have seen at primavera before? Just curious 

2016: LCD Soundsystem pre-show at Barts, Sigur Ros, Idles
2017: Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Pinegrove
2018: Nick Cave, Spiritualized Auditori, Slowdive, OPN
2019: Sterolab, SOPHIE, Low, Tim Hecker, JPEGMAFIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Right, anyone got any tips for a first timer at Prima? I've done loads of UK festivals before, but that's it. I know very little about Prima aside from the lineup etc. Hit me with your advice!

It gets cold at night

Don't peak at 7pm

Sneak in water bottle lids

Don't chat through sets

Buy snacks from the big shopping centre over the road and bring them in, it's allowed!

Try not to spend all your time in the soulless main stage area

Watch acts

Have fun

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Right, anyone got any tips for a first timer at Prima? I've done loads of UK festivals before, but that's it. I know very little about Prima aside from the lineup etc. Hit me with your advice!

First tip is don’t call it Prima, just as no one in Manchester calls it Manch! :))

Biggest tip by far is to get the most comfortable shoes you can find. Cannot emphasise this enough. Your feet will thank you!

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

2016: LCD Soundsystem pre-show at Barts, Sigur Ros, Idles
2017: Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Pinegrove
2018: Nick Cave, Spiritualized Auditori, Slowdive, OPN
2019: Sterolab, SOPHIE, Low, Tim Hecker, JPEGMAFIA

2016 was the best gig I've ever been to, also my first night in Barcelona

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It gets cold at night

Don't peak at 7pm

Sneak in water bottle lids

Don't chat through sets

Buy snacks from the big shopping centre over the road and bring them in, it's allowed!

Try not to spend all your time in the soulless main stage area

Watch acts

Have fun

 

 

 

You can bring snacks in? Amazing 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

On another note, what's the best performance that people have seen at primavera before? Just curious 

2017 - Japandroids (Sala Apolo), Lawrence Arabia, Metronomy

2018 - Carpenter Brut, Belle & Sebastian, Beach House

2019 - The Beths, Suede, Janelle Monáe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Orens said:

With the NTS stage called "NTS Warehouse", I reckon it's located in either the 2014-2018 or the 2019 Hidden stage

 

Is the NTS warehouse not a rename of the other warehouse stage? Cant remember the exact name of it but remember seeing Yves Tumor there in 2018 and it being one of the highlights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It gets cold at night

Don't peak at 7pm

Sneak in water bottle lids

Don't chat through sets

Buy snacks from the big shopping centre over the road and bring them in, it's allowed!

Try not to spend all your time in the soulless main stage area

Watch acts

Have fun

 

 

 

Which are the best snacks to bring in? 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also to add to the hype, I can rarely find good pics of Primavera and going for the first time - wondered if any goers had some good pics from previous years to build the excitement / bridge the gap until schedule chaos

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2012 - WILCO, FRANZ FERDINAND

2013 - HOT CHIP, BLUR

2014 - SILVIA PEREZ CRUZ & RAUL FERNANDEZ MIRO , KRONOS QUARTET,  GYBE, Dr JOHN, CAETANO VELOSO

2015 - JOSE GONZALES, EINSTURZENDE NEUBATEN

2016 - KAMASI WASHSINGHTON, RADIOHEAD, SUEDE (Auditori), EITS, SIGUR ROS, TY SEGALL -what a year!

2017 - BON IVER, APHEX TWIN, ROSALIA, OPERATORS

2018 - SPIRITUALIZED, NICK CAVE, JANE BIRKIN, CARPENTER BRUT

2019 - FKA TWIGS, LOYLE CARNER, STEREOLAB, COMET IS COMING

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, branvan said:

I still can't load my ticket. Only have this option??:

 

If you got it via Dice, open that app instead, go to the ticket there and you can open it in AccessTicket. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, harryy said:

Also to add to the hype, I can rarely find good pics of Primavera and going for the first time - wondered if any goers had some good pics from previous years to build the excitement / bridge the gap until schedule chaos

Google Images there are plenty of great ones, but unfortunately it's such a big (and slightly odd compared to other festivals) site that you probably won't find anything that gives you a decent sense of how the stages sit in the grand scheme of things. It's a place that requires a walkaround as soon as you arrive to get your bearings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which days are people anticipating the most painful losses for?

Given you can probably see 8 acts from 7pm-6am, for weekend 1 there's 14, 19 and 15 acts on those days respectively that I'd like to see, so W1 Friday is gonna be a real killer for me. Probably won't catch 60% of the acts I wanna see that day. Rough, but testament to just how stacked things age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...