Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

16 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I'm gonna try inject a dose of positivity for those going today as a weekend one survivor... 

Most of the major issues were resolved overnight Thursday. They seemed to learn lessons v quickly in terms of bar and water access, and I didn't see any crowd crushes/surges like those on day 1 again (and that was the quietest of the three days according to PS) 

Almost all the bands I saw were great. 

Its not the festival it was five years ago, but nothing is. The crowds are bigger and so are the acts in many cases - but a lot of the charm is still there. Where else do you get to see Dry Cleaning, Dua Lipa and Bicep, all while sitting next to the sea? 

There isn't another festival in the world that gives me that balance of music, weather and city access. 

I had a great time and, while I will wait to see the lineup for next year before I buy tickets, I wouldnt hesitate to return if I thought there was enough for me to see. 

I'm not discounting anyone else's views here - just thought I'd try offer my own too. 

Have a great time this weekend, folks. I'm incredibly jealous. 

*their comms is terrible. Always has been, apparently always will be... 😂

Yeah..I mean what really other option out there? (The non camping one). The one that doesn’t start early in the afternoon, chill ambience, good crowd, affordable food and bar, lack of security (I really enjoy the safe feeling of smoking weed, chilling and watch a performance) with good lineup. 

I heard mixed review on Madcool but probably will explore that festival next year to experience other options.

10 minutes ago, Bram said:

And now there’s an Instagram account @primaverasucks with already 102 posts. Someone’s must be really pissed off at the festival lol

As they should be. Shocked at the people defending the place on here. We’re here for weekend 2 so will post thoughts after.

Should obviously clarify we were here for weekend 1 too!

Edited by spoiledff7
  • Upvote 1

I had an unreal time here tbf. Standouts from the bands I saw were King Gizzard, Nick Cave, Gorillaz and, surprisingly, Charli XCX. I had no problems with Access Ticket and found it very easy to catch the T4 tram to/from the site each day. 

I had major reservations about the value of VIP when they ditched the front of stage sections but I was so wrong. VIP priority meant I comfortably got into each of the three King Giz mid-week shows and avoided the choas of the Thursday night queues. The area near Binance was a great spot to chill out at too with the sofas and grass. Absolutely no chance I'd ever do it without VIP as it's definetly been tough for those without which is a big shame. 

Only few downers were the beers (why not just serve pints!?), the sound at the Binance stage which I found to be a touch too quiet, and also the general lack of security people/security measures. It felt a little dicey in certain areas on the Thursday with massive overcrowing and no idea how the main stages can exist with any surge barriers at all.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Pints arent really a thing in Spain

Why can't they just serve a larger volume tho, doesn't have to be pints but I saw venues in the city serving litres of beer lmao.

Edited by JSmurphy

I'm back home from weekend one, with covid. Worth it, though! Yes, there were some problems - I went to Primavera 2018 before and from the moment I entered the Forum this year something felt off - so. many. people. Beer queues, stages, shuttle buses, everything was packed. But in spite of some initial worries, I had a wonderful time - my highlights were Nick Cave, Einsturzende Neubauten, Weyes Blood, Richard Dawson and the Circle, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard and the fantastic Beck show in Razz. I managed to see all acts I planned to see and got incredibly lucky, getting to the very front when I wanted to. And to top it off - I managed to collect all of the Estrella cups, so I'm definitely coming back for 2023, now that I have a free ticket. Sure, Primavera organizers have a lot to improve, but as long as they deliver these incredible lineups, I'll be coming for more.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, red___90 said:

I managed to collect all of the Estrella cups, so I'm definitely coming back for 2023, now that I have a free ticket. 

You sure it's not a CHANCE to win a ticket..? 20 euros and a bit of trading for a 245 euro ticket seems too good to be true but I might be wrong, I thought I read it as 20 cups = an entry to win

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

You sure it's not a CHANCE to win a ticket..? 20 euros and a bit of trading for a 245 euro ticket seems too good to be true but I might be wrong, I thought I read it as 20 cups = an entry to win

Nope, got them all, went to the Info booth, they took my data and I got an email saying the ticket is mine and they'll be in touch after the festivals. Looks like it's for both Barcelona and Madrid weekends, too! It happened around 3.00 on the last day and they told me only two people collected all cups before me.

