Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

4 minutes ago, harryy said:

what has everyone been wearing / taking for the nights - wondering what level of (if any) extra layers should be packed for the early ams on site! 

I brought a hoodie but haven't needed it. Most I've ever worn was a thin jumper and haven't really needed that (we've been on site til 3-4am).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Still in the queue for Razz 2. Looks like might miss out on shame, but had a good time chatting and getting pints from the bar across the street.

Definitely will be turning up early for Slowdive and Interpol

Razz 2 has just emptied out a fair bit post Alex Cameron / pre Shame so if you’re in the front bit of the queue you might be lucky.

Definitely not something you can turn up late for or switch venues midway through - get to one venue at least an hour early and stay there for the night or don’t get in at all it seems. 

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Razz 2 has just emptied out a fair bit post Alex Cameron / pre Shame so if you’re in the front bit of the queue you might be lucky.

Definitely not something you can turn up late for or switch venues midway through - get to one venue at least an hour early and stay there for the night or don’t get in at all it seems. 

I'm not sure we can tell the pattern for the Ciutat shows just from tonight.

It's a public holiday so Spanish people don't have to work tomorrow and much more of them tonight than there will be the other nights.

And a lot of tourists will fly back tomorrow or will just be too tired or fancy doing something else.

Yeah the Iceage/King Gizzard/Les Savy Fav succession was absolutely incredible!

I wasn't even familiar with Les Savy Fav, do all their show look like that? If so I really wonder how the singer didn't die already ahahah might be one of the most intense live performance I've ever seen!!

Jamila Woods, Alex Cameron and Shame were all absolutely incredible. Possibly the best run of three acts I’ve seen so far. Really does seem like the weekday gigs are a shitshow for anybody not with a double weekend ticket or wiling to arrive like two/three hours early, but as somebody with a double weekend ticket… fuck it, I’m really looking forward to some of them. Roll on double Gizz, Slowdive, and all the rest. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Jamila Woods, Alex Cameron and Shame were all absolutely incredible. Possibly the best run of three acts I’ve seen so far. Really does seem like the weekday gigs are a shitshow for anybody not with a double weekend ticket or wiling to arrive like two/three hours early, but as somebody with a double weekend ticket… fuck it, I’m really looking forward to some of them. Roll on double Gizz, Slowdive, and all the rest. 

Got in 15 mins late for Shame and went straight into the pit. A Primavera highlight

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Toooom97 said:

I wasn't even familiar with Les Savy Fav, do all their show look like that? If so I really wonder how the singer didn't die already ahahah might be one of the most intense live performance I've ever seen!!

Yes this is what you can expect for every of their shows. A pity they hardly ever play. But this was a primavera exclusive I think and I loved every second of both shows. 

Although I thoroughly enjoyed tonights Razz 2 shows, I was gutted to miss the Iceage/King Gizz/Les Savy Fav combo - bet that was an absolute rager. Going to two midweek King Gizz shows though so hoping they pull out a heavy as fuck set for at least one of them. 

Although I’m a double weekender I’m still gonna try and arrive pretty sharpish to make sure I get entry, and if you’re just a single weekender I seriously suggest getting there mega early or you’re just not gonna get in - the crowds were ludicrous when we arrived, and that was just for some acts who I wouldn’t even have considered massively popular (although maybe I’m just underestimating the appeal of some acts - people seemed to go wild for Alex Cameron, for instance). 

Iceage/Gizzard/Savy Fav, incredible. Was really afraid the Savy Fav singer would stagedive from the balcony (I'm sure he gave it a thought) or come crashing down with that lighting rig he gave a long look. Only Ty Segall came close in terms of intensity in the Apolo.

Thursday problems long forgiven, Primavera.

Hi, a Dice ticket holder for the Interpol gig here. Just one question. I thought my ticket would let me enter the site directly, but now I’m starting to fear that’s not the case, and that what I have bought is just the right to do the normal queue as everyone with a weekend wristband. Is that so? Or is there a diferent queue for ticket holders like me?

the thing is, would I be able to enter directly with my piece of paper or would I have to wait to someone to leave the site in order for me to enter?

I wont have the time to go early, that’s why I bought the ticket in the first place…

thanks

7 hours ago, Toooom97 said:

I saw them only once (this week at Forum), but I assume it's always like this - the singer was bleeding from his leg at the end of that Forum show.

About yesterday - we want to check Razzmatazz after Boy Pablo, but we couldn't even manage to find the end of the queue for Razz 2 (we gave up after 2 blocks). So, see you on Thursday, Alex Cameron.

Today concludes my primavera sound. For a really nice Spanish restaurant (good quality price ratio, too) go to “arume”. Thanks everyone for the tips and see you (I hope in a while, need detox after these 3 yrs) for the buildup to ps 2023. 

highlights: 

1 pavement

2 beach house 

3 autechre 

4 Tyler the creator

5 Jenny hval (outstanding, definitely a surprise, the sound was very warm)

Edited by Whos3000_

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'm not sure we can tell the pattern for the Ciutat shows just from tonight.

It's a public holiday so Spanish people don't have to work tomorrow and much more of them tonight than there will be the other nights.

And a lot of tourists will fly back tomorrow or will just be too tired or fancy doing something else.

I hope that's the case. Didn't know it was a public holiday today but did notice everywhere seemed really busy in town last night (and not just tourists).

8 hours ago, Toooom97 said:

He was awesome on Thursday at Binance too. Chaotic energy, in and out of the crowd, on and and off with various clothes. No hanging from balconies though obvs!

At the end of the set he marched up the field in his pants and went to buy a beer at the bar. The queue all cheered and parted to let him to the front.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

Hi, a Dice ticket holder for the Interpol gig here. Just one question. I thought my ticket would let me enter the site directly, but now I’m starting to fear that’s not the case, and that what I have bought is just the right to do the normal queue as everyone with a weekend wristband. Is that so? Or is there a diferent queue for ticket holders like me?

the thing is, would I be able to enter directly with my piece of paper or would I have to wait to someone to leave the site in order for me to enter?

I wont have the time to go early, that’s why I bought the ticket in the first place…

thanks

it’s fine it’s guaranteed entry. they scan your code in a separate queue. 

unless security messes up of course but they should have it sorted now