Jump to content

Primavera Sound 2022


daveje

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

You have to remember for that pc music one there was probably about 120 tickets available or something

True, although I think even with the Phoenix/Khruangbin gig AND Interpol at the same time the P.C. Music show is gonna be hella popular and leave a lot of people disappointed. Gonna be nuts for those who do get in though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I couldn't get anything, fingers crossed my w1 + 2 ticket gets me in

Same boat. I’ll see what I can try and do but to be honest my old ass will probably be exhausted enough from two weekends in a row so the enforced music break might do me good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I couldn't get anything, fingers crossed my w1 + 2 ticket gets me in

My honest opinion is if you're trying to get into Razz 1 or Poble Espanyol you'll be fine. Just arrive in good time 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Just saw that Pavement have posted a few possible setlists up on their Instagram. Obviously most of the shit you expect is there, but some surprises too, most prominently for me being Embassy Row which is an absolute favourite of mine but not one they ever really played regularly. Stoked! Really hope we get it or I’ll be gutted (well.. as gutted as you can be after finally seeing Pavement at Primavera after a three year wait…)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gnarler said:

My honest opinion is if you're trying to get into Razz 1 or Poble Espanyol you'll be fine. Just arrive in good time 🙂 

Pretty much the only two im going for, other than the Sons of Kemet one, I picked one up anyway just in case as they were one of my must sees.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, aaalive said:

Seems like all my Ciutat nights will be Razzmatazz. Any thoughts on that huge ass gap between Kero Kero Bonito and Jenny Beth? Should we expect some surprise name?

That’ll be the surprise Arcade Fire, Portishead and Nine Inch Nails appearances

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only gig we're really arsed about is Magnetic Fields so will be attempting to get there nice and early for that. Is it quite a small venue? The others we might see how we feel, but I think exploring Barcelona might be more appealing than more live music at that point.

Would love to see Linda Lindas and Wet Leg on the 1st, but I think we arrive a bit too late really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Only gig we're really arsed about is Magnetic Fields so will be attempting to get there nice and early for that. Is it quite a small venue? The others we might see how we feel, but I think exploring Barcelona might be more appealing than more live music at that point.

Would love to see Linda Lindas and Wet Leg on the 1st, but I think we arrive a bit too late really. 

Its a great city to explore. Cant wait. if im not in bad shape each morning I plan on doing a lot of mooching around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

i noticed that some were 16.50 and some 18.50.

I think the 18.50 is for the "sold-out" shows (you can't buy the tickets, just join the waiting list)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Its a great city to explore. Cant wait. if im not in bad shape each morning I plan on doing a lot of mooching around.

Yeah I've not been since I was a teenager and my partner not at all so we might do a few touristy bits as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Only gig we're really arsed about is Magnetic Fields so will be attempting to get there nice and early for that. Is it quite a small venue? The others we might see how we feel, but I think exploring Barcelona might be more appealing than more live music at that point.

Would love to see Linda Lindas and Wet Leg on the 1st, but I think we arrive a bit too late really. 

Same question about the Magnetic Fields, how packed do you think it will be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, yaniv297 said:

Same question about the Magnetic Fields, how packed do you think it will be?

In 2017, when they played during the festival at Auditori ("premium" show - you had to buy a separate ticket for 5 EUR in order to get in), it was quite packed (I remember only few seats here and there not being occupied). But I have no idea about the capacity difference between Auditori and this year's venue. I also suppose, it will be "standing" concert this year. So didn't help much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Same question about the Magnetic Fields, how packed do you think it will be?

Magnetic Fields are Playing Parallel 62 right? It's been called Sala Barts up until recently. It's a standing space and I reckon it'll fit 1,500 people in it maybe a tad more. I've seen Angel Olsen, Explosions In The Sky and Tallest Man On Earth there to give you an idea of scale. It's a great venue and I reckon you'll get a spot.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Magnetic Fields are Playing Parallel 62 right? It's been called Sala Barts up until recently. It's a standing space and I reckon it'll fit 1,500 people in it maybe a tad more. I've seen Angel Olsen, Explosions In The Sky and Tallest Man On Earth there to give you an idea of scale. It's a great venue and I reckon you'll get a spot.

Thanks, good to know!

 

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

 Just saw that Pavement have posted a few possible setlists up on their Instagram. Obviously most of the shit you expect is there, but some surprises too, most prominently for me being Embassy Row which is an absolute favourite of mine but not one they ever really played regularly. Stoked! Really hope we get it or I’ll be gutted (well.. as gutted as you can be after finally seeing Pavement at Primavera after a three year wait…)

I think the takeaway (even if not surprising) is that Harness Your Hopes is listed there. It wasn't played at all in their 2010 tour, but than it famously somehow became their most popular song on Spotify (something something algorithm), so looks like they put it in their setlist now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

 Just saw that Pavement have posted a few possible setlists up on their Instagram. Obviously most of the shit you expect is there, but some surprises too, most prominently for me being Embassy Row which is an absolute favourite of mine but not one they ever really played regularly. Stoked! Really hope we get it or I’ll be gutted (well.. as gutted as you can be after finally seeing Pavement at Primavera after a three year wait…)

I think Pavement (particularly at a festival) will hit out the major hits with possibly a couple of deep cuts. The arena tour they are doing after Primavera will prob be more of the deep cuts I'd imagine.

Just give me Grounded and I'm okay with whatevs

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, KGeedora said:

I think Pavement (particularly at a festival) will hit out the major hits with possibly a couple of deep cuts. The arena tour they are doing after Primavera will prob be more of the deep cuts I'd imagine.

Just give me Grounded and I'm okay with whatevs

I’m going to their Manchester show later in the year so hopefully I get the best of both worlds.

Absolutely salivating at the thought of hearing some of these songs live. The announcement that they were playing seems like forever ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thespiral said:

I think I'm going to transfer to a friend via Dice first ....this Accessticket App fills me with dread😂

Dice wouldn't let me transfer the weekend2 upgrade so this was my only hope!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Pavement setlist seems to have quite a few stuff they didn't play at all in 2010.

Harness Your hopes, Major Leagues, Filmore Jive, Forklift, The Porpoise & The Hand Grenade, Black Out, No Tan Lines, Type Slowly, Folk Jam, Carrot Rope (Generally loads of terror twilight stuff), Speak see Remember, Be the hook, Billie, Platform Blues, Painted soliders, Cream of Gold, Half a Canyon, etc.

Very low chance those deep cuts are played in Primavera (other than Harness which is a major hit now) but still cool to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...