Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I think it's the first time that the smaller stages, especially Pitchfork and Primavera, were much crowded than the mordor ones.

Really liked the side-by-side layout, I prefer it to the old one 

I was at Mordor at the beginning of Gorillaz' concert in front of the VIP. It really got dangerous there, people were pushing from all sides, people began to panic and you couldn't move anymore... The other stages were very crowded too (Pitchfork and Ray-Ban) but such a dangerous situation have I seen nowhere else. So many people without any security system is gambling with lifes. Bits section seemed very empty to me each time I was there. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 1:40 PM, JedTheHumanoid said:

Exactly, sorry all vip holders here, them doing it without prior notice is wrong, but removing the vip areas in the front of the stages is the best thing they did

That's why I won't buy VIP again and pay double as much for the ticket. These sections have made it for me. 

9 minutes ago, branvan said:

That's why I won't buy VIP again and pay double as much for the ticket. These sections have made it for me. 

they'll have to reprice the VIP tickets if they keep this format (which I sure hope that they do), or add some other perks to it. as it is, I doubt it's worth the price

On our way to Barcelona! Kind of... Our direct flight got changed to a 3 hour transit at Orly about a month ago. Okay, sure no problem. 

However, we had to make a sudden stop at Schipol today after a person on our flight got heart problems. Hopefully she is fine, she seemed awake and okay when she got helped out of the plane. Fingers crossed.

And now our flight from Orly got delayed 3 hours, and I got screaming children on all sides at the airport...

Hopefully this is not an indication on things to come during this years Primavera 😅

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"forbid" because PS have increased the amount of people at the festival, and so would be using the bridge.

VIPs, people with disabilities, staff etc are still using it, so the "new harbour owner forbid PS from using it" line from Gabi is at least partially untrue.

I'm sure if it was a smaller festival, as it used to be, the bridge would still be in use for all.

I'd be far more confident that the real reason is Health & Safety assessments determined that the crowd sizes will be too big.

yeh was just repeating what the great gabi claimed really 

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Hey! Sorry if it's been asked (I tried searching previous pages) but how secure is having a DICE ticket for Phoenix tonight? I have friends that are totally put off by queueing for doors opening when they only want to see Phoenix tonight. 

In a similar situation, have dice tickets but have no Intetest in seeing the first 2 acts, would we still have a reasonable chance getting in after the music has started rather than going at doors and waiting 2/3 hours for ride to start. Completely gave up on the city shows after the chaos of sunday until tonight. On the plus side managed to grab tickets for thindercat/nas/rhcp yesterday all of which where incredible. 

17 minutes ago, Coopa said:

In a similar situation, have dice tickets but have no Intetest in seeing the first 2 acts, would we still have a reasonable chance getting in after the music has started rather than going at doors and waiting 2/3 hours for ride to start. Completely gave up on the city shows after the chaos of sunday until tonight. On the plus side managed to grab tickets for thindercat/nas/rhcp yesterday all of which where incredible. 

I messaged razz on instagram who said as a ticket holder I would have guaranteed entry and could come whenever, if there’s any issues I’ll just be showing them that

Just landed back in the UK after an amazing week. The bars on the first day were outrageous but had no real impact on our enjoyment and then were obviously much better for the next two days. 

Probably my top 5 acts:

• The National 
  • Gorillaz 
  • Beck 
  • Caribou
  • DJ Shadow 

Honourable mentions for Disclosure, Fred Again..., Dinosaur Jr and Les Savy Fav. 

I did my classic of forgetting how much the heat impacts my appetite and didn't eat well at all. Which, coupled with the amount of lager drank, put me in a precarious position a couple of times. 

Weirdly, and I know this won't be an opinion shared by many people, I think the stages could do with one less act and more time between them. It was always more of a rush to go to the toilet/bar/food stalls between things than I like. 

We were staying basically on the beach so got my fill there. And then finished the holiday by seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers last night and, just wow! They were on absolute fire and the crowd was really going for it. Incredibly loud for a stadium gig as well.

I'd definitely go back. 

On 6/3/2022 at 12:26 AM, Glenn Coco said:

The traffic between leaving Mordor, and everyone trying to get in is ridiculous. The crowd management is invisible this year.

This was the worst thing for me. People pushing to the back and from the back to the front at the same time at the same place...

My top 5 from weekend 1...

- Fred Again.., Beach House, The National, Jamie xx, Idles

I think. I could easily change that again shortly. I didn't have any major disappointments on a musical sense, luckily. Wet Leg wasn't amazing, I didn't enjoy Gorillaz but that was just down to my crowd experience, not the band. But those are pretty mild complaints in the grand scheme of things.

Few pics turning up on my socials of friends landing for weekend 2. Im getting v jealous again. 

My top five (in no particular order, after Cave):

Nick Cave

Squarepusher

Mogwai

Autechre

The National

Musically I couldn't fault it and the sound was generally great bar the main stage where it was a bit quiet at times.

The negative experience on Thursday kind of put me in a bad headspace I think (on top of picking up the wrong bloody suitcase at the airport on Wednesday!) but it definitely did improve significantly. Ultimately I just think I didn't click with Primavera in the way I have with other festivals, which I'm usually keen to get back to. This was a one-and-done for me I think. I miss grass and pints of cider too much! And the commute was just annoying. I definitely prefer the feeling of being on site the whole time with no need to leave.

Nice to try a festival abroad, though (my only one before was Electric Picnic) and to explore a bit of Barcelona. Would probably have made more of the city if everywhere wasn't so busy! Maybe I'll come back at a quieter time.

The ciutat gigs were a total write-off for us. I think they should be advertised as just a VIP/dual-week perk or ticketed entirely separately. I bought our tickets after they'd been announced so really thought we'd get to a couple. Ah well.

Enjoy week 2 guys! On our way back from the airport now.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

So happy to have Dice tickets for Interpol tonight. Looking to get there for after 8ish.

On a side note, RHCP were extremely good last night at Olympic Stadium.

How was Nas? I never saw him live or really read anything about his live performances 

Edited by Nicklord

1 minute ago, hollyzone said:

What's the water situation like at Poble? Same rules as the main festival?

I want to see Pom Pom Squad and Magdalena Bay, so hoping it's not too full of people only there for the later bands (which we will leave before).

This is my plan also hoping to get in at 7ish and head after mag but not sure if will be too busy by then 

2 minutes ago, hollyzone said:

What's the water situation like at Poble? Same rules as the main festival?

I want to see Pom Pom Squad and Magdalena Bay, so hoping it's not too full of people only there for the later bands (which we will leave before).

Probably gonna be the case unfortunately as I imagine most people are going to these midweek gigs for the bigger/later acts rather than the earlier smaller stuff. Just what you have to come to expect as a support act I guess.