Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Haha. Yeah, the Primavera I know and loved is definately dead. Its okay though, I am probably an nostalgic guy who is too old.

I just spent 20 min to get out of Mordor between 20 year olds vomiting around me. Dua Lipa are headlining and got by far the best reception. The crowd for Interpol was pretty dead..

1 hour ago, pne094 said:

Haha. Yeah, the Primavera I know and loved is definately dead. Its okay though, I am probably an nostalgic guy who is too old.

I just spent 20 min to get out of Mordor between 20 year olds vomiting around me. Dua Lipa are headlining and got by far the best reception. The crowd for Interpol was pretty dead..

Not my experience at all, I've seen fewer drunk and annoying Brits compared to the first weekend, today actually feels a lot more chill and less crowded than any day last week, I managed to get easily to the front for everything I wanted to see and there's a lot more space to move around (I didn't go to Mordor though so that probably explains it... Also who cares for Mordor when you have Mdou Moctar smashing it on the Plenitude stage?!)

1 hour ago, kitkat129 said:

Not my experience at all, I've seen fewer drunk and annoying Brits compared to the first weekend, today actually feels a lot more chill and less crowded than any day last week, I managed to get easily to the front for everything I wanted to see and there's a lot more space to move around (I didn't go to Mordor though so that probably explains it... Also who cares for Mordor when you have Mdou Moctar smashing it on the Plenitude stage?!)

Glad to hear that you had a great time tonight 🙂 Yeah, its my own fault for being down there while the festivals maybe biggest teenage attraction was playing. But its still too much people this year. Didnt even bother with Biceps and went home instead.

Gonna stay away from the main stages tomorrow, minus 1 hour in hell while Strokes are playing. Concert I am most looking forward to: Rigberta Bandini 🤌

• Upvote 1

Had an absolutely banging time tonight. Saw Ride, Slowdive, Duma, Gabber Modus Operandi and Bicep. Everything felt very chill until all the coked up brits arrived for Bicep and I decided to get out of the crowd and back to the steps. Generally much more chill vibe than last weekend but feel that’s probably due to everyone being over at Mordor.

However still far too many people in the site generally. Getting out was harder than it ever has been in previous years. Crushes feel worse than before at any pinch point and I swear there is more vomiting than I have ever seen before?

Anyway I have concluded I am done with the festival, gonna make the most of my last couple of days but the spark is clearly gone. For those saying there are bigger crowds at other festivals that’s the point, Primavera used to be different to other festivals so it feels weird to us all now it’s so huge.

Finally apologies to the people I blinded with my phone light in Duma. Genuinely had no idea it was on when I pulled it out of my pocket and felt like a real dumbass when someone pointed it out. 

• Upvote 1

That was absolutely class. Possibly better than any day last week? Khruangbin in the sun ahhhh, King Giz blew my mind, Slowdive the perfect chill, Big Thief were raucous, Dua Lipa is such a performer, Tyler better (for me, I was right in there) than last week, and Bicep absolutely went off.  All classsss.

BBCC was just a bit of fun really, but would have prefer 2manyDJs if I'm picking, but could probably do with the sit and stare on the stairs 😅 Saw a festival goer try and nick someone's hang bag which was reaaaaaaally uncool. Suppose it's easier to pickpocket in the fest than out.  

Edit: how did I forget Metronomy?! Wasn't a big fan of theirs prior, but the vibe down Binance was class..consider me finally a fan 

Edited by adforperu

5 hours ago, Gregorick said:

I swear there is more vomiting than I have ever seen before?

Probably something to do with all the Brits and that's probably why a lot of the vibes were off for people this year. We can be really awful at festivals. Ran into a LOT of Brits and while most were cool there were definitely sizeable groups of lads on tour just there to get as messy as possible and watch DJs/pop. 

Watching Tyler The Creators journey from his performance with Odd Future in 2011 (the one with the stage invasion) to now has been pretty insane btw. I think its my fourth(?) time seeing him at Primavera, and the progress has been so cool to see. 

His performance last night was brilliant.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Probably something to do with all the Brits and that's probably why a lot of the vibes were off for people this year. We can be really awful at festivals. Ran into a LOT of Brits and while most were cool there were definitely sizeable groups of lads on tour just there to get as messy as possible and watch DJs/pop. 

Ugh, I wanted to strangle three British guys who decided to loudly discuss their itinerary and stage placements in the middle of Richard Dawson set. Standing in the second row, right in front of me!

7 hours ago, Glenn Coco said:

Nothing wrong with camping for your favourite artist.. but at least show some respect to the acts that come before. Way too many Dua Lipa fans just sitting down and chatting during Interpol

We noticed this. Yes, there's usually people talking at any stage, but the volume of loud conversations even close to Interpol was unusual and a bit disrespectful. Oh well. Did better than my mum who found a spot to sit and watch the main stage but had to move cos of people pissing there... guys, it's AstroTurf, not real grass, that piss is going to sit there and not absorb into the ground! Just no.

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That was our experience on the last night last week! Horrible stuff. Tram is a much better option in our experience.

We only took the bus this time as it stopped closer to where we are this week. Will be taking the metro the last couple of nights. The buses stop at so many traffic lights too it seemed to take forever

Anyway I'm not looking forward to The Strokes tonight, the main stages seemed stupidly busy last night, took us 20 mins just to get from the Dua Lipa side to the back. Also the toilets were horrendous last night and whoever decided putting urinals directly outside the toilet doors is an actual idiot, seen many people fall into them not to mention the smell

Edited by kaytee...