Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, spoiledff7 said:

Why is it mind blowing? It’s been an absolute disaster from day 1

Sorry if wording came out wrong, I am not a native speaker, i absolutely agree the outrage is legit.

Edited by puckno
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, puckno said:

More on brunch gate: primavera blames government for the ticketing system surprise... 

image.png.984c051132efe05b20770a9373042996.png 

It is mind blowing to see the outrage on twitter and other social media.

Apparently it is created a Telegram-group in order to storm the premises on Sunday

image.png.1af6ce2e4840f79d2745ccde86592820.png

Yeah, money-grabbing greedy bastards.

I mean the bars will make more money with them letting fewer people in, um, right?

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, money-grabbing greedy bastards.

I mean the bars will make less money with them letting fewer people in, um, right?

False marketing to sell more tickets will of course give them more money. 

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Thanks! I'm actually already feeling a lot better tbf so it probably was a combination of the lacks of sleep, general exhaustion and going a bit OTT. 

We didn't actually even try for any of the Cituat gigs. Personally I wrote them off as soon as they were announced (perhaps semi foolishly). My plan was always for three days at the fest followed by a few days of a Barcelona holiday. 

I really hoped for Magnetic Fields (one of the reasons I used to persuade my other half) but it wasn't to be. The others I just couldn't be fucked queuing on my holiday. I turned up, saw the queue and left.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don't see it like that.

With Brunch on the Beach, it's clearly piss poor organising, not a money grab.

I always try to be reasonable and see both sides arguments. In this case however, to see all the examples from the old marketing - how the beach brunch access was always described as a part of what people bought in to at some of the packages offered - making hundreds if not thousands to take an extra day off work to participate at Sunday as well - I think people without 'ticket' should get a partial refund. It is definitely misleading marketing, no matter the underlying intention. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

I always try to be reasonable and see both sides arguments. In this case however, to see all the examples from the old marketing - how the beach brunch access was always described as a part of what people bought in to at some of the packages offered - making hundreds if not thousands to take an extra day off work to participate at Sunday as well - I think people without 'ticket' should get a partial refund. It is definitely misleading marketing, no matter the underlying intention. 

I think we are saying the same thing and sorry.

Agree with your conclusions too. Does seem like they misled, don't think this was intentional.

I'm really happy we got into Sala Apolo for Iceage/King gizzard/Les Savy Fav (absolute highlight of the festival) but only because my buddy was smart enough to put us on the waiting list for the Dice tickets. I remember being in line once and giving up but that was the LCD/Talabot show and afterwards getting in fairly easy for pre (Vietcong 2015, SUUNS 2016, Kae Tempest 2017) or aftershows (Ty Segall 2016) but there were just sooo many people there hoping to join that it was just too much. 

Pretty sure, selling tickets, it being a public holiday in Spain, UK and the 2 weekend thing just created a massive amount of people in the city which they had completely underestimated and couldn't find a quick solution to. But on tuesday night we discovered that they gave the people in Textil a number and a wristband so that they at least could go and sit in the next door bar where they hung up who was getting in. We were told we didn't have any chance whatsoever at that point with our W1 ticket. That was actually well handled but this was a small venue. At Razz or Apolo they would have needed at least 10-15 people to inform/handle crowds. 

Must agree with people who say that it's always been really busy getting in/out of main stage area. I saw lots of security lines trying to crowd manage and only thought it was really iffy at Sharon Von Etten (they really can't have that small entrance at Binance anymore) and I'd like to see barriers again.

I also think they finally should do something about the bars. I've always found them utterly inefficient (there's friends who made jokes about me getting mad on twitter about it in like 2015/2016 or something haha)and this year with extra people it became a total disaster (although got a lot better on friday/saturday). They lose so much money on them, it's quite incredible. They should get vouchers, seperate cocktail bars, seperate personnel for pouring beers and handling orders just to make it all go a lot faster (or at least a couple of those things). It was so strange to see when we got to the central bars on the lefthand side during Cave that all of a sudden there were people doing nothing but tapping beer, that there were premade drinks, etc etc. Why couldn't they do this in every bar? And instead of shipping in Portuguese inexperienced youngsters, they should just ask the local community organisations (sports, youth, cultural,...) to come in and do it for a volunteer fee: that means enough personnel and locals happy as well. Roskilde, Werchter, they're all doing it like that.

