Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Back from Barcelona. Had an absolutely terrible time unfourtunately (very little to do with the fest though), so i had to quit after WK1. Luckily I had many friends around that took care of me. Wish everyone a very pleasant rest of the festival. 

At least I had 1,5 days of great gigs

hope you are ok

8 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

hope you are ok

Yeah, I'm home and well now! 

Just had a streak of bad luck. I was already in the plane on wednesday when security at Hamburg Airport fucked up and someone went through unsearched. Police emptied out the entire airside, we had to go back through security and after a 6 hour waiting ordeal missed our flight. Our luggage went to Barcelona though.

Since neither  the Airport nor the airline gave the slightest fuck, I took it into my own hands, took a train to Berlin and flew to BCN with the very first flight in the morning not really having slept. Almost collapsed in our airbnb as a consequence, missed the entire Thursday and realized that starting a job and moving into a new place just 2 days after coming back from PS would probably not work if I had no physical resources left, so I decided to go home before going deeper into the trouble  

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, branvan said:

not only ridiculous but as well dangerous...

I saw loads of crowd management in the food area behind the main stages on Friday and Saturday. Was at the Sharon von Etten show and that was not good at all. They should close the right side entry sooner. The left side one always was ok but it’s just too narrow 

14 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Back from Barcelona. Had an absolutely terrible time unfourtunately (very little to do with the fest though), so i had to quit after WK1. Luckily I had many friends around that took care of me. Wish everyone a very pleasant rest of the festival. 

Sorry to hear that dude. Hope you're feeling better now you're home.

Gave up on Magnetic Fields. Might try another smaller one later if in any way possible!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Aye, completely misjudged that. Legit no queue around 8pm 🤔. Currently scrambling across the city to try and get into KeiyaA. The tracker says it's not close to being full but I'm dubious.

They stopped letting people into SOK about an hour ago and no chance for RAZZ 2 at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Rhak said:

If it’s any consolation: the city is pretty busy as well. We spent 40mins getting into El Xampanyet (totally worth it) and just ordered at Dr Stravinsky which took us at least 30mins to get into. 

Love El Xampanyet, but 40 minutes to get in isn’t unusual 😉 BierCAB is reasonable, got a table in five minutes

12 minutes ago, Rhak said:

If it’s any consolation: the city is pretty busy as well. We spent 40mins getting into El Xampanyet (totally worth it) and just ordered at Dr Stravinsky which took us at least 30mins to get into. 

Thanks for saying this - we've been struggling to get in anywhere that looks remotely nice!

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

Very sorry to hear this, hope you feel better dude.

• Upvote 1

They have to do something if they keep this level of quality for the gigs in the city next year, i feel like too much energy is spent in organizing the queues. Just make an online free tickets system where or sell them for a small price, with every ticket holder being able to get 1 per day.

57 minutes ago, daveje said:

Love El Xampanyet, but 40 minutes to get in isn’t unusual 😉 BierCAB is reasonable, got a table in five minutes

Really worth it. And dr stravinsky’s cocktails are pretty balls too. If it wasn’t for our plan to go cycling in the mountains (yeah I brought Lycra bibs for those wondering) I’d have one or two too many 

22 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

They have to do something if they keep this level of quality for the gigs in the city next year, i feel like too much energy is spent in organizing the queues. Just make an online free tickets system where or sell them for a small price, with every ticket holder being able to get 1 per day.

Honestly - I feel like I can’t disagree more. The quality of the gigs in the city has always been decent it’s just that there are clearly way too many tickets (if I had to estimate - maybe 30% more than 2019).

Queues for every show tonight that we tried were ridiculous. Won’t bother again next few days we might as well enjoy the Barcelona night life. 

To the vip holders out here, this is my 6th vip ticket in a row for Primavera sound, but honestly the closest vip area to the main stage was a bad joke… like 4 dixie WC’s for the entire area and an hour queue at day 2 during Beck to get a beer, c’mon don’t be crazy! Hopefully the will reinstall the front vip stage area next year🙏

There is still some value to it;
- the vip area far behind is good for 'recreation' to regain energy, with almost no lines on food and beer
- much easier access to auditori and city gigs
- the bits bridge in both directions,
etc.  How much it is worth it is another question. The front vip area was a sham. Terrible. I hated it.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They’re not going to sell many VIP tickets next year, are they?

Best just scrap it.

Yeah the VIP new setting was not working well, especially in the mid VIP area with lack of toilet and bar. I’m affraid they are going with the direction of American festival, where there are several classes of VIP area. The back VIP area (biggest one) allocated to “basic VIP” while the mid and front VIP area allocated to the “premium VIP audience” who able to pay very expensive ticket price.

Yesterday I easily entered Razzmatazz for Beck + Jehnny Beth entering the queue at 7.50 pm (lucky?)

Today I tried to enter Razz2, went there at 7.30 but there was an incredible queue already with thousands of people, Apolo was also full and with a long queue so we decided to spend the night drinking and eating in Barcelona. Not bad but they have to manage Ciutat differently in the future 🙂

Edited by gigi21

Sorry to hear some of you haven't been able to catch who you wanted to see at the city gigs. I was surprised how quickly I got into the Beach Bunny gig at Apolo 2 on Sunday. Stayed in there for Lost Girls then we had no problems moving to the main room for Les Savy Fav. 

Thanks all for the help. Not sure if I completely get the queue system, do ticket holders not have a separate queue or are we just to wait in the priority queue?

I’m still really worried that despite having a ticket for Acid Angel I won’t get in if I come at 9pm

Could I legitimately skip the queue if I have a DICE ticket? 

24 minutes ago, festiall said:

Thanks all for the help. Not sure if I completely get the queue system, do ticket holders not have a separate queue or are we just to wait in the priority queue?

I’m still really worried that despite having a ticket for Acid Angel I won’t get in if I come at 9pm

Could I legitimately skip the queue if I have a DICE ticket? 

There are 3 lines: w1 or w2 // w1 +w2 & vip // dice. But you have to go up to the entrance and ask where the dice one is coz it’s small. For Apolo 2 it was just across the street from the entrance. You should have no problem as they let you in first but I would make sure to be there at least 30min before the first band is on

10 minutes ago, Rhak said:

There are 3 lines: w1 or w2 // w1 +w2 & vip // dice. But you have to go up to the entrance and ask where the dice one is coz it’s small. For Apolo 2 it was just across the street from the entrance. You should have no problem as they let you in first but I would make sure to be there at least 30min before the first band is on

Thank you, think I’m just being greedy by wanting to see Pom Pom Squad and Magdalena bay at Poble then jumping over to razz 

The fact I’m going myself might make it easier to get in later on I’ll see how I’m feeling on night thanks again for info