Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

7 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

How does it work and which bar? 

was the right hand bar right at the back of the main stages next to the exit steps. you order in the app, then press collect and you get a numerical code for the order and you scan their QR code. but they talked me through it. 

• Thanks 1

Bloody pandemic has robbed me of all my innate festival know how, and as a result I've hurt the soles of my feet from standing too much. 🥲 Had to miss Caribou cos I can't stand up for long, although I did sit through Rigoberta Bandini at Cupra which was kind of brilliant, like an entire Eurovision Song Contest but only the big camp pop numbers, no boring ballads.

I'm now at my flat and putting my feet in an ice bath.

I’m not sure why, but today felt far less busy. Plenty of room to dance and vibe at Mordor, and although the bar situation isn’t perfect, it’s like night and day to yesterdays shitshow. Good to see they’ve done something to sort it out, and hopefully that’ll continue through both weekends. Today has been a blast! 

Fair play to the festival for managing to solve the issues from yesterday. Beach Bunny set the tone today - a lovely set which was recieved greatly by the crowd. But Little Simz has absolutely stole the show - what a giant crowd for a giant talent. Incredible. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marvelous_Slut said:

Was anyone else under the impression you could get 1 euro back per cup or just us?

I assumed we would too! Not the case?

Today much better all in all. Autechre, Shellac, The National and Mogwai all amazing and enjoyed what I saw of Caribou and Mainline Magic Orchestra. Saw a tiny bit of Iosonouncane which looked great, wish I'd seen more.

Knackered though.

Bits Bridge is available to VIP only.

So relieved it's felt more like previous years again! Only stressful moment today was security at the rails during King Gizz acting like they thought the barricade was going to buckle.

On the way to a nice long sleep, happy. Huge thank you to whoever mentioned Cabify way back when!

Pond were great as always but a mystery with the scheduling as it was exactly as hard to get close when they played the same stage in 2019. 

Fontaines Dc was my biggest positive surprise. They drew a huge crowd and big moshpits opening up even further back in the crowd. 

Best sets of the night from Iosonouncane and Mogwai. But already knew that was gonna be the case with Mogwai stepping in. 

Happy to see almost everyone enjoyed the National. To me they were too quiet even being up front but I also had two groups of chatty people around me. 

Fontaines > beck > the national was 10/10. Didn't expect beck to be as good as it was having looked at setlists etc. 

Enjoyed earl sweatshirt after, whole day seemed better to me tbh. Maybe was just ready for it but got beers off the chaps with backpacks no bother and everything sounded great.

Couldn't totally tell if Jamie xx was a huge adidas advert after tho... wasn't impressed with that 

Edited by jplewes

King Gizzard played maybe one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Absolutely fucking unreal and easily the highlight of the weekend, only Cave can challenge that. 

Can't be bothered finding the post I made a few months ago about them playing The Dripping Tap for their first show but IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME.

Genuinely not even arsed that The Strokes dropped out after that. 

Last night was really, really good. Thought Fontaine were poor tbh but everything after that was great, in particular Caribou 

A word of warning, be wary of taxi prices. We flagged one down and got charged 39 euros for literally a 3 street journey (I couldn't walk anymore at this point) because it was 'Primavera rates' 

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Positive ambience, chill crowd and of course wonderful music performance. Started my day with Beach Bunny, bough nomad and three marks coffee for long day ahead, continue with Weyes Blood, Fontaines, Beck (shed a little tear during Lost Cause singalong), The Amazing National and Caribou (who I thought a worthy headliner with that crazy ‘Sun’ performance). Can’t feel my leg and went home early (missing Mogwai & Jeff Mills) to avoid being cramped in Tram. But overall 100 out 100 experience. Can’t wait for today!!!

• Upvote 1

After not so good first day (and also due to several recent timetable shake-ups difficult to process) we came to the site with no specific schedule (first time ever). We just knew we would start the day with Cariño and then took it concert by concert, and ideally somewhere along the way we planned to check that promised land where drinks were plentiful (BITS).

It became one of the most relaxed festival days ever, even though looking back at it, the biggest name we saw was Caribou (from Ravi on).

No lines anywhere, every concert (except for Caribou) seen from really close to the stage (without feeling crammed), everything we needed was just few minutes of waiting away. Although, after reading this forum, it apparently wasn't about my great crowd-avoiding skills at all (situation was so much better everywhere).

And the music was brilliant.

The Cariňo - Beach Bunny - Manel tripple starter was simply amazing. Especially Cariňo gained a lot of confidence since I discovered them at PS 2019. Amaia's sunset set was also one to remember. BITS was like a ghosttown (comparing to previous editions), I almost felt bad for the artists. However, Pabllo Vittar didn't seem to care about it and put one hell of a show. 

And then this Rigoberta Bandini set at Cupra. I just don't get how they do this - it was like some kind of greatest hits set after decades long carreer, one crowdpleaser after another, which is insane since they haven't released a single album yet. Atmosphere was amazing, everyone singing and dancing, pure joy.

I have some regrets about taking this low profile route, especially after hearing of so much praise for The National (but even though I didn't see them this time, it makes me genuinely happy to see how many people enjoyed them that much). 

But all in all, it was a brilliant day, they made Primavera great again!

Today plan:

Guineu - Porridge Radio - Die Katapult - Dreamcatcher - Bauhaus - Gorillaz - Beach House - Disclosure

• Like 1