Edited by red___90
  • Like 1

I must be at a different festival to everyone else. Day 1 was bad but the music was still quality, and that carried on for 2 and 3. Yes it’s busy, but I have yet to be at a festival (or an arena gig for that matter) that when a big band finishes, you can walk straight out, or get a pint straight away. Agreed, they need a soft drinks stall.

Those city gigs were an absolute bonus. Big bands in small venues means not everyone can get in. I took the plunge for Interpol tickets and for €15 each, that was a bargain. First time (and I’d imagine, the last..) so there were problems. Sadly, that’s the way of the World. Spending 5 hours in a queue, when you’re in one of the best cities in the World is something I don’t understand, alas.

Ready for tonight. Very intrigued to see Dua Lipa and Bicep tonight. Should be a goood one. 

And Covid? Here to stay, the World is living with it.

Just now, red___90 said:

Nope, got them all, went to the Info booth, they took my data and I got an email saying the ticket is mine and they'll be in touch after the festivals. Looks like it's for both Barcelona and Madrid weekends, too!

Damn, that's nuts, congrats. We didn't bother but should have done as one of the few couples with a good backpack that weekend 😅 from what we could tell it was like McDonalds Monopoly where there's loads of most of the cups but the 2022 one was super rare, so basically if you got that, you got the ticket

Alex Cameron (+friend and business partner Roy Malloy) fantastic start to the festival. The sound a bit to low at Binance perhaps, but no problem. 

Almist no people at Future Utopia at Cupra now, and sitting while feeling the ocean wind come in. This is Primavera!

So far so good, but the real test obviously starts with Gorillaz and Dua Lipa later at Mordor. Beer queue I will be okay with, but they really have to deliver some kind of crowd control.

Anyway, love Primavera so far. Not attending Brunch at the Beach on Sunday, but that fuckup is not great btw... 

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Damn, that's nuts, congrats. We didn't bother but should have done as one of the few couples with a good backpack that weekend 😅 from what we could tell it was like McDonalds Monopoly where there's loads of most of the cups but the 2022 one was super rare, so basically if you got that, you got the ticket

Haha, yes, I actually started with 2022 - I saw a guy holding it in the Gorillaz crowd and asked him if he'd like to sell it for 10 euro. He was aware of the competition and teased me a bit, but then just said yes. I had about 6 other cups in my backpack, but finding the rest was super easy, people dumped them everywhere. When I was missing just one, I bought it at the bar.

More on brunch gate: primavera blames government for the ticketing system surprise... 

image.png.984c051132efe05b20770a9373042996.png 

It is mind blowing to see the outrage on twitter and other social media.

Apparently it is created a Telegram-group in order to storm the premises on Sunday

image.png.1af6ce2e4840f79d2745ccde86592820.png

Edited by puckno

3 minutes ago, puckno said:

Apparently it is created a Telegram-group in order to storm the premises on Sundayimage.png.1af6ce2e4840f79d2745ccde86592820.png

That person is going to get a baton to the face if they try to "storm" anything. Guardia don't mess about. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, puckno said:

More on brunch gate: primavera blames government for the ticketing system surprise... 

image.png.984c051132efe05b20770a9373042996.png 

It is mind blowing to see the outrage on twitter and other social media.

Apparently it is created a Telegram-group in order to storm the premises on Sunday

image.png.1af6ce2e4840f79d2745ccde86592820.png

Why is it mind blowing? It’s been an absolute disaster from day 1

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

There's probably a ton of other bugs going around too, to be fair. We didn't make it into any of cituat gigs so reckon we might have avoided whatever was going around! Get well soon.

Thanks! I'm actually already feeling a lot better tbf so it probably was a combination of the lacks of sleep, general exhaustion and going a bit OTT. 

We didn't actually even try for any of the Cituat gigs. Personally I wrote them off as soon as they were announced (perhaps semi foolishly). My plan was always for three days at the fest followed by a few days of a Barcelona holiday.