Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

16 minutes ago, purplecowz said:

Because a) a significant headliner playing both weekends dropped out and hasn't been replaced on the poster b) this festival has a long history of randomly adding surprise acts and c) the poster is incredibly unbalanced and they didn't promote anyone to a headliner, which they could have EASILY.

EDIT: To reply to the rest of your post, I didn't even look at their Instagram so my conclusions have nothing to do with social media.

Ok I misunderstood your post. I though by "drop some headliners" you meant fewer headliners not more.  I wouldn't rule out one more big name, but I really think many here don't realise how unusual the demand is this year and it might just be impossible to bring in someone big.

The second part of my post had nothing to do with yours but was aimed at a comment further above

1 minute ago, purplecowz said:

Not sure what about it is impossible. There are tons of options for headliner adds right now. Arcade Fire, NIN, Vampire Weekend, the list goes on

Both Arcade Fire and NIN are almost definitely lined up for next year. Both big ticket sellers for the festival so really unlikely they’ll be drafted in as a last minute replacement. Vampire Weekend probably also fit in to that bracket. If they get a replacement, I’d expect somebody significantly less spectacular, although I agree that there should definitely be something, even if it’s something underwhelming like Jamie xx replacing Frank Ocean in 2017. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Both Arcade Fire and NIN are almost definitely lined up for next year. Both big ticket sellers for the festival so really unlikely they’ll be drafted in as a last minute replacement. Vampire Weekend probably also fit in to that bracket. If they get a replacement, I’d expect somebody significantly less spectacular, although I agree that there should definitely be something, even if it’s something underwhelming like Jamie xx replacing Frank Ocean in 2017. 

OK well they were just examples that headliner-level bands that fit PS are available, though I appreciate the analysis.

Also noticed the RHCP concert in Barcelona on June 7th previously had A$AP Rocky as guest but that’s now been changed to Nas. 

A$AP is still appearing at their other dates though. I wonder if he now has somewhere else to be in Barcelona that night..

4 minutes ago, Float said:

Also noticed the RHCP concert in Barcelona on June 7th previously had A$AP Rocky as guest but that’s now been changed to Nas. 

A$AP is still appearing at their other dates though. I wonder if he now has somewhere else to be in Barcelona that night..

Damn, I'd have loved Nas 🤣

Has anyone who purchased their ticket via Dice received an email that’s been mentioned before? I know someone on here emailed Dice and didn’t get a response. I purchased my ticket via their resale and first time attending the festival. So just wondering when I should expect it etc. cheers 

1 minute ago, Matt1976 said:

Has anyone who purchased their ticket via Dice received an email that’s been mentioned before? I know someone on here emailed Dice and didn’t get a response. I purchased my ticket via their resale and first time attending the festival. So just wondering when I should expect it etc. cheers 

I Think someone here wrote they said the email should come in May

• Thanks 1

I think the frustration regarding the first weekend is valid. Especially going back to the first announcement and for people not staying much before or after the weekend. 

The first Thursday looks pretty weak now compared to other days and I’m still hoping for a big (ish) addition 

5 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

I think the frustration regarding the first weekend is valid. Especially going back to the first announcement and for people not staying much before or after the weekend. 

The first Thursday looks pretty weak now compared to other days and I’m still hoping for a big (ish) addition 

Didn't spot that Bjork was on the S.America Primaveras. She's the most likely now, surely?

54 minutes ago, DDave said:

Didn't spot that Bjork was on the S.America Primaveras. She's the most likely now, surely?

No. The SA PS are in October/November. No indication whatsoever for PS BCN. Just look at the Lollapaloozas. SA editions have hardly any main acts that appear in chicago, Berlin, Stockholm or Paris.

There is currently not a single act mentioned here that is any more than wishful thinking. 

Edited by Quadrophobia

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/nobody-is-normal--el-protocolo-de-primavera-sound-para-un-festival-en-el-que-cabe-todo-menos-la-discriminacion

This is a great initiative and I am pleased to see it continue this year. Good to know that there are actions that can be taken to help stop harassment and discrimination so we can all just enjoy the music.

33 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

No. The SA PS are in October/November. No indication whatsoever for PS BCN. Just look at the Lollapaloozas. SA editions have hardly any main acts that appear in chicago, Berlin, Stockholm or Paris.

There is currently not a single act mentioned here that is any more than wishful thinking. 

She's in Europe the week after Primavera? 

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

She's in Europe the week after Primavera? 

Yeah, with an orchestral tour that is even harder to plan with than a normal tour of that size. 

The last years we had acts like Skepta and Miley that had easy to put on productions and both only did rather short sets, if I remember correctly. The expectations here might just be too high.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I see Grace Jones as realistic.

Has been booked before, not too expensive, definitely at headliner level (and great performer), only has to fly in from London, not a large entourage and has a small handful of dates starting 10 June. 

2 hours ago, Float said:

Well, A$AP was supposed to support RHCP in Budapest as well but that has been now also changed to Nas.