Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Based on past years, is there any chance of any merch showing up online? For some reason I thought it only made sense to look on the last day, fancied a t shirt and then obviously were all gone. 

Most things got restocked today.. so I’d make it down here soon

edit: unless you’re weekend 1 then nvm

Edited by Glenn Coco

Don’t know if it’s just the security guys I’ve gone to but they seem to be a bit more thorough on bag checks this week. Got a basic rummage last week but basically fuck all, but this week they’re going through tobacco pouches, mint tins and properly lifting everything up to check for anything not allowed in/drugs. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t know if it’s just the security guys I’ve gone to but they seem to be a bit more thorough on bag checks this week. Got a basic rummage last week but basically fuck all, but this week they’re going through tobacco pouches, mint tins and properly lifting everything up to check for anything not allowed in/drugs. 

I saw someone yesterday open up his bag for security to have rummage, whilst holding all his inappropriate stuff in his left hand just out of the eye of the security guard as the bag covered the line of sight of his hand. Genius.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I saw someone yesterday open up his bag for security to have rummage, whilst holding all his inappropriate stuff in his left hand just out of the eye of the security guard as the bag covered the line of sight of his hand. Genius.

Ha yeah it’s not hard to get stuff in if you use a tiny bit of your brain. No pat downs or anything like that so anything on your person is basically guaranteed to get in.

CMAT was so fucking good. Almost considered missing her as was in a rush, was having a bad come down and couldn’t be arsed with the long walk to Bits, but damn so glad I made the effort. Knocked the shitty feeling right out of me. What a joy. What a talent. Crowd was so up for it. Just bought tickets to her Manchester show later in the year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jumbulance said:

Also really enjoyed Barcelona having not been before and it didn't really seem as unsafe as some have suggested.

A guy in a group I know was robbed for all belongings when he walked home alone drunk. This was just outside the festival premises. Probably regarded as an easy target because he was visibly drunk. He refused to give away his belongings then they used violence with chokehold etc. He even passed out for a while. He got a psychological reaction to what happened and was at his hotel room for the rest of the festival. 

I'm unsure how people sit on this but I spoke to a friend who went Primavera the weekend gone.

Now this is the typical festival they would go to. Interestingly they said it was alright but it's organised quite poor and way too populated to a point you struggle to see all the bands you want.

They have attended, Jodrell Bank, Boomtown and Glastonbury as festivals here at least. Possibly Bestival too.

Just now, puckno said:

A guy in a group I know was robbed for all belongings when he walked home alone drunk. This was just outside the festival premises. Probably regarded as an easy target because he was visibly drunk. He refused to give away his belongings then they used violence with chokehold etc. He even passed out for a while. He got a psychological reaction to what happened and was at his hotel room for the rest of the festival. 

Not blaming him for what happened but refusing to give up your belongings to criminals is not a smart idea. Possessions can be replaced…

Barcelona is notorious for being very high on petty crime but not for violent crime.

3 hours ago, brosch said:

It’s Sampa the Great - not Sampha.

I’ll start with Khea on tous stage. That should be fun

SAMPA THE GREAT (sorry brosch 😅) great at Binance right now.

Btw agree on some of the security being more thorough. The guy next to me got caught with some stuff after a proper check (nothing happened other than the security taking the substance), while the guy who checked me didnt care, just let me right through.

Edited by pne094
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, puckno said:

That's fucking horrible. Hope he's doing a bit better now.

26 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not blaming him for what happened but refusing to give up your belongings to criminals is not a smart idea. Possessions can be replaced…

Barcelona is notorious for being very high on petty crime but not for violent crime.

It is stupid and I never thought I would do that until I did get mugged myself (years ago now!) and really resisted. Got shoved to the floor for my troubles but could have been a lot worse. It's mad what you do when you're drunk and in the moment, though.

I was expecting Barcelona to feel a lot more unsafe actually after hearing so many people talk about pickpockets but it didn't feel that different to other big cities I've been in where I'd always be careful of my belongings anyway. 

Don’t know if it’s just because the crowd is pretty sparse so it’s more noticeable, but there seems to be a pretty big security presence at Mordor right now. Seen several groups of 4/5 guys marching around - wonder if there have been any instances that have prompted it. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t know if it’s just because the crowd is pretty sparse so it’s more noticeable, but there seems to be a pretty big security presence at Mordor right now. Seen several groups of 4/5 guys marching around - wonder if there have been any instances that have prompted it. 

The first weekend I witnessed multiple aggro instances with security in and around Mordor specifically. Whatever company they've contracted for this year is noticably more "into it" than previous years.

Don't want to bum anyone out by detailing what happened but let's just say they were completely disproportionate responses and really made me hyper-aware whenever I saw a security person.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It is stupid and I never thought I would do that until I did get mugged myself (years ago now!) and really resisted. Got shoved to the floor for my troubles but could have been a lot worse. It's mad what you do when you're drunk and in the moment, though.

I was expecting Barcelona to feel a lot more unsafe actually after hearing so many people talk about pickpockets but it didn't feel that different to other big cities I've been in where I'd always be careful of my belongings anyway. 

Absolutely.

I've never felt unsafe walking around Barcelona, whereas there there have definitely been many times in London where I've felt threatened. The main thing to avoid is to walk around Ciutat Vella very late at night on your own, unless you can pass for a local. Most of the city's dodgy characters hang out there as there are so many drunk tourists that make for easy marks.

2 minutes ago, Ildavo said:

So we tried to use the ticket carryover credit and we were told to it could only be used at bars 5 and 17. Whereabouts are they? Ta!

They're marked with AT/Access ticket logo on the festival map. You need to go through a slightly dull "process" at the bar to redeem it which neither punters or the bar people seem to enjoy doing, so don't expect it to be as easy as just tapping your phone. I'd try and use it all at once if you can.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

The first weekend I witnessed multiple aggro instances with security in and around Mordor specifically. Whatever company they've contracted for this year is noticably more "into it" than previous years.

Don't want to bum anyone out by detailing what happened but let's just say they were completely disproportionate responses and really made me hyper-aware whenever I saw a security person.

Yeah I’d just poured some booze from one of my pouches in to a cup and I absolutely shit myself when I saw them marching my way, but thankfully they weren’t coming for me. 

Tbf, there seemed to be a huge amount of dickheads last night, especially for the likes of Dua Lipa, so wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve upped security a little if they’ve received a large amount of complaints or whatever.

10 minutes ago, Ildavo said:

So we tried to use the ticket carryover bar credit and we were told to it could only be used at bars 5 and 17. Whereabouts are they? Ta!

You may use them at these bars (marked AT):

image.thumb.png.75434fc4c562855ed8814acfe734986c.png

Edited by puckno
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

agreed, and! they just took my bottle lid - clearly i was a risk lol