Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Literally only just letting the first people in to the venue. Capacity app has probably been set as full to deter anybody else turning up because the single weekend queue is hella long and half of those people don’t have a chance of getting in.

Yeah fair enough cheers for clarifying. Surprised we got into beck the other night so relatively easily. Queues seem bigger last 2 nights. Can't imagine what time you'll need to turn up for Interpol tomorrow! 12 pm?!

9 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Yeah fair enough cheers for clarifying. Surprised we got into beck the other night so relatively easily. Queues seem bigger last 2 nights. Can't imagine what time you'll need to turn up for Interpol tomorrow! 12 pm?!

I think words got out about how much of a shitshow these things have been and so people are turning up earlier and earlier to avoid disappointment.

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

*Previous years. In its defence it balances out with great acts on the 2nd line up release.

But yes I'm not going this year. 

I absolutely loved the little areas in the woods - not sure if they're still there? Trench Town and the bit with the big boat? They were great.

Fiiiinally got into one of these gigs (Razz 1) but at the expense of my gf who only has a W2 ticket 😔. Feel terrible but she was very insistent on me going into the priority queue and is very content to spend a night by the beach instead. Thankfully has the chance to see King Gizz / Slowdive at the festival. 

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Electric picnic is a far superior festival with the added bonus of camping. Only thing is it could get a bit chilly/wet.

Signed up just to warn everyone off. EP is a terrible festival, badly organised and with terrible music.

It might have been good ten years ago but now you couldn't pay me to go. Avoid it completely.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Fiiiinally got into one of these gigs (Razz 1) but at the expense of my gf who only has a W2 ticket 😔. Feel terrible but she was very insistent on me going into the priority queue and is very content to spend a night by the beach instead. Thankfully has the chance to see King Gizz / Slowdive at the festival. 

It’s a terrible love and I’m walking with spiders, it’s a terrible love and I’m walking in…

Edited by Ecco

On such an unbelievable comedown now I’m back at home.

What a bloody incredible weekend. The Thursday had its problems and there is no need for me to re-litigate  what all of you experienced and have spoken about, but the Fri and Sat were much better from an “experience” point of view.

I wasn’t “all-in” on the line up, don’t get me wrong it’s a very good line up but wasn’t amazing to me but a lot of acts really surprised me with their performances so turned what would have been a pretty good festival to an amazing one.

Pretty much convinced the group we have to go again next year. Was only my second PS, some of the group’s first, and one of the group’s fifth or sixth time.

Have we got any solid rumours for next year yet? I’m assuming Arcade Fire is a given. I kind of don’t want the two weekend situation again, it has given me serious FOMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamm said:

Have we got any solid rumours for next year yet? I’m assuming Arcade Fire is a given. I kind of don’t want the two weekend situation again, it has given me serious FOMO.

It has already been confirmed that we're back to one weekend in Barcelona next year, and a second week in Madrid. Whether that's gonna be two different line ups like this year, or be run like Barcelona and Porto have been, we just don't know yet. 

We waited for 30 minutes for razzmatazz in the vip line during King Gizzard and then we left. Before we had a delicious 10 course dinner at Teòric,  which was recommended here in the forum, simply amazing from start to end!