Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There are about 150 bands for La Ciutat. How many errors are there? Seems a very small number...

I feel more confident at this stage about which of these Ciutat venues I'll attend, compared to what bands I will see at the main event as god knows what clashes there will be there.

Errors may not be too many, but rhem show that La Ciutat programme may not be closed yet.

Ride as TBD, Phoenix (are in the poster but were never mentioned as playing during the week), Boy Pablo and Cuco are not listed...these are some that I remember.

I am not syaing that the distribution is not correct. I am just not taking it as final one (in the end, it might be).

MeMeMeM: Boy Pablo is listed as playing Poble Espanyol on the 5th.

It feels very possible that they would add more bands to the Poble Espanyol like Ride that were previously announced for that stage. But maybe the Poble Espanyol area will not be open for the Monday and Tuesday? Considering that those days will be a bit more low key and a lot of local people will wanna work a couple of days in between the weekends. Also international visitors of week 1 might leave after the Sunday and week 2 visitors might not arrive until Wednesday. 

19 hours ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

MeMeMeM: Boy Pablo is listed as playing Poble Espanyol on the 5th.

It feels very possible that they would add more bands to the Poble Espanyol like Ride that were previously announced for that stage. But maybe the Poble Espanyol area will not be open for the Monday and Tuesday? Considering that those days will be a bit more low key and a lot of local people will wanna work a couple of days in between the weekends. Also international visitors of week 1 might leave after the Sunday and week 2 visitors might not arrive until Wednesday. 

I was also thinking this - could the RHCP concert at Olympic stadium on the Tuesday mean no gigs at Poble Espanyol that day? 
I’ve never been but they look to be very close geographically. 

2 hours ago, Float said:

I was also thinking this - could the RHCP concert at Olympic stadium on the Tuesday mean no gigs at Poble Espanyol that day? 
I’ve never been but they look to be very close geographically. 

If I remember, in 2011 they had some concerts at the Poble Espanyol (Mercury Rev I think) the same night Shakira was playing in the Olympic Stadium.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

If I remember, in 2011 they had some concerts at the Poble Espanyol (Mercury Rev I think) the same night Shakira was playing in the Olympic Stadium.

yes you remember correctly. i was stumbling around Montjuïc after the Mercury Rev show trying to work out which female stadium act was banging them out in the background!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Partner finally sorted out flights today, told her to do it long ago so they've shot up, we've ended up bolting on an extra day either side to just hang around Barca and get cheaper flights. Rather spend that flight money on good food and drink! 

1 hour ago, JIMBO666 said:

OM UK tour that wrapped around Primavera is off - not 100% sure if this affects the Primavera dates 😢

1646214385160.jpg

damn, I get that for the lower level bands this could still be a hard decision. I don't really know what they are thinking could cancel shows at this point. Is it war?

5 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

damn, I get that for the lower level bands this could still be a hard decision. I don't really know what they are thinking could cancel shows at this point. Is it war?

No, it's entirely covid.

Covid cases may be falling but they are still high and there are still issues with travel and potential restrictions, particularly in regard to indoor venues.

Very different scenario for bands starting their tours in a couple of months.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No, it's entirely covid.

Covid cases may be falling but they are still high and there are still issues with travel and potential restrictions, particularly in regard to indoor venues.

Very different scenario for bands starting their tours in a couple of months.

OM's tour was supposed to start on the 13th May right? That's only like 3 weeks before Primavera. If they're thinking May will still be difficult for touring, that's essentially the same problem for most acts who have tours/shows planned around Primavera

2 minutes ago, KGeedora said:

OM's tour was supposed to start on the 13th May right? That's only like 3 weeks before Primavera. If they're thinking May will still be difficult for touring, that's essentially the same problem for most acts who have tours/shows planned around Primavera

You're completely right. 

Can only think it's the band being very risk-averse (that said, there is a high chance of a new wave but even if so not likely to be one now that leads to widespread closures) or they are using implied covid issues as a smokescreen for the real reason they are cancelling.

Really disappointing news about Om cancelling their tour. My fifth notice of cancelled gigs in just a few days. I guess it is better to prepare mentally for the cancellation of plenty of smaller bands coming from far away. Hopefully they will be able to find some nice replacements from Spain or other parts of Europe. 

14 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Really disappointing news about Om cancelling their tour. My fifth notice of cancelled gigs in just a few days. I guess it is better to prepare mentally for the cancellation of plenty of smaller bands coming from far away. Hopefully they will be able to find some nice replacements from Spain or other parts of Europe. 

There are some bigger US acts that I'm already trying to mentally prepare for (Earl, Pavement). I mean, I think them coming is more likely than not, but I'm starting to lose the ability to cope pleasantly with bad news after bad news

funny story - a friend just told me she'd read somewhere 'reliable' that primavera was being moved to september.

i asked her where she got her info from and she said it was the efestivals forum page. i scrambled over here only to find nothing. i asked her again. then she realised it was last year's PS forum she was reading. don't ask me why.

i nearly had a heart attack. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ohjesus said:

funny story - a friend just told me she'd read somewhere 'reliable' that primavera was being moved to september.

i asked her where she got her info from and she said it was the efestivals forum page. i scrambled over here only to find nothing. i asked her again. then she realised it was last year's PS forum she was reading. don't ask me why.

i nearly had a heart attack. 

You think that's bad, I've just heard that Frank Ocean has dropped out.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1