Apart from that I had a total blast, stayed longer than usual because of la ciuatat but went out for dinner instead and finally got to see La Sagrada Familia as well as the Glen Friedman Burning Flags show in the centre (really nice tip: has og Beastie Boys/Minor Threat/Black Flag & skate pics). 

Highlights

- Sharon Von Etten (although i missed a lot due to a queuing for beer) / The Armed / Pavement

- Beach Bunny (really gave me a boost after day 1) / Helado Negro (bit of a discovery) / Fontaines DC (never thought they'd be able to work a big stage like that) / Little Simz / Caribou and especially MOGWAI

- Mavis Staples / Nick Cave / Idles / Shame  / Boy Harsher

- Iceage / King Gizz / Les Savy Fav

• Upvote 3

Didnt attend last week, but this seems okay. Planned to se Slowdive, but thinking about just camping at the main stages with great view and do the Interpol-Gorillaz-Dua Lipa-Tyler the Creator lineup.

Golden Hair is always an emotional happening live, but I am leaning towards not seeing them at Cupra tonight for the third time. 50/50.

I have no problems with the festival so far btw.

Edited by pne094

20 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Is it just early or does it feel less busy than last week?

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Am I imagining it or is it way (way) less busy than any day last week?

16 minutes ago, alex_rozov said:

Felling the same way. Feels deferent definitely. At least for now.

Yup, I was expecting it to be mental today/this weekend what with all the pop/electronic/and sorry to generalise, but dickhead-attracting acts, but it’s way less busy and way more like the Primavera I remember. Really nice vibes so far.

28 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Is it just early or does it feel less busy than last week?

27 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Am I imagining it or is it way (way) less busy than any day last week?

Just saw a pic of about 100 people for squid at Cupra, wtf. Outright jealous now. 

Heard something about changes to the bars as well...

I’m still mystified by who gets to play the main stages. No disrespect to Khruangbin, but an hour and a quarter at Mordor? While Pond get 40 minutes at Plenitude? Maybe I have a skewed idea of what’s popular. 

As to coming back next year, it completely depends on Gabi. If it’s “lessons learned, we’ve listened and upped our game,” then yes. But if they act like everything went according to plan, and we were just slow to catch on… 

11 minutes ago, Modesty Powder said:

I’m still mystified by who gets to play the main stages. No disrespect to Khruangbin, but an hour and a quarter at Mordor? While Pond get 40 minutes at Plenitude? Maybe I have a skewed idea of what’s popular. 

As to coming back next year, it completely depends on Gabi. If it’s “lessons learned, we’ve listened and upped our game,” then yes. But if they act like everything went according to plan, and we were just slow to catch on… 

Just about any hip lunch bar or coffee bar you walk into nowadays might have Khruangbin on. No discredit to Pond though

• Thanks 1

Back home in rainy England. Had a really great week which has flown by, though can't believe I spent my last evening queueing 4/5 hours for Interpol (and not getting in). Madness. Did manage to see Slowdive, Shame and Wet Leg though, and met some great people in the queues while having a few beers, which made it a more enjoyable experience.

But yeah, the midweek gigs were more stressful than needed, especially given they were the main reason many of us stayed for the full week. Definitely need some serious re-assessment in the future.  The shuttle buses to Placa de Catalunya were also uncomfortable experiences, and while our hotel location was generally good, I would be keen to avoid having to use them again in the future. Obviously echo people's comments about the Thurs, mainly the bar situation. Once this was sorted, and we'd sussed the main toilet points/sinks, things were much improved.

Act-wise, was disappointed to miss out on The Strokes (as well as The National and Interpol) but enjoyed pretty much everyone I saw. Beach House, Slowdive, Warpaint, Fontaines, Les Savy Fav, Shame, Let's Eat Grandma (even with the tech issues) were all excellent and Nick Cave brought a tear to the eye despite being mostly unfamiliar with his work. And fair play to Porridge Radio for still putting the effort in to turn up when her band were unable to.

The crowds on the Thurs meant I adjusted my plans a little and focused on my main acts, while the lineup ended up falling so I didn't have to spend a lot of time navigating the Mordor crowds, which I didn't mind at all. Binance in particular seemed to become my 'main stage'. Bits was a nice area but only got a chance to go there once - they definitely should do more to attract people to take that long walk over there without the bridge.

Overall I would hapily go again, depending on the lineup. Though my friends and a few of the people I chatted to might need a bit more convincing the organisational issues have been sorted. Enjoy weekend 2 - wish I was there!