Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been looking at some setlists so I can get an idea of what to listen to for some of the acts I’ve discovered/am less familiar with and noticed that The Strokes have not only finally stopped playing Is This It almost in its entirety, but actually don’t even play Last Nite anymore or even some of the other more well known songs from it. I’m sure it wouldn’t be popular with some as it’s an obvious ‘festival anthem’ or whatever, but as somebody who could happily never hear that song again, I hope it’s left out at Primavera and they play a similar more varied setlist like they were doing at festivals earlier this year. 

And they're rotating out some of the more popular ones, they didn't play Someday at their last show either. 

As long as I hear Ode to the Mets I'm good, and they seem to be playing it every show

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm landing in on the Thursday on the later side (5pm) so will be taxi-ing it to my accomms to check in, quick Irish shower and then straight to the venue. Wondering what the food situ would be like once i'm in? Guessing anything will be on the pricier end of the scale but is there a decent selection? Haven't been since 2011 (yikes)

Edited by BA_Barrabus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

I'm landing in on the Thursday on the later side (5pm) so will be taxi-ing it to my accomms to check in, quick Irish shower and then straight to the venue. Wondering what the food situ would be like once i'm in? Guessing anything will be on the procier end of the scale but is there a decent selection? Haven't been since 2011 (yikes)

Loads of bits ranging from about 6 Euros up to 16ish. Wouldn't stress about it but if you're looking to maximise your time watching acts I'd probably grab something en route to the site. There is food everywhere in Barcelona.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Been looking at some setlists so I can get an idea of what to listen to for some of the acts I’ve discovered/am less familiar with and noticed that The Strokes have not only finally stopped playing Is This It almost in its entirety, but actually don’t even play Last Nite anymore or even some of the other more well known songs from it. I’m sure it wouldn’t be popular with some as it’s an obvious ‘festival anthem’ or whatever, but as somebody who could happily never hear that song again, I hope it’s left out at Primavera and they play a similar more varied setlist like they were doing at festivals earlier this year. 

Looks like they're more confident, maybe because of the good response the New Abnormal had. Their last Primavera set was literally a greatest hits set. Kinda liked it tbh, but their current sets are pretty decent too.

Kinda surprised at how they always play Trying Your Luck, always thought it's the most forgettable Is this It track by far.

Edited by yaniv297
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

And they're rotating out some of the more popular ones, they didn't play Someday at their last show either. 

As long as I hear Ode to the Mets I'm good, and they seem to be playing it every show

Ode to the Mets is the main thing I want to hear from their set

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

went to see the nick cave film too last night

 

not major news, i admit, but his wife susie was there in the front row. all i take from this is that she's not currently with nick. 

What did you think? I thought it was really beautiful, could have done with some more documentary bits among the songs but it looked stunning. Made me really want to see them again.

Do you think maybe he's in Aus then? First tour date is 2nd June so I guess they will be making a decision or announcement soon. It's really not far away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What did you think? I thought it was really beautiful, could have done with some more documentary bits among the songs but it looked stunning. Made me really want to see them again.

Do you think maybe he's in Aus then? First tour date is 2nd June so I guess they will be making a decision or announcement soon. It's really not far away. 

i agree - i could watch film of nick and 'waz' all night long, although some of the songs from Carnage sounded so good. much better than i expected from the record. and that scene with warren's desktop cracked me up!

Edited by Ohjesus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

i agree - i could watch film of nick and 'waz' all night long, although some of the songs from Carnage sounded so good. much better than i expected from the record. and that scene with warren's desktop cracked me up!

Ha, the 'Waz' bit made me laugh out loud! Such a great cameo from Ms Faithfull. Did you get to see any of the Carnage shows last October? Those songs are so, so good live that it would be criminal for them not to play them again, but not sure if they will be part of a Bad Seeds set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrTobs said:

Hey, a friend of mine just decided that he wants to join us for the 2nd weekend. What do you think is the best option to get a ticket now, the Dice-waiting list? Or is ticketswap legit? Thanks for your answers:)

Sent you a DM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

  

Most famous I've seen is Erlend Oye (he didn't play that year). Guys everwhere. Third time I met him at any festival.

Edit: Upon googling Big Jeff I can confirm I did see him too which led to me not seeing much of Deerhunter in Sala Apolo

Got this picture of Erlend Oye, the first day of PS2016, just inside the entrance, pointing at the stage they played at PS2012 (great show btw)....

image.thumb.png.025d2b4f622a9eb39b28f028df174edb.png

Edited by puckno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Taking a gamble that Warpaint aren't clashing and not picking up a ticket for their Manc gig tonight - so watch the set times with them clashing get announced tomorrow 

Literally just listened to their latest album, perfect summer vibes imo. Proper good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Literally just listened to their latest album, perfect summer vibes imo. Proper good.

Yeah its their best one yet IMO. I've always been a big fan but this one just has a lot more about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Absolutely, I think all tickets need to start transitioning to saving to a Google Wallet/Apple Wallet in the future. The Ticketmaster App is atrocious and ive had plenty issues of loading that up at the entrance to a venue! Thankfully you can save tickets to that to Google Pay so I can never have to open the awful app.

So Access Ticket jumped straight onto my query & said the below.  As the other person on here suggested, deleting the app or a reset seems to fix - but bottom line it sounds like the old school wristband combined with the App for 2022...

The original QR of the ticket won't be necessary anymore as all access will be with Access Ticket, the app will work without wifi once you create the QR, but if something like a non loading bug appears Primavera Sound will have wifi to solve this situation!
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, livenstu said:

So Access Ticket jumped straight onto my query & said the below.  As the other person on here suggested, deleting the app or a reset seems to fix - but bottom line it sounds like the old school wristband combined with the App for 2022...

The original QR of the ticket won't be necessary anymore as all access will be with Access Ticket, the app will work without wifi once you create the QR, but if something like a non loading bug appears Primavera Sound will have wifi to solve this situation!
 

Yeah that sounds fair enough. Glad the QR code works without a connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Although I'm hoping for the contrary I don't see any indication that there would necessarily be wristbands: if the ports at the festival can scan the QR. At the venues: i guess there will be people scanning...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rhak said:

Although I'm hoping for the contrary I don't see any indication that there would necessarily be wristbands: if the ports at the festival can scan the QR. At the venues: i guess there will be people scanning...

They have already confirmed that it will be wristbands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Rhak said:

Although I'm hoping for the contrary I don't see any indication that there would necessarily be wristbands: if the ports at the festival can scan the QR. At the venues: i guess there will be people scanning...

Whilst there will be scanning at the midweek venues (with the Dice tickets), a wristband is much quicker and simpler for getting people into a venue I would assume. Plus if there's any connectivity issues at the numerous venues they've got then it's gonna be a nightmare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

They have already confirmed that it will be wristbands. 

 

32 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Direct confirmation from PS on Twitter seems like a good indication that there will be wristbands.

My bad, my board fever has only picked up recently so I might be missing out on crucial information. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Any idea on when we can expect set times? Would love to start planning properly and focusing my playlists. Only three weeks to go... 

Theyve been saying ‘two weeks before the festival’ for a while now, and they’ve now started replying with ‘soon’ so probably next week.

Edited by FloorFiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Theyve been saying ‘two weeks before the festival’ for a while now, and they’ve now started replying with ‘soon’ so probably next week.

Perfect, thanks! 

Primavera times one week, Glastonbury the next. I'm gonna be seeing clashfinders whenever I close my eyes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...