Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, JB15 said:

Predicted arcade fire timeline:

- announce tour (done, 06/05)

- tickets on sale (13/05) to let fans buy them

- oh and weirdly the following week, the Primavera timetable is out with arcade fire being added so fans who already have bought tickets see them twice in the same year 

Don't do this to yourself mate.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Predicted arcade fire timeline:

- announce tour (done, 06/05)

- tickets on sale (13/05) to let fans buy them

- oh and weirdly the following week, the Primavera timetable is out with arcade fire being added so fans who already have bought tickets see them twice in the same year 

I respect the optimism but surely not!

19 minutes ago, TedHandy said:

My word 😔 RIP Thursday, the day has taken one hell of a beating. 

Anyone care to recommend me some of the electronic acts playing weekend 1? All the DJs I know of are playing weekend 2 😵

DJ Shadow, Honey Dijon, Call Super, Shanti Celeste, Afrodeutsche, Blawan, Aurora Halal, Jeff Mills, Autechre, Blawan, Buttechno, Deena Abdelwahed, Jasmine Infiniti, DJ Harvey, Disclosure, Boy Harsher, Lorenzo Senni, Leon Vynehall, Ben UFO, DJ Stingray.. you absolutely won't struggle to find anything.

Edited by jannybruck

26 minutes ago, TedHandy said:

Anyone care to recommend me some of the electronic acts playing weekend 1? All the DJs I know of are playing weekend 2 😵

I saw CRYSTALLMESS play in BCN a few months ago and she was amazing. She's playing the first Thursday and will definitely be putting on a fat show.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

DJ Shadow, Honey Dijon, Call Super, Shanti Celeste, Afrodeutsche, Blawan, Aurora Halal, Jeff Mills, Autechre, Blawan, Buttechno, Deena Abdelwahed, Jasmine Infiniti, DJ Harvey, Disclosure, Boy Harsher, Lorenzo Senni, Leon Vynehall, Ben UFO, DJ Stingray.. you absolutely won't struggle to find anything.

Also Evian Christ and VTSS.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

23 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

that new single (Unconditional Love?) is legitimately the worst song I've heard this year. It sounds like Mumford & Sons spliced with a Youtube ad for a P&O cruise line

Man, I'm dying for the timetable. 

I really don't get the hate. Nothing wrong with that song in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I really don't get the hate. Nothing wrong with that song in my opinion. 

Each to their own. It's just almost everything I could personally hate in a song. That triumphant quasi-folk instrumental was something I thought was dead and buried 5 years ago

Just now, Martin_89 said:

I don't really get people that hate some music that much. I just don't bother if I don't like it. The new is pretty decent, but not really Arcade Fire quality we are used to.

Well, I mean I would say I hate Mumford & Sons etc, but I wouldn't feel the necessity to voice that opinion. Like, I've bought tickets to Arcade Fire before. I feel like that makes me invested. If they put out some new stuff I truly hate, I don't feel like there's anything wrong with speaking on it. It's not just some random band I've never supported. Like, If I talk trash on Metallica's butt rock period, it's only because I adored their thrash period and I'm utterly perplexed by a group so talented reducing themselves to the middle of the road

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

There must be so many bands who would be up for replacing Massive Attack, Brockhampton etc. 

I reckon Gabi has just put his phone on silent and is ignoring them all. 

Yep, like I mentioned earlier, Glastonbury are actually having to turn away acts requesting to play because the lineup is too full (Parcels apparently being one of them). Granted, that’s Glastonbury, so obviously it’s the festival to play this year so demand will obviously be high, but still, I’m sure there’s no shortage of acts who would be willing to jump on a major festival lineup like Primavera’s, and it’s pretty disheartening to see big acts dropping out and not being replaced by acts remotely of the same calibre.

2 hours ago, TedHandy said:

DJ Shadow is legendary but you won't be dancing, good for a wind down and to see some authentic mixing and scratching