Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

Just returned home after an unbelievable weekend. Thank you Primavera Sound.

A few of takeaways:

Stages I thought were great. Plenty of places to sit down and enjoy music. Binance & Cupra well designed stages for this.

Food is really good. Standouts for me were the 5€ Pizza slices by Plentitude/Boiler Room and the Peruvian Pork Belly Buns (9€).

I don't like being caught in the masses so I avoided Mordor when I could, definitely a good thing as discovered so many amazing bands/DJs.

Recommend going to Bits at least once. Nothing like sitting in a hammock/deck chair on the beach by the Aperol Spritz bar listening to music from Dice stage.

Despite what others may say, the tap water is safe to drink. It just doesn't taste as nice as the mineral water.

Getting in is super easy, about 10 minutes from the metro to inside the arena. Security is very lax. Will look down the top and pat your bag from the outside. You won't be patted down at all.

Getting back home after is annoying, make sure you have multiple ways of getting back just in case one of the routes falls through. No Metro between 2am-5am Thurs & Fri. 

Worth bringing a jacket just in case but I was fine in t-shirts and shorts all the way up til 6/7am without feeling cold.

The NTS warehouse and Boiler Room stages are both very fun and give a nice break from the bigger stages.

Bar queues really weren't too bad you just have to be tactical about which ones you join and where to position yourself.

Drink prices are 4.50€ for a small beer and 9/10€ for a large spirit and mixer. Water is 2€ for a can.

Strongly recommend getting a ticket for Ciutat gigs in the future and getting in before the first support. Massive gamble otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The actual name of the venue is Barts (all the Primavera stuff calls it Parallel 62 but I think that's the address!). We joined the queue for Magnetic Fields about 7.30pm and didn't get in for them at 9.15 (and then gave up about 9.30). Just to manage your expectations! We were W1. Priority is given to W1 and W2 and VIP, but they did let some of us plebs in too.

I'd get there about 6pm to be honest!

Sounds tricky. I was hoping that with all the main attractions being in Poble, Razzmatazz and Apolo it would not fill until gig time. Might give it a try still. Thanks!

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Sounds tricky. I was hoping that with all the main attractions being in Poble, Razzmatazz and Apolo it would not fill until gig time. Might give it a try still. Thanks!

It seems to vary a lot but we found the ciutat gigs to be a total waste of time on a W1 ticket. You may be luckier though! Have a good one.

Unless you’re willing to arrive at least 3-4 hours early on a single weekend ticket, you need to be prepared for possibly not getting in imo. People are well aware of how busy these things are now and so people have just been arriving with a few beers mega early and chilling in the queue. 

Also saw a girl at the front of the single weekend queue (so presumably been there a longggg time) pleading with the security last night at around 8pm at Razzamataz to be let in to use the bathrooms as she was on her period and… stuff was happening, and they just didn’t give a fuck and made her wait an extra 20 minutes until they finally opened up (and even then they were letting double weekend people in first, so guess she waited another 10 minutes after that).

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Unless you’re willing to arrive at least 3-4 hours early on a single weekend ticket, you need to be prepared for possibly not getting in imo. People are well aware of how busy these things are now and so people have just been arriving with a few beers mega early and chilling in the queue. 

Also saw a girl at the front of the single weekend queue (so presumably been there a longggg time) pleading with the security last night at around 8pm at Razzamataz to be let in to use the bathrooms as she was on her period and… stuff was happening, and they just didn’t give a fuck and made her wait an extra 20 minutes until they finally opened up (and even then they were letting double weekend people in first, so guess she waited another 10 minutes after that).

Yeah this is good advice. 

We tried to get into a smaller venue for what we thought was a fairly unpopular thing but still no chance an hour before.

A mate that is staying nearby said there's people already lining up for Interpol tonight. The queuing drama is now a self-fulfilling prophecy because people are panicking and getting there earlier and earlier.

It's a mess, and would be absolutely so annoying for locals having people clog up streets like this.

- with priority access (vip / w1+w2) i have got into the shows i tried (apolo sunday, razz yesterday) by showing up a few minutes before doors open, the priority line has not been longer than capacity

-  judging by the size of the lines, without priority access you would have to get in line at least one hour before doors open on the popular venues, and even then not be guaranteed access

- without priority access I would definitely get on waiting list for the dice tickets to see if i got lucky

- to access a venue later in the evening, after doors have opened, is a recipe for failure

Edited by puckno

20 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

A mate that is staying nearby said there's people already lining up for Interpol tonight. The queuing drama is now a self-fulfilling prophecy because people are panicking and getting there earlier and earlier.

It's a mess, and would be absolutely so annoying for locals having people clog up streets like this.

Frickin WoW.. might just give up on this Interpol thing. Probably just have a good dinner, few drinks and watch Gilles Petterson and its Acid Jazz friends

8 minutes ago, puckno said:

- with priority access (vip / w1+w2) i have got into the shows i tried (apolo sunday, razz yesterday) by showing up a few minutes before doors open, the priority line has not been longer than capacity

-  judging by the size of the lines, without priority access you would have to get in line at least one hour before doors open on the popular venues, and even then not be guaranteed access

- without priority access I would definitely get on waiting list for the dice tickets to see if i got lucky

- to access a venue later in the evening, after doors have opened, is a recipe for failure

I’ve got into 3 out of 4 venues long after doors have opened (with priority).

• Upvote 1

This will be my 4th PS but BKS looks decent will maybe look at it in future. Very glad I decided to spend a couple of days by the coast before the festival. Was very anxious/ stressed in the lead up and the tiniest bit of piscina & platja has solved all haha. First time I haven't really done any research into acts I didn't already know, anyone want to share their (optimistic) itinerary for w2?

Back home from W1 with a positive covid test. Now quick recovering before Glastonbury 🤯

Really enjoyed primavera except that. Seen way less bands than expected, but lot of quality one. 

My top 5 with no order: Nick Cave, Pavement, Linda Lindas, Idles, Little simz

Take care and enjoy W2

23 hours ago, Ohjesus said:

just to reiterate what gabi said last week in the Q&A about the bridge - apparently the new harbour owner forbid PS from using it this time round. 

so i guess moving forwards that won’t change and probably doesn’t help with plans to remain in barcelona as, like you say, Bits is criminally under used 

"forbid" because PS have increased the amount of people at the festival, and so would be using the bridge.

VIPs, people with disabilities, staff etc are still using it, so the "new harbour owner forbid PS from using it" line from Gabi is at least partially untrue.

I'm sure if it was a smaller festival, as it used to be, the bridge would still be in use for all.

I'd be far more confident that the real reason is Health & Safety assessments determined that the crowd sizes will be too big.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 3

Finally feel somewhat human today and the thought of having to do that to myself again this weekend (and then again a week later for Glastonbury…) is making me question what the hell I’m even doing with myself haha.

If somebody could create booze and drugs that don’t make you have an existential crisis for a week+ after consumption then that would be just swell.