Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

Adjacent to this there are lots of acts touring that their first show or one of their first shows will be Primavera for a while, for me The National, Slowdive, Beck spring to mind - so really excited to see what their setlists contain after being away for a while. Potentially some newer songs I hope!

Really? Interesting. At least with Beck, newer songs is the last thing I want

7 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

Yeah, I saw them twice on that 2010 run, and none of that stuff was played. I agree that it's highly unlikely they pull many of them out for the festival shows, but I'd absolutely love Black Out and/or Carrot Rope.

It's kinda wild one of those setlists doesn't have Cut Your Hair. Everyone of them has the major few songs (Range Life, Grounded, Spit on a Stranger, Gold Soundz)

if i remember rightly Pavement rehearsed every song for their 2010 reformation, which seems mad. So maybe they're boiling it all down to what doesn't work first, again, before deciding on a list.

last time i saw malkmus he played some pretty obscure pavement b-sides as an encore. 

Edited by Ohjesus

1 minute ago, KGeedora said:

Yeah gotta echo this. I’m expecting The National and Slowdive to play a couple of unreleased songs, but hopefully not too much. 

If Beck can just not play anything post-2010 that’d be great. 

1 minute ago, KGeedora said:

He just came to mind, but his latest stuff has been naff. I was gonna say Massive Attack as well but obviously they're gone now. YYYs will have new stuff, Sky Ferreira, Weyes Blood I can imagine playing new material too.

Damn, I wish they gave the ciutat set-times out an hour or two earlier than they did.

Now that I look at it, I could have went to Beak & King Gizz right after Sons of Kemet with a €15 ticket. But I assume I’ll have no chance now even with my double weekend pass of making both 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah gotta echo this. I’m expecting The National and Slowdive to play a couple of unreleased songs, but hopefully not too much. 

If Beck can just not play anything post-2010 that’d be great. 

Yeah tbf I'm happy with that on Beck too, but I'll likely give him a miss either way

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

He just came to mind, but his latest stuff has been naff. I was gonna say Massive Attack as well but obviously they're gone now. YYYs will have new stuff, Sky Ferreira, Weyes Blood I can imagine playing new material too.

Sky Ferreira should’ve had a bloody new album out last month… and the month before… and every year before.

Half expecting her to have no new tunes at all and just play stuff from her one album and EPs (which, tbf, I’d be fine with…)

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Sky Ferreira should’ve had a bloody new album out last month… and the month before… and every year before.

Half expecting her to have no new tunes at all and just play stuff from her one album and EPs (which, tbf, I’d be fine with…)

Tbf there has been a genuine tease from her this time, and I'm pretty sure a music video has been shot. And this is her first show in a long while, even if Capitol or whatever are dragging their feet with releasing it, I'm hopeful she'll play a couple of new ones.

41 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Magnetic Fields are Playing Parallel 62 right? It's been called Sala Barts up until recently. It's a standing space and I reckon it'll fit 1,500 people in it maybe a tad more. I've seen Angel Olsen, Explosions In The Sky and Tallest Man On Earth there to give you an idea of scale. It's a great venue and I reckon you'll get a spot.

I saw there LCD Soundsystem and Romare. Brilliant venue, probably gonna hit L'Imperatice this time around.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I've changed my mind based on them already publishing the Ciutat schedules and now think we'll get the timetables this week. Probably Friday...

Whenever it is, if it's a weekday, that's me getting no work done, timetabling to within an inch of my life and moaning on here about the clashes I knew were coming... 

57 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

I think Pavement (particularly at a festival) will hit out the major hits with possibly a couple of deep cuts. The arena tour they are doing after Primavera will prob be more of the deep cuts I'd imagine.

Just give me Grounded and I'm okay with whatevs

yep -  bob said as much on the Kreative Kontrol podcast last month re. festival v tour

http://vishkhanna.com/2022/04/05/ep-677-pavement/

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Whenever it is, if it's a weekday, that's me getting no work done, timetabling to within an inch of my life and moaning on here about the clashes I knew were coming... 

As much as I dread clashes, the double weekend + ciutat format does mean these will be the least painful I've ever experienced.

With a difficult clash, the best tip I find is to see the band that you can't see easily (e.g. tours rarely) and then make a point of catching the other act at the first opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

As much as I dread clashes, the double weekend + ciutat format does mean these will be the least painful I've ever experienced.

With a difficult clash, the best tip I find is to see the band that you can't see easily (e.g. tours rarely) and then make a point of catching the other act at the first opportunity. 

1 weekend for me but I'm at Rock Werchter as well. Luckily some overlap there means some of the clashes might not hurt so bad here like Beck and Jorja. 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

90 minutes for Slowdive tho let's gooo

Yeah stoked about this. Also an unusually large gap in between Gizz finishing and Slowdive starting. Secret set of some kind maybe? Or just standing around waiting an hour fifteen for Slowdive to set up all their pedals?