Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

35 minutes ago, nilolium said:

who else is enjoying the queue for king hannah, ehm, los bitchos, ehm noga erez?

I queued for half an hour when king hannah started and got nowhere so I left.. passed the insane razzmatazz queue on the way home. Megan The Stallion will be even more impossible to get in tomorrow, I’m afraid. Will try Poble Espanyol tho

And the best concert of PS '22 award goes to... L'Imperatrice!

Never heard of them before Primavera put them on poster, it was an instant crush (Paris, Agitations Tropicales) that, in the course of past year, grew into something more. For me, it was one the most anticipated concerts of whole Primavera, so I rather joined the queue before 17:30, just to be safe.

And, god, they delivered. Even though they broke my heart a little when they skipped Sonate Pacifique (yes, I know their current setlist by heart), they still managed to put together the best PS show I've seen so far this year. 

And the fact that EVERY SINGLE PERSON was there to see them didn't hurt either. Atmosphere was unbelievable, Flore seemed to be genuinely touched.

These are the moments, when not coming back to Primavera next year just doesn't seem like an option.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, pipan said:

And the best concert of PS '22 award goes to... L'Imperatrice!

Never heard of them before Primavera put them on poster, it was an instant crush (Paris, Agitations Tropicales) that, in the course of past year, grew into something more. For me, it was one the most anticipated concerts of whole Primavera, so I rather joined the queue before 17:30, just to be safe.

And, god, they delivered. Even though they broke my heart a little when they skipped Sonate Pacifique (yes, I know their current setlist by heart), they still managed to put together the best PS show I've seen so far this year. 

And the fact that EVERY SINGLE PERSON was there to see them didn't hurt either. Atmosphere was unbelievable, Flore seemed to be genuinely touched.

These are the moments, when not coming back to Primavera next year just doesn't seem like an option.

Man, that was unbelievable. They completely torched the venue. Set of the week so far.

Edited by Orens

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

I’ve been to over 10 primaveras.

This was the busiest…by far.

Busier than past Primaveras? I guess. More so than other festivals I’ve been to? Definitely not. I’ve had scarier crowd moments at Glastonbury.

King Gizz and Slowdive were both excellent. Way busy during King Gizz which I could tell my girlfriend just wasn’t enjoying, but thankfully seemed to empty out a little for Slowdive which made it more comfortable/enjoyable.

Really looking forward to the Poble Espanyol show tomorrow. Hell of a lineup. Anybody got any suggestions for places to eat near there?

Slowdive were so good, and there was a great vibe down at the front. Definitely one of my festival highlights. Already feeling the FOMO about not being here for weekend 2. Just Interpol left to try battle into tomorrow, though the Poble Espanyol lineup does look tempting

4 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Slowdive were so good, and there was a great vibe down at the front. Definitely one of my festival highlights. Already feeling the FOMO about not being here for weekend 2. Just Interpol left to try battle into tomorrow, though the Poble Espanyol lineup does look tempting

Out of curiosity: you on a w1 ticket or a w1 vip ticket? And when did you get in line? Because if I’m not mistaken you went around and then a w1 would be really impressive

8 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Best kept secret is supposed to be pretty great, usually has fantastic lineup too

I went to BKS in 2019 - fantastic festival. Beautiful site , camping in the trees by the lake. Very well organised site, clean . I really couldn’t fault it. And yes the lineup usually solid. 
Just watch out for the poisonous caterpillars - seriously !😁

Edited by thespiral

35 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I took one a couple nights and never used it and I really feel the cold. This week looks to be even warmer too. If anything a light sweater will be enough

Same. First night I took a light jumper and a hoodie with me, but only wore the light jumper when it got really late (and to be honest didn't need to). I usually get freezing at night at UK festivals so that was a bonus!

10 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

Just managed to get a DICE ticket for the Razzmatazz concerts tonight thanks to the waiting list. Do you know if I can go a bit late, around 10pm as I got guaranteed tickets or they will deny my access? 

DICE is guaranteed entry but I'd still get there at a decent time by the looks of what's been going on with them, if only to secure a decent spot in the venue. Certain places have been a shitshow.

8 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

King Gizz and Slowdive were both excellent. Way busy during King Gizz which I could tell my girlfriend just wasn’t enjoying, but thankfully seemed to empty out a little for Slowdive which made it more comfortable/enjoyable.

Really looking forward to the Poble Espanyol show tomorrow. Hell of a lineup. Anybody got any suggestions for places to eat near there?

You could try at placa Espana , used to be an old bull ring , now a shopping centre. , On the roof several restaurants with good views

Tried to be clever last night, aimed for the smaller venues after seeing the queues around Apolo. 

Just about got in to Penelope Isles and just missed out on Pile. Venue fills up, then it's a waiting game. 

Plan is Poble Espanyol tonight and staying put. What time to queue? We have a mix of VIP and non VIP. 

Fun story: we skipped on cycling as we weren’t feeling all too well to go climbing mountains in 27 degrees C so went sagrada (first time ever after 8 visits to BCN). At the exit side I found myself standing next to Beck who had his son and daughter with him. 
Also, if you thought about going to bar de pla: please do but make a reservation. Great modern twists on tapas and natural wines from Catalonia 

6 minutes ago, adforperu said:

Clairo pulled out 😞

Did I read that Bleechers pulled out too?

Yes, Bleachers sadly out too. And with Massive Attack, Clairo and Japanese Breakfast already out, and rumours about health complications in The Smile and Run The Jewels, I'm really curious what they're gonna do with the timetable (considering the extra amount of people with last weekend's Friday tickets who can now attend too).

10 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

On my way to the airport now, excitement is starting to grow! 

Has anyone been to Parallel 62 venue? I want to catch Priya and Jorja Smith tonight but only have a W2 ticket. What time should I be there?

Yesterday we came before 17:30, then they moved us to priority queue, but people who were just behind us in non-priority queue got inside as well. So 17:30 at Paral-Lel 62 was OK for everyone. At least yesterday.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pipan said:

Yes, Bleachers sadly out too. And with Massive Attack, Clairo and Japanese Breakfast already out, and rumours about health complications in The Smile and Run The Jewels, I'm really curious what they're gonna do with the timetable (considering the extra amount of people with last weekend's Friday tickets who can now attend too).

The Smile played a gig yesterday. Even debuted a new song there. 

25 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

On my way to the airport now, excitement is starting to grow! 

Has anyone been to Parallel 62 venue? I want to catch Priya and Jorja Smith tonight but only have a W2 ticket. What time should I be there?

The actual name of the venue is Barts (all the Primavera stuff calls it Parallel 62 but I think that's the address!). We joined the queue for Magnetic Fields about 7.30pm and didn't get in for them at 9.15 (and then gave up about 9.30). Just to manage your expectations! We were W1. Priority is given to W1 and W2 and VIP, but they did let some of us plebs in too.

I'd get there about 6pm to be honest!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, pipan said:

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The Smile played a gig yesterday. Even debuted a new song there. 

Fucking hope The Smile are still in! Some of the others I could take or leave or catch elsewhere but then dropping out would really suck, especially as I’m not sure when I’d actually get a chance to see them now that their tour is over with/clashed with Primavera.