Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

6 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Why is that crap? That's obviously much better than clearing people out 

Because I renounced to low to get a better position in the line for autechre given they would have cleared the venue and it would have been impossible to do both. These are things that should have been communicated 

31 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Security staff going around the Low queue telling people there is "no chance" of getting in. My own fault for not getting here earlier but am disappointed again. 

Yeah we did the same 😞

Queuing for Autechre now but no idea if we'll get in or not. Before the festival people said the Auditori was easy to get into if you turn up 10 minutes before but really you have to be here like an hour before I think.

Wanted to be inside for Low to get a spot for Autechre so shit all round. Another bad start to the day! Wouldn't be so bad if you could get a drink for the queue but you can't.

On the plus side we were late for Low as I put on a brave face and went and bought some weed from a cannabis cafe so thanks for everyone who encouraged me to give it a go! They were lovely and helpful to the extent I felt really bad leaving with my purchase but hoping this takes the edge off the booze situation.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Because I renounced to low to get a better position in the line for autechre given they would have cleared the venue and it would have been impossible to do both. These are things that should have been communicated 

I did say yesterday they weren't clearing the venue! Appreciate a risk though.

14 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Yeah Pavement were great. Interesting setlist too, heavy on hits but some deep cuts too. However, I thought the crowd upfront was way too rowdy and I kinda hated the mosh pits and crowd surfing. For me they're a legendary band with songs that were huge in my life, I would love to be able to watch them without having to fear for my safety. Ended up going back a few rows which was much better. The band absolutely delivered. 

This. I was in the third row & got elbowed in the head by the guy behind me who appeared out of nowhere. After the song ended he tapped me on my shoulder, I presumed to apologize. Instead he asked if I spoke Spanish (I do) & went on to tell me "this is Primavera pushing & shoving is normal". I told him I was aware & it wasn't my first time at Primavera. Kind of set of tone for the two hour set for me. Didn't ruin it, but I expected it to be much more laid back and enjoyable, like the 2010 shows. 😔

50 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

How is the security looking today? Just as relaxed as yesterday?

Need to bring in water (wine), as I can’t deal with a repeat of last night 

for me they really grabbed my bag and squeeze it to feel it out. luckily forgot cans but mate managed a bottle of spirits in his pants

Tip the extra water stand near binance cloak room is handing out cans! But you still can’t take in your cap for your water bottle hahahaah. Safety first! Anyways. This is a good solution. They Have thousands of cans at the ready. Bars really quiet. Even really easy to go and watch beach bunny. Rather pleased with our start