Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

We're doing Rock Werchter in a few weeks - also for the first time - so I'm very curious to see how that weighs up in comparison. Not so much looking forward to the tent but not having overcrowding and water / bar issues will be nice. 

Edited by BenG92

3 minutes ago, Runnerups said:

This was my fifth primavera, have loved every year but this time felt different. Has anybody got any recommendations for a similar festival I.e. lineup, weather, vibe, no camping? Might try something new next year!

I'll suggest the Porto Primavera. It has a lot of common with Barcelona, but with some added bonuses (smaller crowd, prettier sights, friendlier vibe). In Porto you're getting about 30% of BCN's line up. Which means: less clashes!

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

We're doing Rock Werchter in a few weeks - also for the first time - so I'm very curious to see how that weighs up in comparison. Not so much looking forward to the tent but not having overcrowding and water / bar issues will be nice. 

You can’t compare boths. Primavera is a city festival, werchter is a camping festival. Totally different vibe just as the line-up. I have done 4 times werchter, the last time in 2006, crowd is younger, wilder and more into big stadium rock acts.

8 minutes ago, Runnerups said:

This was my fifth primavera, have loved every year but this time felt different. Has anybody got any recommendations for a similar festival I.e. lineup, weather, vibe, no camping? Might try something new next year!

Electric picnic is a far superior festival with the added bonus of camping. Only thing is it could get a bit chilly/wet.

1 minute ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Electric picnic is a far superior festival with the added bonus of camping. Only thing is it could get a bit chilly/wet.

I went way back in 2012 and loved it. Was a bit chilly but really great atmosphere and a beautiful setting.

I was fully prepared for all the concrete but didn't realise how much I'd crave grass. The tiny bits we found were like little havens!

6 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Added bonus of camping? Versus a comfortable, warm bed to enjoy a lie-in in and rest your tired body. Hmm...

Also I genuinely prefer the lineup of the Ciutat programme alone to the entire Electric Picnic lineup (about the same number of bands too).

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Added bonus of camping? Versus a comfortable, warm bed to enjoy a lie-in in and rest your tired body. Hmm...

Also I genuinely prefer the lineup of the Ciutat programme alone to the entire Electric Picnic lineup (about the same number of bands too).

I thought I'd love the hotel aspect but I think I'd only like it if I got a hotel right by the venue. The trams/bus situation was pretty grim. It took me out of the festival itself too much. Having a bed was nice, though.

20 minutes ago, Ecco said:

You can’t compare boths. Primavera is a city festival, werchter is a camping festival. Totally different vibe just as the line-up. I have done 4 times werchter, the last time in 2006, crowd is younger, wilder and more into big stadium rock acts.

Don’t agree that crowd is wilder. Up front perhaps but put a fast rock band on and the uk/Spanish combo is a feast here. Plus it’s packed just as well albeit safer. There’s not much space left on the field when sold out. And packed with loads of people who are there because it’s Werchter. Not for the bands. 

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah dude, having a siesta in the tent keeps the energy levels up.

I don't know if you're hard to impress but look at headliners and undercard from previous years and you'd be happily surprised. 

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

You are all welcome to oya festival, a city festival in oslo. Nice vibe! You may camp on my 2x2 meter balcony 800 meters away!

As a fellow Norwegian I 100% agree on Øya Festival being a great festival. Only negative thing I can say about the festival is that Norwegians can be a bit boring during concerts. We are just standing there with a beer in our hand and nodding in silence listening to the performace 😅 

4 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I don't know if you're hard to impress but look at headliners and undercard from previous years and you'd be happily surprised. 

Gotta be honest having just had a look at this year's line up its harsh to compare it to primavera. A festival with Snow Patrol as a sub isn't in the same league at all  

3 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Gotta be honest having just had a look at this year's line up its harsh to compare it to primavera. A festival with Snow Patrol as a sub isn't in the same league at all  

*Previous years. In its defence it balances out with great acts on the 2nd line up release.

But yes I'm not going this year. 

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I accept tastes vary of course but it just looks like a diluted Primavera to me plus I'm judging it on this year and I only counted 8 bands on the entire frigging poster that I would want to see, which is fewer than 3 per day.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

About to arrive myself but my friend who’s been there since 6 said it’s very busy.

Yeah, just arrived and the queue is massive. Annoying as just been killing time for the last few hours. Will see what happens.

Slowdive/King Gizz queue loops back on itself fairly heavily once it gets close to the venue. Have been here since 6, moved a fair bit forward in fits and starts. Just asked a member of staff and they weren't sure whether we'd make it into the venue or not (one weekend tickets, not far off the final Z of the Razzmatazz sign)

We're at the razzmatazz queue and it's about 1.5 hours long. It's already full and probably would have been a 2-3 hour queue to get in. Don't know if this is for king gizz or slowdive but a big price to pay for me Clive. I'm off to the pub. 

2 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

We're at the razzmatazz queue and it's about 1.5 hours long. It's already full and probably would have been a 2-3 hour queue to get in. Don't know if this is for king gizz or slowdive but a big price to pay for me Clive. I'm off to the pub. 

It's surely not already full, we've been here since 6 and it hasn't moved nearly enough to fill the venue. Besides, DICE has the doors as 8pm and the nearby DICE queue hasn't moved either. Hopefully the capacity app is just showing full to say there's more than the capacity already queueing outside 

4 minutes ago, Clakus said:

It's surely not already full, we've been here since 6 and it hasn't moved nearly enough to fill the venue. Besides, DICE has the doors as 8pm and the nearby DICE queue hasn't moved either. Hopefully the capacity app is just showing full to say there's more than the capacity already queueing outside 

App says it's full or very close to full. 

6 minutes ago, Clakus said:

Ah ok I see. Ah well best of luck to everyone. I've seen slowdive before and hope to see king gizz at some point.