Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Brittany Murphy was phenomenal, Lorde was entertaining, Strokes performed better than in PS 2015 (I think Julian kind of sober today), MIA was frickin fun and the Smile was …pretty quiet but Jonny is always the Dude!!!. Left early to catch the last Metro and missing RTJ  🥲. Today was overcrowded but I had fun. saw in IG apparently there’s issue in BITS gate with many people pissed off unable to see Grimes.

Too tired to walk from RTJ to Black Coffee (Tous) and we went home around 0300.

- Sampa The Great was a nice start to the day, saw the first 30 min.

- Cautious Clay - not my kind of music, but obviously a talented guy. Plentitude is too close to the Boiler Room stage, and the noise from the DJ set at BR was way too loud. Left after 15 min. 

- Brittany Howard - loved it. 

- Rigoberta Bandini - wow, the concert of the festival so far. By a mile.

- Strokes - crowded, but not uncomfortable on the left side ca mid-Mordor. Crowd was pretty dead, but a bunch of people left during the set we were able to move forward and dance with other fans during the last 1/3. Julian talked A LOT tonight, too much for my taste. 

- MIA - the surprise of the night, especially the first half. Great crowd and space to dance pretty close to the stage

- RTJ - what happened here? Not a lot of people, and the crowd was pretty dead. RTJ was of course professional and it never got weird, but the lack of intensity in the crowd was a bit embarrasing. We left mid set.

All in all a great day 2! No problems at the bars and we did not experience any problems with the crowd. The food this year is also a winner for us.

Tomorrow we are thinking Pond, YYY, Fred Again and Angele. No plan other than that. 

Haha. Okay, the thing people are pissed about now is the fact that the organizers had to close the Bits area before (during?) Grimes' DJ-set because of too many people. Just got a text from a friend who said it was still closed when Black Coffee started, but they got in about ten min later. People standing in the queue was really angry.

Im just glad that they had some kind of crowd control, but obviously has underestimated Grimes' popularity.

We were surprised they were enforcing the mask rule on the buses, don't think they did on the three other nights we took the bus. We got talking to some women who weren't allowed on cos they didn't have masks - they'd queued with us for about 30-40 minutes and in that time no one was going up and down the queue telling people masks were mandatory. Wasting people's time there, especially when the rules were inconsistently applied.

7 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I swear it's a rule that some twat has to start a fight at a strokes gig. Didn't multiple happen at APE when they played.

Hope you're okay bud

Yeah we saw a huge fight to the left hand side of the stage during the Strokes set at APE.

But given most people seem to want to get absolutely trashed at APE that wasn't a surprise either.

3 hours ago, pne094 said:

Haha. Okay, the thing people are pissed about now is the fact that the organizers had to close the Bits area before (during?) Grimes' DJ-set because of too many people. Just got a text from a friend who said it was still closed when Black Coffee started, but they got in about ten min later. People standing in the queue was really angry.

Im just glad that they had some kind of crowd control, but obviously has underestimated Grimes' popularity.

So, basically, the main area is so overcrowded, because noone is at BITS, but when people for once want to go to BITS, it becomes so overcrowded there, they have to close it. It seems that this year's festival was designed in a way that at every moment there is a specific amount of people (not lower or higher) in each area of the venue. If only people move that predictably.

After this, I think they just have to sell less tickets next year or change the venue (which surely is not an option for 2023).

I skipped yesterday, I don't know if it was sunburn, total exhaustion after 8 days of festivaling or some kind of quick covid, but I just couldn't get out of bed, whole body ached, fever. So, I can't cross The Strokes from my bucket list yet. No sore throat, no coughing, no sneezing and I'm feeling better now, so hopefully I will be able to do some short festival run tonight without too much walking (RBCF - Confeti de Odio - Angele - (maybe) Jessie Ware).

Well, I'm definitely not doing this 2 weekends thing in the future.

7 hours ago, pne094 said:

Rigoberta Bandini an all time top 5 Primavera performance for me. The crowd was amazing, and it was non stop bangers from start to finish.

Exactly my thoughts after their last week's performance at Cupra.

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Same. It's been an experience but my whole body is aching and I've still got Glasto to do too. Definitely feel the difference being on concrete for hours rather than grass.

Huge respect to you guys doing two weekends. No way I could. My feet hurt way more after three days at Primavera than five at Glastonbury! Partly the concrete, partly probably sitting and chilling more at Glastonbury I reckon. 

6 hours ago, hollyzone said:

We were surprised they were enforcing the mask rule on the buses, don't think they did on the three other nights we took the bus. We got talking to some women who weren't allowed on cos they didn't have masks - they'd queued with us for about 30-40 minutes and in that time no one was going up and down the queue telling people masks were mandatory. Wasting people's time there, especially when the rules were inconsistently applied.

The need to wear masks on public transport is set by Spanish law. If I travel to another country I accept that I have to respect their rules.

Don’t agree that people should expect to be reminded of something that is law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, xxialac said:

The need to wear masks on public transport is set by Spanish law. If I travel to another country I accept that I have to respect their rules.

Don’t agree that people should expect to be reminded of something that is law.

What I don't get is how did they get to the festival without a mask? Did they not wear them on the metro or tram to get there? So surely you'd have one in your bag/pocket.

They didn't enforce it when we got the bus though.