Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, gibble said:

Can anyone tell me where the Wet Leg gig will be on June 1st? I'm slightly confused by many aspects of this trip but very much looking forward to it!

It will be at Poble Espanyol.

Info from the Primavera site: which will take place on the 1st of June in the Poble Espanyol (with performances by Rina Sawayama, Wet Leg and Teto Preto) and the Sala Upload (with the shows of Tayhana, KOKOKO!, DJ Travella and De1l Girlz x Dani Rev).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gibble said:

Can anyone tell me where the Wet Leg gig will be on June 1st? I'm slightly confused by many aspects of this trip but very much looking forward to it!

10 mins up a hill called Montjuic from metro stop Espanya.

Guessing they’ll be on stage about 9pm.

Edited by xxialac
  • Thanks 1

I understood from PS' reply on twitter that girl in red is still playing the festival. I am fully aware that it might easily change if her recovery is not that quick as expected but at least it's not cancelled yet!

image.png.fd21086f93be5fb5d7538efec7360ab5.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pipan said:

I understood from PS' reply on twitter that girl in red is still playing the festival. I am fully aware that it might easily change if her recovery is not that quick as expected but at least it's not cancelled yet!

image.png.fd21086f93be5fb5d7538efec7360ab5.png

Nice! They’ve confirmed her concert in BCN this month is cancelled but fingers crossed the major festivals are going ahead. 

27 minutes ago, Float said:

Nice! They’ve confirmed her concert in BCN this month is cancelled but fingers crossed the major festivals are going ahead. 

I can't see it being likely, they've had a lot of issues and don't seem to have rested the voice much except cancelling a few gigs. I could be wrong but other musicians have had to have surgery for the same thing, hopefully they recover soon

14 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I can't see it being likely, they've had a lot of issues and don't seem to have rested the voice much except cancelling a few gigs. I could be wrong but other musicians have had to have surgery for the same thing, hopefully they recover soon

Yeah really don’t see her being recovered in time for the festival this late on. Just a matter of time before she pulls out I imagine.

The Thursday has gone from being just insanely stacked to slightly more manageable (yet still stacked) and I bet all the stuff I want to see still ends up bloody clashing. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah really don’t see her being recovered in time for the festival this late on. Just a matter of time before she pulls out I imagine.

The Thursday has gone from being just insanely stacked to slightly more manageable (yet still stacked) and I bet all the stuff I want to see still ends up bloody clashing. 

There is absolutely no way she can play a gig in four weeks if there is severe vocal damage. Zach Condon from Beirut did have to cancel part of his 2019 tour bc of it and it took him around a year to recover from it. 

15 hours ago, Float said:

Saw a post that two Brazilian acts (Badsista & Bala Desejo) have self-confirmed themselves to play Primavera

Primavera Pro names are out now.

Bala Desejo are included but not Badsista. Badsista are playing the LatAm Primavera so guess was just a mistake with their promoter to have them down for Barcelona.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Bala Desejo are included but not Badsista. Badsista are playing the LatAm Primavera so guess was just a mistake with their promoter to have them down for Barcelona.

14 minutes ago, pipan said:

Can absolutely recommend My Ugly Clementine

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks like Badsista are definitely in Europe at the time and have Primavera Barcelona listed. Maybe a late addition? There could be hope for more.

C95B9052-E8A7-4D19-BC61-5FB795A15FF1.jpeg

Have to say the excitement is getting very real now, almost a bit nervous it's SO close!  Been a bit behind with the line up & I'm discovering so much great stuff (I'm sure repeating things here but...)

Angel Bat Dawid,  Moonchild Sanelly, Arooj Aftab, IC3PEAK, Pom Pom Squad, John Glacier, KOKOKO! are now all must sees, plus everything else from weekend 1.  One month to go!!

Hi Arcade Fire if you are reading this I think you should capitalize the hype around your album by coming to PS this year because I think it's not as strong as you think and nobody will be speaking about it next weekend when Kendrick and the smile drop, so do not even think about next year. 🙃

It's sad to see but Arcade Fire have lost it. That's two albums in a row that lack depth and sparkle. Some of their newer songs are embarrassing even.

That said, they're still fantastic live and by next year or whenever they next play PS they'll still be mostly bashing out the hits (and not the newer, weaker material).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's sad to see but Arcade Fire have lost it. That's two albums in a row that lack depth and sparkle. Some of their newer songs are embarrassing even.

That said, they're still fantastic live and by next year or whenever they next play PS they'll still be mostly bashing out the hits (and not the newer, weaker material).

Agreed.  I really hope Primavera don't waste the cash on Arcade Fire if that is a possibility - they could book 4-5 great smaller acts (at a guess) for the money they'd throw away on Arcade Fire (coming from someone who was down the front at their 2014 show).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In the end I don't see Arcade Fire playing this year for all manner of reasons.

Will be interesting to see who they replace MA with. And the 20th anniversary surprises! They did promise surprises...

I think it's either this year or nothing though.  As with other names mentioned previously, such as Sigur Ros or Rosalia, I don't see their timing align with PS23 (while I would rather bet on NIN, Travis Scott and Bjork for the next edition). 

If I were PS I wouldn't put my money on Arcade Fire for next year. The hype will be gone and the younger (and larger) part of the crowd will certainly be drawn in by other (not necessarily mainstream or pop-adjacent) names. 

Edited by Whos3000_

Predicted arcade fire timeline:

- announce tour (done, 06/05)

- tickets on sale (13/05) to let fans buy them

- oh and weirdly the following week, the Primavera timetable is out with arcade fire being added so fans who already have bought tickets see them twice in the same year 

• Upvote 1