Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just now, TapeRecorder said:

Genesis Owusu just put on a hell of a set

Set of the weekend. Small-ish crowd but everybody was well up for it and he absolutely nailed it. Love seeing these smaller acts early on who just seem to love what they’re doing, unlike some of the later bigger acts where it’s just another payday. His suit jacket was pissing wet with sweat by the end.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody I met at the festival who’s friend apparently works in the biz has told them that they’ve got some big big stuff lined up for next year headliner-wise. She didn’t know any more than that as obviously their friend couldn’t let the cat out of the bag this early, but something to speculate over anyway. 

My bet is on Travis 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

NIN, Arctic Moneys, Bjork, Arcade Fire, Rosalia, Travis Scott. 

I agree with you. Not sure about Rosalia since she will have already toured a lot by then. Arctic monkeys also, possibly? As for the others, they are the most likely for sure. If there is no Rosalia they will book some other pop star (can’t see who right now). portishead or mbv as the possibile surprises, too. In these years or speculations we have all learnt who Ps can’t book so I’d leave out already Kendrick Lamar and frank ocean (coachella exclusive again?)

100% will go again next year. that fucking vip area in the middle of the main stage creating all those bottlenecks was very stupid but nothing I can’t stand in exchange of the best line up in the world, since I love going to gigs/festival exc exc. but not replacing MA ending up with two/four of the very big names out… that I (and more casualgoers) can’t stand. Very bad move that crucially damaged their reputation imo 

Edited by Whos3000_
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

100% will go again next year. that fucking vip area in the middle of the main stage creating all those bottlenecks was very stupid but nothing I can’t stand in exchange of the best line up in the world, since I love going to gigs/festival exc exc. but not replacing MA ending up with two/four of the very big names out… that I (and more casualgoers) can’t stand. Very bad move that crucially damaged their reputation imo 

Also the lack of water thing...unacceptable imo

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Friends have just come in and said there are dogs at the gates and saw somebody getting fully searched, gloves on and everything. Seem to have really ramped up security these past couple of days. 

I saw dogs and vans last Saturday as well but that was the one day I didn’t get thoroughly searched. It’s really random

3 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Speaking of 'by-the-numbers' shows - Dua Lipa was the only disappointment for me across the two weekends (so far, those pesky YYYs could ruin it yet). Her set was fine, but so overly choreographed and rehearsed that it felt more like watching a musical than it did a live show, and I really enjoy a lot of her music. My GF mentioned how it was effectively just watching high-end dance troupes vibe to a Dua Lipa album, and I agree. Compared to the off the cuff Strokes set, it's night and day for me.

Wasn't in week 2 but I definitely sympathize with that. Reminds me of Tame Impala (who, full disclosure, I can't stand) -> Pavement. Tame Impala's set with the huge lightning rig just felt more like a light show, well rehearsed, perfectly played, minimal improvisation (other than the Strokes cover which was the best moment of their set by far). Than Pavement with their sloppiness and real energy were just a thousand times better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rhak said:

I saw dogs and vans last Saturday as well but that was the one day I didn’t get thoroughly searched. It’s really random

I’ve not seen any of that coming in, but then I’ve been turning up at around 5 every day so they must increase security later in the day when more people are coming in, no doubt to meet a quota of drugs found or whatever.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

The site is a tonne less busy than at the same time last week.

Yeah I was really expecting this week to be busy as shit due to all the pop and electronic stuff on which tends to attract crowds but it’s not been half as bad as last week. Not sure if the crowds are just distributed more or if there are genuinely just less people here. 

8 minutes ago, Bram said:

Relax…they will come during Tame Impala. Right now, I imagine most of the youngsters at BITS waiting for Romy performance 🙂

Or trying to rest their legs at Cupra while seeing Celeste 🙂 already tough to find a place to sit 15 min before the set.