Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Bram said:

The saddest thing that not everyone have the opportunity to go next year. This year fest is the only opportunity and it’s a frickin shit show on what they called as “the 20 year edition, the best of the best”. God dammnit I’m pissed off as hell 

And the beer tastes like piss too

21 minutes ago, MagneticField85 said:

It's possible to do both, not sure where the connection is beyond your interest to expand criticism.

Yesterday was a shit show, some people around here had reasonable doubts that were confirmed.

Frankly, service at bars is the only they can improve (not sure if this is possible in 24 hours though). Festival is mega crowded, and there's no step back for that.

Right, but shouldn't organizers organize? Like, before?

Don't know if anyone already wrote it but yesrerday I went out of the Forum a couple of times for a beer at the bars at the starting of the Av. Diagonal.

About 15 mins to reach the bars and 15 mins to come back to the stages. 3€ for a cold can of beer, served in a second and drinked sitting outside. If you have one hour to spend without concerts, it definitely worth it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thought the production was really poor at the main stage for Tame Impala. Really quiet and the big screens were randomly switching themselves off for a number of songs. 

Really hope the bar situation can be sorted out today but I think it actually might be worse. Have a feeling there will be a higher attendance today and I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of the bar staff who worked yesterday have just decided to fuck it off after the shitshow. Can't blame them either 

14 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Thought the production was really poor at the main stage for Tame Impala. Really quiet and the big screens were randomly switching themselves off for a number of songs. 

Really hope the bar situation can be sorted out today but I think it actually might be worse. Have a feeling there will be a higher attendance today and I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of the bar staff who worked yesterday have just decided to fuck it off after the shitshow. Can't blame them either 

Yeah, was thinking the same.

I wouldn't turn up for a second shift of that.

I wonder if there's any point rushing to see Parquet Courts after Beck finishes- The way it looked yesterday with Black Midi, I expect the same today, getting there late wont work.. both of them are too big for Pitchfork stage, weird placement imo (and the same, even double, with the smile on rayban)

Primavera has responded in NME Magazine today, blaming COVID for shortage on staff. They also say that ''in some areas of the festival we realised the audience was way lower and they were empty (we were way under the total capacity of 95,000, with ''only'' 66000 thousand attendees''. No mention re. crowd safety, which is a bit concerning to me. 

The COVID excuse is not great. But the fact that they repeat the capacity of 95k, hopefully this also means that they will be able to do some logistical adjustments at the festival site to make it more safe and enjoyable. Not sure how, but fingers crossed. 

Anyway, hope you all get to enjoy day 2 of the festival! Stay safe and have fun 🙂

Edited by pne094

As someone who’s never fainted before, I came very close on the shuttle back last night due to dehydration. About 5 mins before we stopped I turned white and got extremely feverish. Got off when the shuttle stopped and sat on the street and managed to get a bottle of water, seriously not something I’m wanting to repeat today, didn’t drink and loads (couldn’t even if I wanted to with the bar queues) but slightly concerned about potentially more queues for water with the talk of 30,000 more people coming today - is todays day tickets sold out or something, do we know it’s going to be busier than last night? 

As a bit of very old school perspective, I've followed these forums for years even though my last Primavera (Barca-have been to the Porto one since then) was 2011/2012. We stopped going as we felt it had become overcrowded, queues for bars were ridiculous (the last time we went was the infamous aborted e-cards system), moving between stages especially after midnight felt like a borderline crush.

All that to say, I suppose this is what happens when festivals expand. They'll make some adjustments and people will keep flooding in.

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I'm about fifteen minutes away. Sounds like I don't have a chance of getting in, do I? 

It barely gets full, it is more a question on how good seat you will get. It is easier to 'shop around" for a better single seat kn between other groups than if you are a group.