Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I hear you. I do think on the other hand that last night wasn't representative of the popularity of these things, not helped by Simz cancelling and today being a public holiday in Spain.

I reckon it won't be as bad tonight, tomorrow or Wednesday now most of W1 has gone home and now these are working days for Spanish people.

This has also been the format of the Sunday gigs for the last decade incidentally. Might have to wait a bit but not hours.

The Sunday gigs have never been as busy as yesterday. Whole festival has been completely oversold

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It was my first time and I had high hopes based on what I'd been told. The music was exceptional and can't fault that side. The organisation (especially Thursday), atmosphere and vibe were lacking for me. We've had a nice time but I can't see me coming again.

Yeah. I saw some great bands and had a good time but don't think I'll be coming back for the festival again. My first time in the city though and I'd happily come here again!

Going to pass on the ciutat shows now after last night and enjoy the food and the weather!

10 minutes ago, spoiledff7 said:

The Sunday gigs have never been as busy as yesterday. Whole festival has been completely oversold

Part of it because there was no Wednesday show in the forum (at least not when we booked our flights) I usually fly in Wednesday morning, until Sunday. when i saw the schedue, I changed it to Thursday-Monday

6 minutes ago, spoiledff7 said:

Certainly that's 100% true but normally as far as I'm aware the Monday has not been a day off for local people, as it is this year, which has compounded the problem.

55 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

What's everyone feeling regarding Sons Of Kemet tonight? Not sure when to queue

Walked last not long ago and there was hardly anyone in the queue. Maybe 40 tops. I'm hoping to just rock up and walk in once the bands have started (fingers crossed)

3 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Will write further thoughts in the week once I'm a bit more awake but there was simply too many people here this year and some of the stages, and the way the site is layed out, is now very much not suitable: I gave up on watching literally every act I had planned to see on Cupro or Binance because of crowd and bottleneck issues. By overselling tickets they've made this all much more obvious.

Thursday was an unforgivable shitshow, Fri/Sat better. I had fun overall and Barcelona is a great city to spend time in, but I think for myself and a lot of people who've been before there's going to be a lot of hard consideration before grabbing tickets to next year.

Agree. Primavera still a special festival, and had a total blast  in the W1 (despite the shitty day 1). But this year seems different with the previous ones..where everything is seems so easy and chill. Can’t really explain in words, but probably I’m just too old for music festival 🙂. Let see how W2 goes, but seeing the influx of Tourist today in Barcelona, the crowd in W2 can be more overwhelming than in W1.

Edited by Bram

On 6/3/2022 at 3:16 PM, ConfidenceMan said:

Jesus christ. An extra 30,000 would be total chaos. 

At the beginning of the Gorillaz concert it got really dangerous and people got panic. You couldn't move anymore in the crowd and masses of people were pushing from the back. With so many people you can't do that anymore without barriers. 

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I predict it will be less crowded for W2.

For one thing way less convenient for Brits who were everywhere and who had clocked the chance to take advantage of the double bank holiday.

Plus it’s human nature to prefer to be at the first event.

But we will see.

That’s my thinking/hoping. Flying out from Bristol on Wednesday so hopefully the airports have calmed down by then.

The organizers adresses all the complains regarding harassment and violence by security at the festival this year now on Twitter. Ive had one or two unpleasant experiences with security during my visits to Primavera, but it seems that its been kind of bad this year. 

Re the Ciutat gigs, I think the organisation could've been better. Not a biggie for me as it was a tacked on extra (as far as I was concerned), but what they should have done was have a raffle for tickets, even if they were free. X number enter, you find out in advance if you get it or not, and any no shows go on the door, first come first served. Keep it all pretty open on social media so no one is wasting time queueing for a gig that is impossible to get. 

And that could have included city folk who don't have weekend tix, as well as weekend 1, 2 and vip. 

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Re the Ciutat gigs, I think the organisation could've been better. Not a biggie for me as it was a tacked on extra (as far as I was concerned), but what they should have done was have a raffle for tickets, even if they were free. X number enter, you find out in advance if you get it or not, and any no shows go on the door, first come first served. Keep it all pretty open on social media so no one is wasting time queueing for a gig that is impossible to get. 

And that could have included city folk who don't have weekend tix, as well as weekend 1, 2 and vip. 

Fully agree! We've shuffled forward quite a bit so feeling more hopeful.

No one seems bothered what kind of ticket we have here. So far anyway.